DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

I have uploaded a new version of VLM to Dropbox - please download it and give it a try.

VLM V2.2 has only minor changes from the previous version :

1) Improved smoothing algorithm when altitude changes at a WP.
2) Added WP infill option - VLM can now generate smoothed WPs to fill gaps.
3) POIs are now shown in Google Earth - although unfortunately the numbering may not always match the Litchi numbering.
4) VLM will now check for updates
5) Several minor bug fixes

The link to the new version is available in the first post of this thread.

I hope it works for you - if there are problems then please let me know.

Thanks

Neil

Reactions: BigAl07 and marklyn
Thanks again, can't wait to see the new version and test it!

I have uploaded a new version of VLM to Dropbox - please download it and give it a try.

VLM V2.2 has only minor changes from the previous version :

1) Improved smoothing algorithm when altitude changes at a WP.
2) Added WP infill option - VLM can now generate smoothed WPs to fill gaps.
3) POIs are now shown in Google Earth - although unfortunately the numbering may not always match the Litchi numbering.
4) VLM will now check for updates
5) Several minor bug fixes

The link to the new version is available in the first post of this thread.

I hope it works for you - if there are problems then please let me know.

Thanks

Neil

Works splendidly here on my laptop. I'll download it and install it on my work system on Monday and really give it a work out LOL.

THANK YOU!
Allen

Thanks for your time and effort developing VLM. It runs great on my Mac under Parallels 13.

I have uploaded to YouTube a side-by side comparison of a virtual mission and the corresponding actual mission. VLM really does a good job!

hI Namirda, thanks foir all yoiur efforts for this very nicr piece of software.
I installed it on a windows 10 laptop and it works fine. The next day I launched VLM and only heared the sound of the starting DJI .... nothing on my screen.
When I start other applications; as a browser, everything looks ok !
very frustating !

Thanks for your help

hI Namirda, thanks foir all yoiur efforts for this very nicr piece of software.
I installed it on a windows 10 laptop and it works fine. The next day I launched VLM and only heared the sound of the starting DJI .... nothing on my screen.
When I start other applications; as a browser, everything looks ok !
very frustating !

Thanks for your help
Hi Mike,

Yes sorry - a few people have reported this and I can't find the problem.

I think it should clear if you press CTRL at the same time as you start VLM which will reset everything to initial conditions.

If that doesn't solve the problem then look to see if you have any running processes called "CEFSharp.BrowserSubprocess" - it could be that these are left behind if VLM quits abnormally for some reason. If you have then either kill them or restart your PC.

I never seem to have the problem here and so it is difficult to find....!

Thanks

N

HI Namirda

CTRL did the job on 2 PC's ! Thanks a lot... I had the same problem on another Windows laptop...
Any idea on the reason for this ?
I use th ePC only for VLM as I am a MAc user. ;-)

YM

I have a spiral Litchi mission set up with the mission settings set to Auto (TNW) in Litchi so the heading is always toward the flight direction.
Looks good in Mission Hub but when I export it, I'm guessing that VLM doesn't handle this (on purpose?) because the virtual flight is spiral but facing the same direction (north I think).

It looks like Litchi fixed the export bug in the latest Mission Hub update:

Version 1.2.1 (July 5, 2018)
- exporting to CSV will now correctly export headings when the mission heading mode is set to "Auto"

It looks like Litchi fixed the export bug in the latest Mission Hub update:

Version 1.2.1 (July 5, 2018)
- exporting to CSV will now correctly export headings when the mission heading mode is set to "Auto"

Thanks for the heads up - I had not spotted the update.

Sadly I think Litchi have solved one bug but added the potential for lots of confusion at the same time - at least for VLM users.

If you select TNW mode in the latest version of the Litchi Mission Hub settings then indeed the heading for each waypoint is set and locked towards the next waypoint as we would expect.

However, Litchi should have ensured that the POI was set and locked to None when TNW mode is selected - it isn't possible to point to the next waypoint AND a POI. The two modes are not compatible.

VLM will give strange results if you allow this inconsistency to exist in your missions. If you want to use the TNW mode then please make sure that the POI is set to None.

You may get away with it for straight line missions where VLM is not required to do any interpolation but for curved missions using POI there will certainly be issues.

I will nag Litchi about this and maybe they will fix it!

N

Reactions: Hauptmann
I thought id give VLM a go on my PC at work as its a Mac i have at home. I installed it along with Google earth Pro, but when i try and run VLM i get a message saying that an "Unhandled exception has occurred in the application". It goes on to say that CefSharp.Core.dll could not be found.

Any ideas what i need to do?

I thought id give VLM a go on my PC at work as its a Mac i have at home. I installed it along with Google earth Pro, but when i try and run VLM i get a message saying that an "Unhandled exception has occurred in the application". It goes on to say that CefSharp.Core.dll could not be found.

Any ideas what i need to do?

Hi,

Cefsharp.Core.dll should have been installed as an integral part of VLM when you installed the software.

Not sure what can have happened in your case but I suggest that you uninstall and then re-install VLM and keep an eye open for any error messages during the re-installation.

It might be the case that your AV is obstructing the installation somehow. You could try disabling your AV while you install VLM - I have not heard of that problem before but I suppose it is a possibility.

N

Hi,

Cefsharp.Core.dll should have been installed as an integral part of VLM when you installed the software.

Not sure what can have happened in your case but I suggest that you uninstall and then re-install VLM and keep an eye open for any error messages during the re-installation.

It might be the case that your AV is obstructing the installation somehow. You could try disabling your AV while you install VLM - I have not heard of that problem before but I suppose it is a possibility.

N
Thanks Namirada. I will try that.

Nope, still have the same issue. I guess i'll have to give up as i dont want to mess around with AV/Firewalls on a work computer.

Litchi 2.2 runs with litchi window shifted about 1/4 to the right and I can't see the right side because it is out of the window. The 1/4 of the left side is black.
???

Litchi 2.2 runs with litchi window shifted about 1/4 to the right and I can't see the right side because it is out of the window. The 1/4 of the left side is black.
???
If you look back through this thread you will find that this question has been asked three times already.

The issue is related to the resolution of your screen. Please see post #365 for details.

N

Thanks, I ran out of time searching for an answer.
4k monitor, Win 10, Been running fine for about a month. I got latest stable win 10 update, suddenly I get the black and offset Litchi frame.

This solution is not possible. Right click does not produce a compatibility tab.
"Right click on the .exe, compatibility tab > change high DPI settings > tick override." from message 365.

However, it works fine on my 2k monitor on the same computer.
Just reporting. I can work 2k while this gets figured out.

EDIT: When it opens on my 2k monitor it is OK. When I drag it over to the 4k it works OK!
Open on 4k and the problem moves to the 2k when you drag the window over.
Hmmmm... looks like voo-doo to me.

Last edited:
Thanks, I ran out of time searching for an answer.
4k monitor, Win 10, Been running fine for about a month. I got latest stable win 10 update, suddenly I get the black and offset Litchi frame.

This solution is not possible. Right click does not produce a compatibility tab.
"Right click on the .exe, compatibility tab > change high DPI settings > tick override." from message 365.

However, it works fine on my 2k monitor on the same computer.
Just reporting. I can work 2k while this gets figured out.

EDIT: When it opens on my 2k monitor it is OK. When I drag it over to the 4k it works OK!
Open on 4k and the problem moves to the 2k when you drag the window over.
Hmmmm... looks like voo-doo to me.

You need to right click on the VLM desktop icon, choose properties and then compatibility.

I really can't help you out with dual screen setup - I've never tried it so there may indeed be voodoos there!

N

Hi All,

There have been lots of questions about elevation in Litchi Missions in this thread and elsewhere - it's a tricky subject and one which can lead you into trouble if you are not clear about the issues.

I would like to try and explain one or two of those issues insofar as they relate to Virtual Litchi Mission.

Take a look at this short 12 minute video and let me know if it helps...

N

Reactions: PEART and Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S