DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We’re not all in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - it doesn't do that automatically. You have to have put it into the "Location" field in your "Settings » Account Details".
I didn't know I had been in my settings! When I regstered it asked me where I was...

Someone hasn't read all the comments before posting his ?
It was made quite clear that it was posted in the United Kingdom section in comment #6 above. There's even a link there to check it out.
I have read all the comment and I was making a general statement, OP'S in general not this particular one :p

Reactions: ssvdh66
I totally agree with your post about being aware before you answer with regulations that do not pertain. However I totally disagree with your comment about most people having location in their profile. So many do not and give scant details in posts so it's a guessing game. So it's a two-sided issue. Some don't read before answering and others don't provide enough details to give a valid answer.

I have always thought that it would be a GREAT idea for the forum rules to REQUIRE a location. At the very least, the COUNTRY and STATE because, as you said, there are such a variety of rules and regulations based on location.

Reactions: jagraphics
Here is Austria for example, anything weighting more than 250gr needs an annual state permit with cost of 300+ EUR.
Beat that!!!
Actually looking forward to the EU framework being implemented, can’t be worse than that.
Being a relatively new flyer based in Munich, where regulations are fairly easy, I was looking into the laws for flying in Austria, and seriously couldn't believe it when I read about the cost of the annual permit. Nuts!

I have always thought that it would be a GREAT idea for the forum rules to REQUIRE a location. At the very least, the COUNTRY and STATE because, as you said, there are such a variety of rules and regulations based on location.

They should require a country (anything else optional) That would solve a lot of problems in the forums otherwise I reserve the right to ask "are you local or somewhere overseas like the USA? " :) .

They should require a country (anything else optional) That would solve a lot of problems in the forums otherwise I reserve the right to ask "are you local or somewhere overseas like the USA? " :) .

Just up the Trent from me... I am actually up the Dove (not duff!), but it runs into the Trent.

Reactions: jagraphics
Now, I love you folks over the pond. One of my best friends in the world is from California, and I lived in New Hampshire for a while a few years ago. So, this isn’t intended to upset anyone.

Today I’ve seen replies on three completely different threads quoting US/FAA rules and regulations where the OP isn’t even in the US (UK in these instances). In all three posts the OP had either mentioned they were in the UK, or had the UK as their location in their profile.

This forum is made up of people all over the planet. Most people have their location in their profile, or mention where they’re flying.

I'm sure everyone is trying to be helpful, but given the differences in laws, let’s check before we answer? ??

Edited as my original post maybe didn’t read as friendly as I’d like.

No question it happens. Perhaps the country should/could be included with the User Name or a flag icon of the users country. Something to easily give away where the OP is located. Just a thought.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
UK born and bred here.

This problem is not unique to this forum. Any forum that is international may have more people from the USA than from any other country - hence US centric answers sometimes.

My view is that questions answered here are done with good intent. Readers have a responsibility to realise this is an international forum and the answers may not apply to where they live. Having said that, how different are the USA regs to EU regs? Yes, there are differences but the principles remain the same. You just gotta check what applies where you are.

Frankly, I'm as guilty as anyone for not looking where someone is from!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Now, I love you folks over the pond. One of my best friends in the world is from California, and I lived in New Hampshire for a while a few years ago. So, this isn’t intended to upset anyone.

Today I’ve seen replies on three completely different threads quoting US/FAA rules and regulations where the OP isn’t even in the US (UK in these instances). In all three posts the OP had either mentioned they were in the UK, or had the UK as their location in their profile.

This forum is made up of people all over the planet. Most people have their location in their profile, or mention where they’re flying.

I'm sure everyone is trying to be helpful, but given the differences in laws, let’s check before we answer? ??

Edited as my original post maybe didn’t read as friendly as I’d like.
Well I agree with the fact that most questions get answered and it is not often UK is that relevant. If it is then surely just say UK in the post. There is another problem with what you mention as well. if you look at your profile. the only part of your location I see (chrome browser PC) is Yorkshire,. so I wouldn't wouldn't know if that is Yorkshire UK or Yorkshire USA... Most English towns have a US counterpart. And what about the folk that post in here that aren't even on the same planet... :)

Reactions: pelagic_one
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer