DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

kaankorkmaz

Reactions
Hello all,

I've been flying my mavic for quite a bit and recently realized that the video quality is terrible. I did some research on the internet and saw that especially the first generation mavics can have technical problems because there was a lot of demand at that time and DJI decided to skip some items on the quality checklist. Unfortunately I might have received one of them. I uploaded a video for reference. Let me know what you think the problem may be and if I would be able to fix it. Thanks in advance!

The horizontal lines look like prop shadows or strobing when sunlight happened to be angled just right.
Not really seeing anything wavy either. You might see some issues from vibration if motors are working extra hard e.g. in strong wind.
The horizon was out in one part but OK again later.

That wavy lines are definitely the sun passing through your props. It happens when the sun is approximately 90 or so degrees to the side and above the aircraft at approximately 30 or so degrees. That's why it goes away when you turn to the side or if the sun is behind you. Most drones will see this effect. I agree that the gimbal shake is probably due to wind gusts. It happens more in sport mode.

Reactions: Nephiliam
Horizontal lines are from props due to ~45 - 80 degree angle to the sun.
Is that Lake Van?

I doubt that: the shadow of the props caused by the sun passing through them always covers just a little portion of the image, the bottom left or the bottom right corner, based on where the sun is, but here the effect goes all over the whole image. In the first part of the clip the sun is on the left so the prop shodows should have been just in the bottom left part of the image, but here they're everywhere, even on the rightmost parts. That's a lot more than just prop shadows

As other members have pointed out. The lines appear to be sunlight passing through the props. U can solve that by getting a lens hood I think you'll like Fashion PGYTECH Lens Camera Protector Sun Shade Glare Shield Gimbal Shade Camera Mavic Pro Lens Hood Anti Flare for DJI Mavic Pro Hobbies Accessory. Add it to your wishlist!

Fashion PGYTECH Lens Camera Protector Sun Shade Glare Shield Gimbal Shade Camera Mavic Pro Lens Hood Anti Flare for DJI Mavic Pro Hobbies Accessory

The wavyNess can be sorted with a post production issue. I do get a slight jitter everyone and then as well but only when flight in winds above 35 km ph

I doubt that: the shadow of the props caused by the sun passing through them always covers just a little portion of the image, the bottom left or the bottom right corner, based on where the sun is, but here the effect goes all over the whole image. In the first part of the clip the sun is on the left so the prop shodows should have been just in the bottom left part of the image, but here they're everywhere, even on the rightmost parts. That's a lot more than just prop shadows

I disagree. This is most definitely prop shadow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000