DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We’re not all in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
f you look at your profile. the only part of your location I see (chrome browser PC) is Yorkshire,. so I wouldn't wouldn't know if that is Yorkshire UK or Yorkshire USA... Most English towns have a US counterpart.

In which case all profiles need to show country, particularly the US members, so we know if the place being refered to is the real one or the US one. :)

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Maps? I learnt geography form Hollywood films (especially WW2 films)
Yep nice one, obviously Geography more use than spelling when it comes to drones ; )

Reactions: jagraphics
Yep nice one, obviously Geography more use than spelling when it comes to drones ; )
Tell me about it. I am dyslexic (it nearly killed me once) and working with two keyboards. One MAC and one PC. side by side they are different in layout, and the way they type.

However as the saying goes: I have a superfluous knowledge of geology. I know where are the palces are.
:)

• Haha
Reactions: Badgersurfer
:) Were they throw outs or were they not allowed some of the freedoms they deserved and ready to search for God's countries

Actually it was the opposite of freedoms they sought. They didn't like the idea people had a choice of religions and indeed a choice of Christianity: Roman Catholic or Protestant. Also Europe was coming out of the dark ages in to the Renascence and they did not like all the art, science, philosophy, theater plays, singing and people having a good time. That is why they were called Puritans. They were a bit like the ISIS of their day.

Actually it was the opposite of freedoms they sought. They didn't like the idea people had a choice of religions and indeed a choice of Christianity: Roman Catholic or Protestant. Also Europe was coming out of the dark ages in to the Renascence and they did not like all the art, science, philosophy, theater plays, singing and people having a good time. That is why they were called Puritans. They were a bit like the ISIS of their day.

Brilliant.

The Plymouth Brethren.

Here is Austria for example, anything weighting more than 250gr needs an annual state permit with cost of 300+ EUR.
Beat that!!!
Actually looking forward to the EU framework being implemented, can’t be worse than that.
300+ EUR wow in the UK it's £9 to register as an operator.

For THREE years! So, the cost of a cup of coffee in a decent cafe per year.
100+ EUR for a cup of coffee... don't tell me, you drink Kopi Luwak with frothy Pigeons milk....

• Haha
Reactions: jagraphics
Warped comparison.

Now, I love you folks over the pond. One of my best friends in the world is from California, and I lived in New Hampshire for a while a few years ago. So, this isn’t intended to upset anyone.

Today I’ve seen replies on three completely different threads quoting US/FAA rules and regulations where the OP isn’t even in the US (UK in these instances). In all three posts the OP had either mentioned they were in the UK, or had the UK as their location in their profile.

This forum is made up of people all over the planet. Most people have their location in their profile, or mention where they’re flying.

I'm sure everyone is trying to be helpful, but given the differences in laws, let’s check before we answer? ??

Edited as my original post maybe didn’t read as friendly as I’d like.
Totally! I used to get the same on night-vision forums, and about gun laws. Many times US people would post about this or that being illegal, or that I needed to insist on my constitutional rights (what are they?) either not reading the posts location or assuming US law was the same as International Law. Even within communities though, many make assumptions about laws etc. that are not true, hence you can’t always trust your own countrymen (people is what I mean but it doesn’t sound right!).
If someone posts from their own country about doing something there that I view as illegal in my own, I just point out risks and state I’m in Australia! If they post that they’re in Australia doing something illegal, I just point it out to them politely (of course, extremes to police!).
A good example is there being - apparently- no night-flying laws in Finland. But I bet if someone from the north there posted winter footage (it’s always gloomy!) someone will chip in about FAA and flying at night!
Peoples’ geographic knowledge is often bad in larger and less multicultural countries too. As I found when my Mavic’s LED holders were sent from US to likely Austria instead of Australia- despite the sender labelling correctly! So there’s something else there - check where the post is from AND “where that is!!”. I was caught out yesterday and deleted a post as I realised the town someone talked about was in US not Australia, they were at home - not a tourist!

Reactions: Lastrexking
Reminds me of the pre-internet version of this: My parents were in US at a Uni in the ‘60s. They’d told some people they were from Australia and got the response, “Hey! Australia! Well, you do speak good English!”. I’m sure it’s not just a US thing... But it is relevant to some current internet ‘conversations’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman