DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Watching Wave Riders

Droffarc

Reactions
The nearest but not necessarily the best option is Strand. Strand is a rather average (at best) beach-break set-up, conveniently only 22 kilometres from Stellenbosch. It works best in wind-still conditions, but it you’re not too fussy it can still be fun in anything from light to moderate winds. The prevailing summer South Easter is onshore to cross onshore and the winter North Wester is more cross-shore than off. The main break at Strand is located on the Western edge of the beach-front and is known as Pipe. Its name is taken from a rather unfortunate waste water pipeline rather than the form of the wave itself. At its best Strand Pipe can be punchy and fun with lefts and rights running across the sand-bars. The Pipe works best when the swell is in the three meter range, but when the swell crests four to four and a half meters the outside banks begin to play havoc with the lines, reducing the spot to a mushy mess.

Shot with DJI Mini2

Nice video. The music fits the surfer style. I would like to see the surfers closer up and more shots looking at the wave front and not behind. The waves look clean from the back.

Nice video. The music fits the surfer style. I would like to see the surfers closer up and more shots looking at the wave front and not behind. The waves look clean from the back.
Ok, Thanks. I will keep that in mind next time.

More like watching wave watchers. Need an off-shore storm to kick up the waves. Close ups and high speed passes would be nice too.

More like watching wave watchers. Need an off-shore storm to kick up the waves. Close ups and high speed passes would be nice too.
Will chat to mother nature regarding offshore storms ;)
As you describe it it sounds like quite a dramatic scene, but I will leave that kind of thing to those who are better skilled than I.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15