DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wanted - third party liability insurance for Switzerland

Robert S

Reactions
I am an Australian resident planning a trip to Switzerland in September and wish to fly my Mavic Pro. I don't hold a commercial licence. The Swiss rules aren't unduly restrictive, but require you to hold third party cover up to sFr1 million, and to be able to provide documentation on request. Does anybody know where I can get this? I've tried fpvuk.org, but they will only cover UK residents, and I've tried IRDA - they are able to provide suitable cover, but you can only purchase cover for an entire year for $265, which seems quite steep.

My travel policy excludes "injury, loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by, through or in connection with, any mechanically propelled vehicle (with the exception of golf buggies and motorised wheelchairs), aircraft or watercraft, when a Covered Person is the owner, driver or pilot thereof", and I assume that remotely piloted aircraft come under this category.

Does anyone know of a suitable policy which will just cover me for my trip?

Just for interest - has anybody made a third party claim for a drone incident?

Hi

In Switzerland, such insurance is usually and extension of our home insurance, give a worldwide coverage and cost us a very low amount. I don't know how much it could cost for a tourist.

The Swiss Federation of Aerial RC models are here (but it is mainly German, some French and Italian but nothing in English :()
Assurance et aéromodélisme

They use this insurance company for their members, seems it is also active for full size aircraft and pilots, email in English should be ok.:

Allianz Suisse
Agence générale Fred Schneider
Länggasse 2a
CH-3601 Thun

Personnes de contact:
Walter et Fred Schneider
Marc Herzig

Tel. +41 (0) 58 357 17 02
Fax +41 (0) 58 357 17 18

E-Mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected]

Web:
www.luftfahrtversicherungen.ch

I have seen this one but no idea how good or costly it is: Verifly

Good luck and welcome in Switzerland.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-7_14-50-9.png
    upload_2018-7-7_14-50-9.png
    773 bytes · Views: 4
  • upload_2018-7-7_14-50-9.png
    upload_2018-7-7_14-50-9.png
    773 bytes · Views: 3
Thanks for the advice. There is not Australian company that covers recreational flyers. I had one quote of >A$700 for commercial flyers. All of the UK/European companies/clubs that I contacted only cover residents of their countries. The only place that appears to provide coverage is IDRA. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with them, or belong to IDRA - before I sign up?

Although it's quite a lot of money, there are other greater expenses incurred on an overseas trip, and I will get cover for future travel :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000