DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Finally got installed on Win 10. Lots of problems with my C++ install but got it straightened out. (Install will not complete without C++ update first)

It ran fine on last win 10 update but the latest win update messed it up.
I found the troubleshooter on a right click to the exe file.

It wanted me to change compatibility setting to win 8.
All good now.

I am so impressed with what this SW can do to improve my drone flights. A friend demonstrated it to me, so I went how and downloaded V2.2.0 onto my PC running Windows 10. When it opened it, however, the map image only filled less than one-quarter of the 4K resolution screen.

I expect that I am doing something wrong in how I have installed it or perhaps the settings. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!upload_2018-8-3_16-48-51.png

I am so impressed with what this SW can do to improve my drone flights. A friend demonstrated it to me, so I went how and downloaded V2.2.0 onto my PC running Windows 10. When it opened it, however, the map image only filled less than one-quarter of the 4K resolution screen.

I expect that I am doing something wrong in how I have installed it or perhaps the settings. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!View attachment 43146
Hi Joe,

If you look back through this thread you will find that this question has been asked several times already.

The issue is related to the resolution of your screen - perhaps it's a 4k screen? Please see post #365 for details.

Thanks

N

Running into a plethora of issues Win10. Using Windows10 via Parallels. Tried running in compatibility mode (all Windows versions) and still no luck. Getting the .Net framework error even though the latest .net is installed. Tried installing and registering cefsharp.core.dll manually and still no luck. Any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks in advance.

01.PNG 02.PNG 03.PNG 04.PNG

Now that I have my Win 10 running Virtual Litchi and can save missions to be viewed on Goggle Earth I tried to see the saved missions on my iPhone 6. Unfortunately, the only missions that come up are those that I saved from within the phone app. My guess is that the app has no clue that this is the same account inasmuch it never asks for a login. I see no place in the Litchi app on my iPhone to log out and log back in. Any insights would be appreciated.

Now that I have my Win 10 running Virtual Litchi and can save missions to be viewed on Goggle Earth I tried to see the saved missions on my iPhone 6. Unfortunately, the only missions that come up are those that I saved from within the phone app. My guess is that the app has no clue that this is the same account inasmuch it never asks for a login. I see no place in the Litchi app on my iPhone to log out and log back in. Any insights would be appreciated.

I don't have an iphone and so can't give a definitive answer. However, on android the login button is to the right of the flight modes (where you go to enter waypoint mode).

Look there first. If you still can't find it then I'm sure some friendly iphone user can help you.

N

Running into a plethora of issues Win10. Using Windows10 via Parallels. Tried running in compatibility mode (all Windows versions) and still no luck. Getting the .Net framework error even though the latest .net is installed. Tried installing and registering cefsharp.core.dll manually and still no luck. Any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 43165 View attachment 43166 View attachment 43167 View attachment 43168

Sorry - can't help you directly because I don't have a Mac. However there are several folks on this thread that have reported success running VLM using Parallels.

See for example posts #227, #228, #425.

You could try sending a PM to those users and ask for help?

N

I don't have an iphone and so can't give a definitive answer. However, on android the login button is to the right of the flight modes (where you go to enter waypoint mode).

Look there first. If you still can't find it then I'm sure some friendly iphone user can help you.

N
Strangely there are buttons on the Android phone app that do not appear on my iPhone app. The waypoints, focus, etc are a pull down menu, whereas for Android they are all there with login/logout at the extreme right. I can find no such button on my iPhone app. I expect somebody covered this in this long string, but I cannot seem to find it.

This is probably heresy, but I have Litchi running very nicely on an older Litchi release and an older release of MP firmware, and don't plan to update anything. No Litchi updates. No MP firmware updates. No iOS updates on the iPad mini-4. No VLM updates. Wish I didn't get forced to update Windows 10. Sitting tight until something stops working.

Enjoyed the video Namirda. Your stuff is always educational. Thanks again for VLM............. Bob R.

Sorry - can't help you directly because I don't have a Mac. However there are several folks on this thread that have reported success running VLM using Parallels.

See for example posts #227, #228, #425.

You could try sending a PM to those users and ask for help?

N

I understand tha but I’ve seen people report this error on straight Windows Machine so I’m asking what’s the fix for app not launching correctly. I doubt it has anything to do with it being a virtual machine.

I understand tha but I’ve seen people report this error on straight Windows Machine so I’m asking what’s the fix for app not launching correctly. I doubt it has anything to do with it being a virtual machine.

You're right - there was one guy in post #432 who reported a problem with CEFsharp.core.dll not being installed properly - I don't think he persevered long enough to sort it out.

The dll should have been installed by the VLM installer in the same folder as the executable but one of your screenshots shows that it is missing. I suggest you try again:

1) uninstall VLM
2) delete the folder c:/program files/Namirda
3) delete the folder c:/users/<your name>/appdata/local/Namirda
4) reinstall - and watch carefully for any error messages during installation. It could be a permissions problem or perhaps your AV is blocking installation of that file.

Hope that helps - if not then sorry but I'm out of ideas.

N

Running Win10 Pro x64 with dual monitors ... when running VLM v2.2.0 it appears to run fine with an icon appearing on my taskbar, but I cannot find or actually open the VLM window anywhere on either monitor. I tried clearing the contents of %appdata%/Namirda. I've tried reinstalling. It worked earlier, just not now. Any help?

Attachments

• Litchi problem.jpg
    Litchi problem.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 19
Running Win10 Pro x64 with dual monitors ... when running VLM v2.2.0 it appears to run fine with an icon appearing on my taskbar, but I cannot find or actually open the VLM window anywhere on either monitor. I tried clearing the contents of %appdata%/Namirda. I've tried reinstalling. It worked earlier, just not now. Any help?
Hi,

Sorry for the problem - a few people have reported this same issue but I have not been able to trace/solve it.

Please try starting VLM while pressing CTRL - you will be given an option to reset to initial conditions.

I think that should fix it.

N

Hi,

Sorry for the problem - a few people have reported this same issue but I have not been able to trace/solve it.

Please try starting VLM while pressing CTRL - you will be given an option to reset to initial conditions.

I think that should fix it.

N
Thank you. I so very much appreciate your quick reply! You're absolutely very kind, extremely talented (love your app and in fact was teaching a mini-drone class locally with it at one point!)

I should have mentioned that I tried CTRL click. To launch VLM I go to C:\Program Files\Namirda\Virtual Litchi Mission V2.2.0\ and click on VLM 2.2.0 x64. I hear the familiar DJI startup chime, and VLM appears to launch. There's a VLM icon on my taskbar showing the app is running. And I can even hover my mouse over the icon to see that the app is running because a mini version of the running app is shown just above my taskbar (previously screen capture). But if I slightly raise my mouse from the taskbar to the mini VLM icon (as you would any other Windows apps), the VLM app is nowhere to be found. I right click the icon from the taskbar to end VLM normally.

I did try holding down CTRL while clicking VLM 2.2.0 x64 in that directory but no luck. It doesn't launch, nothing happens. Without the CTRL the VLM app launches, I just can't see or find the window in which to use it!.

Yes, I've seen others have the problem. But I haven't found a good answer. If there is ANYTHING at all I can do to help you see or recreate the problem I would be delighted to help!!

Capture.JPG
Thank you. I so very much appreciate your quick reply! You're absolutely very kind, extremely talented (love your app and in fact was teaching a mini-drone class locally with it at one point!)

I should have mentioned that I tried CTRL click. To launch VLM I go to C:\Program Files\Namirda\Virtual Litchi Mission V2.2.0\ and click on VLM 2.2.0 x64. I hear the familiar DJI startup chime, and VLM appears to launch. There's a VLM icon on my taskbar showing the app is running. And I can even hover my mouse over the icon to see that the app is running because a mini version of the running app is shown just above my taskbar (previously screen capture). But if I slightly raise my mouse from the taskbar to the mini VLM icon (as you would any other Windows apps), the VLM app is nowhere to be found. I right click the icon from the taskbar to end VLM normally.

I did try holding down CTRL while clicking VLM 2.2.0 x64 in that directory but no luck. It doesn't launch, nothing happens. Without the CTRL the VLM app launches, I just can't see or find the window in which to use it!.

Yes, I've seen others have the problem. But I haven't found a good answer. If there is ANYTHING at all I can do to help you see or recreate the problem I would be delighted to help!!

Hi,

When you next try VLM, can you please take a look at task manager and tell me how many VLM processes are running? It should look like the screenshot attached.

Also, can you take a look at any Administrative Events in your Windows Event Viewer which might relate to VLM.

Thanks

Last edited:
View attachment 43659

Hi,

When you next try VLM, can you please take a look at task manager and tell me how many VLM processes are running? It should look like the screenshot attached.

Also, can you take a look at any Administrative Events in your Windows Event Viewer which might relate to VLM.

Thanks

You're very kind to help - thank you!

Steps taken:

1. Fresh reboot

2. Start both Windows Task Manager and Windows Event Viewer

3. Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Namirda\Virtual Litchi Mission V2.2.0

4. Launch VLM by double-clicking VLM 2.2.0 x64

5. VLM launches with familiar DJI chime. Appears on the taskbar. To hover my mouse over VLM on the taskbar shows that it is running. But I am unable to see or open any VLM window.

6. VLM in the Task Manager is attached.

7. As to Windows Event Viewer there appear to be many references to VLM. Rather than try and copy-paste them all, I’ve attached what I hope is a helpful log of all events under Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application.

Thank you again ... anything at all I can do to help you diagnose the problem I'd happy to help. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Task Manager view following VLM.jpg
    Task Manager view following VLM.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 11
  • All Events following VLM launch.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
You're very kind to help - thank you!

Steps taken:

1. Fresh reboot

2. Start both Windows Task Manager and Windows Event Viewer

3. Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Namirda\Virtual Litchi Mission V2.2.0

4. Launch VLM by double-clicking VLM 2.2.0 x64

5. VLM launches with familiar DJI chime. Appears on the taskbar. To hover my mouse over VLM on the taskbar shows that it is running. But I am unable to see or open any VLM window.

6. VLM in the Task Manager is attached.

7. As to Windows Event Viewer there appear to be many references to VLM. Rather than try and copy-paste them all, I’ve attached what I hope is a helpful log of all events under Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application.

Thank you again ... anything at all I can do to help you diagnose the problem I'd happy to help. Thanks again!

Thanks for that.

Looks like you have been really busy installing and then uninstalling again.....!!

I can see only two errors in the log - on 13th at about 4.11pm when VLM faulted twice with 0x80000003 which is often a memory access violation. I don't have any ideas right now but will think about it some more.

Can you please check that you have both .NET 4.6 and VC++ 15 Update 3 properly installed? These should have been put in place by the VLM installer but I see you had errors during some of your installation attempts and maybe something went wrong there.

It's particularly strange that you had it working for a while - but now it won't run. Something must have changed - can you think what?

N

Thanks for that.

Looks like you have been really busy installing and then uninstalling again.....!!

I can see only two errors in the log - on 13th at about 4.11pm when VLM faulted twice with 0x80000003 which is often a memory access violation. I don't have any ideas right now but will think about it some more.

Can you please check that you have both .NET 4.6 and VC++ 15 Update 3 properly installed? These should have been put in place by the VLM installer but I see you had errors during some of your installation attempts and maybe something went wrong there.

It's particularly strange that you had it working for a while - but now it won't run. Something must have changed - can you think what?

N

Thanks!

The attached might help with .Net and VC++ versions. And yeah, I have been un-/re-installing many times desperate to get it working again. It seems VLM is running. A window manager issue?, the VLM window is just not showing up! I've had this problem at least twice before where I went through a similar exercise of installing new and old VLM versions. But I really don't know what the "magic sauce" is that gets it to work. And searching the forums and the web it seems I am not wholly alone. It isn't something just on my system.

You're welcome to log into my machine if there's a way. It would be nice to get this one solved - you've done such good work!

Cheers!

Attachments

• Versions.jpg
    Versions.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member