DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Happy New Year!!

Here is version V1.0.4 of Virtual Litchi Mission. It will probably be the last for a while unless you guys find a bunch of bugs or have some great ideas for improvement.

Some significant changes:

1) There is now a new "WayPoint Views" item in GE which allows you to inspect the view at each waypoint using the camera settings in the csv. You can use it to check that the camera does indeed see what you intend at each WP.

2) I have put all the diagnostic sub-items in GE into a separate folder to keep things a bit more tidy. The Diagnostic fold is no longer selected by default.

3) I have changed the Altitude Reference Options - there are now three modes:
a) A "Ground" mode where the altitudes in the csv file are taken to be relative to ground level.
b) A "WP1" mode where the altitude reference is the altitude of the first WP of the mission.
c) A "Value" mode where you can input the Altitude Reference value you want.

4) There is a new Drone selector dropdown to facilitate input of FOV.

5) Cosmetic changes here and there as well as a few bug fixes.

I have updated the contents of the help tab accordingly. No viruses in this version either....!!!!

Please take it for a flight and let me know if there are problems - thanks

Attachments

• Virtual Litchi Mission V1.0.4.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 118
Happy New Year!!

Here is version V1.0.4 of Virtual Litchi Mission. It will probably be the last for a while unless you guys find a bunch of bugs or have some great ideas for improvement.

Some significant changes:

1) There is now a new "WayPoint Views" item in GE which allows you to inspect the view at each waypoint using the camera settings in the csv. You can use it to check that the camera does indeed see what you intend at each WP.

2) I have put all the diagnostic sub-items in GE into a separate folder to keep things a bit more tidy. The Diagnostic fold is no longer selected by default.

3) I have changed the Altitude Reference Options - there are now three modes:
a) A "Ground" mode where the altitudes in the csv file are taken to be relative to ground level.
b) A "WP1" mode where the altitude reference is the altitude of the first WP of the mission.
c) A "Value" mode where you can input the Altitude Reference value you want.

4) There is a new Drone selector dropdown to facilitate input of FOV.

5) Cosmetic changes here and there as well as a few bug fixes.

I have updated the contents of the help tab accordingly. No viruses in this version either....!!!!

Please take it for a flight and let me know if there are problems - thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@namirda ....definitely....I´M STILL ASTONISHED!!!!

Amazing....this is my best gift for Christmas!

I still envy you and others for being able to build this.

THANKS THANKS THANKS and a million extra thanks for this

I´m enjoying....and the most important, saving my time! THANKS!

Reactions: timmy
Hi again

I would like to ask you all if you could help me

I´m trying to enjoy with this amazing tool, but...I can!

I´ve been reading the posts, and the manual within the software...following the steps, and...al I got is my virtual flight under the sea level in the middle of the ocean in fron of Africa, Atlantic Ocean (see attached)

I´m going to include my mission from Litchi, and some screen captures for those who could help me
I just got some error on the Process Log window at Virtual Litchi Mission

Please, take a look and if someone could help me to fix this, it would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Here you have the Process Log Windows Capture
upload_2018-1-2_13-52-46.png
The three red lines...I don´t know how to make them work! (BTW, the one in the middle says "Error at remote server: (400) Bad Request" (or similar...sorry about my english)

Here you have the location of that mission at Google Earth
upload_2018-1-2_13-56-49.png

And this is how it looks like when I enable the "Waypoints Path, Labels and view"

upload_2018-1-2_13-58-0.png

Finally...this is the REAL MISSION I planned on Litchi Mission Hub...and I runned it yesterday with my Mavid and played well!...so...I don´t know how to fix it or where is my mistake....
upload_2018-1-2_13-59-30.png

If you want to check some extra data, here you have the CSV file that I exported from Litchi....I guess that this is the issue to solve, but I don´t know how....
(I attached the CSV and the 3Dkml .... maybe that helps!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

P.S.: BTW..isn't iteallowéd to upload csv and kml files? I couldn´t do it that´s why they are under a zip file.... (rar wasn´t allowed too)...really strange!

Attachments

• kml and csv files.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi again

I would like to ask you all if you could help me

I´m trying to enjoy with this amazing tool, but...I can!

I´ve been reading the posts, and the manual within the software...following the steps, and...al I got is my virtual flight under the sea level in the middle of the ocean in fron of Africa, Atlantic Ocean (see attached)

I´m going to include my mission from Litchi, and some screen captures for those who could help me
I just got some error on the Process Log window at Virtual Litchi Mission

Please, take a look and if someone could help me to fix this, it would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Here you have the Process Log Windows Capture
View attachment 27879
The three red lines...I don´t know how to make them work! (BTW, the one in the middle says "Error at remote server: (400) Bad Request" (or similar...sorry about my english)

Here you have the location of that mission at Google Earth
View attachment 27880

And this is how it looks like when I enable the "Waypoints Path, Labels and view"

View attachment 27881

Finally...this is the REAL MISSION I planned on Litchi Mission Hub...and I runned it yesterday with my Mavid and played well!...so...I don´t know how to fix it or where is my mistake....
View attachment 27882

If you want to check some extra data, here you have the CSV file that I exported from Litchi....I guess that this is the issue to solve, but I don´t know how....
(I attached the CSV and the 3Dkml .... maybe that helps!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

P.S.: BTW..isn't iteallowéd to upload csv and kml files? I couldn´t do it that´s why they are under a zip file.... (rar wasn´t allowed too)...really strange!
I just tried your attached CSV file in V. 1.04 and it worked perfectly fine. I'm not sure why you have issues.
capture_001_02012018_082909.jpg

Reactions: dlopezjurado
the mission worked fine for me. Here is a snapshot of the progress log between your flight and mine... you have issues within GE... try googling those errors and warnings and see if there is something you can alter/fix in Google earth.Capture.JPG

Just finished testing on several missions - nice work man, nice work.

Hey...thanks both of you!

That´s what I was trying to...and that´s why I attached the file.

So now we know it´s not the mission or Litchi, nor even the Virtual litchi Mission (As I´m using the 1.0.4 version too...)

It should be some problem with....Google Earth? Or maybe my computer?

Maybe the error line where it says "ERROR AT THE REMOTE SEVICE (400): BAD REQUEST"
Or the previous one "ERROR GETTING ELEVATION DATA FROM GOOGLE EARTH"....No idea...

I´ve tried many many times, and my altitude reference is WP1 too as yours...

If someone else find the problem I have or could give any idea, it would be appreciated!

THANKS A LOT GUYS!

P.S.: Maybe Mr @Brojon who I trust deeply or Mr. @miranda who built this, could take a look and tell me something when you have some time! Thanks!

OMG, this is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much.. To be able to see the mission before actually flying is just incredible. :D

Hey...thanks both of you!

That´s what I was trying to...and that´s why I attached the file.

So now we know it´s not the mission or Litchi, nor even the Virtual litchi Mission (As I´m using the 1.0.4 version too...)

It should be some problem with....Google Earth? Or maybe my computer?

Maybe the error line where it says "ERROR AT THE REMOTE SEVICE (400): BAD REQUEST"
Or the previous one "ERROR GETTING ELEVATION DATA FROM GOOGLE EARTH"....No idea...

I´ve tried many many times, and my altitude reference is WP1 too as yours...

If someone else find the problem I have or could give any idea, it would be appreciated!

THANKS A LOT GUYS!

P.S.: Maybe Mr @Brojon who I trust deeply or Mr. @miranda who built this, could take a look and tell me something when you have some time! Thanks!

Well that was interesting!

It took me a while to understand what was going on here but I now believe the problem lies in the murky area of computer locale.

Infuriatingly, not all countries use the same characters for the decimal separator and digital grouping. For example, in most countries, we write the number "one thousand" as 1,000.00 but many others, for example in Spain, they would write the same number as 1.000,00

Spain and many other countries use the comma "," as the decimal separator and the period "." for digital grouping.

I know this from hard experience - I used to work for an international company which lost millions because of errors made due to this simple and infuriating source of confusion.

This type of locale difference also causes chaos with the Litchi csv files which use a comma "," to separate the various fields in the file. The comma "," is the standard csv separator in most of the world but I guess they must use something else in Spain.

This is all nicely explained by wikipedia - Decimal mark - Wikipedia

So @dlopezjurado - judging from the location in your csv file, I think you are probably in Spain. if you want to make VLM run on your computer then you will need to change your numerical representation settings to match the rest of us.

Go to Control Panel -> Region -> Regional Settings and change the decimal separator to "." and the grouping to "," and then try VLM again. I think you may have more success.

As an aside, I think your mission "Circuito Puente Tablas Largo" is a bit on the 'wild' side. There are huge changes in bearing, heading and gimbal values over very short distances. You will get much better results out of both VLM and your drone if you smooth things out a bit.

Good luck

Last edited:
Super Tool!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

This tool should be more well publicized and actually used before every Licthi flight to make sure that one's mission does not cause thier drone to fly into an obstacle that was not accounted for.

Wish Google Earth had more accurate tree data so that I could be sure that any growth in trees were accounted for. That when when flying a mission that appears to clear the trees represented in Google Earth actually means that one will clear the tree's elevation.

Reactions: Hauptmann

It took me a while to understand what was going on here but I now believe the problem lies in the murky area of computer locale.

Infuriatingly, not all countries use the same characters for the decimal separator and digital grouping. For example, in most countries, we write the number "one thousand" as 1,000.00 but many others, for example in Spain, they would write the same number as 1.000,00

Spain and many other countries use the comma "," as the decimal separator and the period "." for digital grouping.

I know this from hard experience - I used to work for an international company which lost millions because of errors made due to this simple and infuriating source of confusion.

This type of locale difference also causes chaos with the Litchi csv files which use a comma "," to separate the various fields in the file. The comma "," is the standard csv separator in most of the world but I guess they must use something else in Spain.

So @dlopezjurado - judging from the location in your csv file, I think you are probably in Spain. if you want to make VLM run on your computer then you will need to change your numerical representation settings to match the rest of us.

Go to Control Panel -> Region -> Regional Settings and change the decimal separator to "." and the grouping to "," and then try VLM again. I think you may have more success.

As an aside, I think your mission "Circuito Puente Tablas Largo" is a bit on the 'wild' side. There are huge changes in bearing, heading and gimbal values over very short distances. You will get much better results out of both VLM and your drone if you smooth things out a bit.

Good luck

WOA! WOA! WOA!

[email protected] SIMPLE HAVE TO SAY I BEND ON MY KNEES!!!

You are totally right.....I know well about that issue with the comma and the period issue here and other countries!
As you did, I worked for some international countries in the Math area and I´m a Math teacher too, so I´ve had that issue continuously in the past! YES! It is just that simple but crazy thing.... but honestly, I was so excited that I didn´t think about that. YOU ARE SO HELPFUL!!!

I´ll fix as I did time ago the issue with the decimal separator....it is something that I know, but only you made me open my eyes!

Something different is the issue with my terrible mission on the wild side! That´s totally right. It is my second mission, supposedly on a MotorCross Extreme Circuit to follow motorcycles, so, distances are short and I´ve tried to follow the path and so the motorcycles, but, yes, I flew that yesterday, and it is not so nice! Too much. I still have much to learn, especially with gimbal, as many points have no value to follow and it returns to horizontal (I didn´t know that) so that simple detail makes it much much worse....That´s why I discover VLM and I´m so happy to smooth my missions!

I really really THANK YOU for your work, help, and patience with everybody, but especially, with me

Thanks @namirda !!!

I´ll tell you my results!

Good luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@namirda ...SOLVED!....Thanks for your help!

The virtual mission on Google Earth is almost 90% similar to the real video I filmed yesterday with that wild mission. Now, I´m going to work on it to improve it and make it much better!

Thanks to all of you!

Super Tool!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

This tool should be more well publicized and actually used before every Licthi flight to make sure that one's mission does not cause thier drone to fly into an obstacle that was not accounted for.

Wish Google Earth had more accurate tree data so that I could be sure that any growth in trees were accounted for. That when when flying a mission that appears to clear the trees represented in Google Earth actually means that one will clear the tree's elevation.
Would that were true but GE is *way* behind on accurate features. Best to eyeball the mission on location for sure.
But yeah - I find now with this tool I can get much closer to what I have in mind's eye. I tend to be over cautious by flying higher than necessary - this tool allows me to be prudent but also to get closer.

LOl - I was wondering if that were the cause. It's bitten a company I used to work for in the rear before with their office software. We tried to tell them we needed time to review the codebase before they opened it to international markets but Nooooo - couldn't wait. Interestingly it was less of an issue with ASP.NET on their web site.

Would that were true but GE is *way* behind on accurate features. Best to eyeball the mission on location for sure.
But yeah - I find now with this tool I can get much closer to what I have in mind's eye. I tend to be over cautious by flying higher than necessary - this tool allows me to be prudent but also to get closer.

No doubt..that´s the key. Cautious enough, but close enough too!

I´m enjoying!!

THANKS!

is this what I am supposed to see ?

Can I suggest for the next update there is an option to right click the help file for printing plesae

Litchi pic 1.jpg

is this what I am supposed to see ?

Can I suggest for the next update there is an option to right click the help file for printing plesae

View attachment 27979

You're looking at the path "curtain". You can uncheck the boxes if you don't want to see it.
If you're unfamiliar with Google Earth you're going to need to spend some time learning it.
As far as help - you can Ctrl-A to select everything, Ctrl-C to copy. Then paste into any editor and print all you like.

Reactions: marklyn
Hi Brojon, yes you are correct I have not used GE very often, just had a look at their help and cannot find anything about a curtain view, can you tell me where I go to uncheck the boxes, clicked most of the tabs and nothing mentions curtain.

I did try Ctrl-A it did not select anything so I manually selected all text in the help tab, then did the Ctrl-A and opened OpenOffice Writer and did the Ctrl-C and nothing, I also highlighted all text right clicked and did a copy the to OpenOffice Writer could not do a paste.

Love this program and want it to work at its best, should my scenery in GE look flat ? normal use in GE is in 3d

Hi Brojon, yes you are correct I have not used GE very often, just had a look at their help and cannot find anything about a curtain view, can you tell me where I go to uncheck the boxes, clicked most of the tabs and nothing mentions curtain.

I did try Ctrl-A it did not select anything so I manually selected all text in the help tab, then did the Ctrl-A and opened OpenOffice Writer and did the Ctrl-C and nothing, I also highlighted all text right clicked and did a copy the to OpenOffice Writer could not do a paste.

Love this program and want it to work at its best, should my scenery in GE look flat ? normal use in GE is in 3d
wombat, I don't want to come across as rude but as Brojon mentioned, you really need to invest some time in Google Earth outside of using it with this app. There are many basic video tutorials on youtube for instance. There really isn't a straight-forward place to tell you to start other than finding some basic tutorials and learning as you go and you pick up things that make sense when you try to use Virtual Litchi Mission. I think you will just frustrate youself if you try to use VLM without having a basic GE foundation understanding.

Reactions: Hauptmann

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard