DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video format non readable by computer

singerg

Premium Pilot
Reactions
SD card formatted as FAT or ExFAT. Recording works fine, but the result video is AVC1. My computer is unable to play it, no matter what the application is. Trying to convert it into something else (MOV, others), but it cannot be read. Documentation says I can choose the recording format (MOV), but DJI Fly does not show any way to do that. Below the recording button there is a Play button, not a choice of formats.

What aircraft?

Also you may be having an issue with the new codec everyone seems to be using these days. H-264 has been the standard, GoPro, DJI and a lot of video is now in H-265. My older home PC will not play the new files, my newer laptop has no problem with the new codec.

In your file explorer right click on one of the clips and check the properties. This may give you a clue as to what is going on.

Reactions: tlswift58
What aircraft?

Also you may be having an issue with the new codec everyone seems to be using these days. H-264 has been the standard, GoPro, DJI and a lot of video is now in H-265. My older home PC will not play the new files, my newer laptop has no problem with the new codec.

In your file explorer right click on one of the clips and check the properties. This may give you a clue as to what is going on.
Mavic Mini. My iMac is quite tolerant of many formats, but this particular one was shown as AVC1. No player would touch it. VLC, Cisdem, Quick Time. And Final Cut Pro would not import it. Not even Wondershare UniConverter, which is supposed to do that job would accept it.
I thought I had read that the RC/app could let me choose what format I preferred, but I cannot find such option. What did work was that the video also resided in the phone. Finding it was a chore, but then I could copy it into the computer, and processed it.

SD card formatted as FAT or ExFAT. Recording works fine, but the result video is AVC1. My computer is unable to play it, no matter what the application is. Trying to convert it into something else (MOV, others), but it cannot be read. Documentation says I can choose the recording format (MOV), but DJI Fly does not show any way to do that. Below the recording button there is a Play button, not a choice of formats.
Video and camera settings are in the FlyApp. Seems you may have H.265 selected and you need H.264 unless you get the H.265 codec.

Did you try formatting the card on the Mac or in the aircraft? I know there's a setting to choose MP4 or MOV files in the Fly app. It sounds like an SD card formatting problem to me.

I had formatted the SD on the iMac. I will reformat it on the drone. You may be right. It MAY be a formatting problem, although the format is FAT32.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan