DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you think?

historyman

Reactions
I have a Mini 2 and love it. I am also undertaking the A2 CofC course with UAVHub. I am well aware that the Legacy drone exemption all comes to a halt in December 2022, but I would like to fly something under the 2kgs weight. I have the opportunity of buying a used Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 at a very reasonable price. I accept that the Phantoms are a bit dated now, but I am only really interested in gaining the experience of flying a heavier drone.
I would value your thoughts.

@historyman the Phantoms are great drones the 4 is a much better bet ,downsides are size they are bulky to transport around and batteries are expensive, and they are rather noisy compared to the mavics, and because of their height from the ground they are prone to tipping over if its windy, or the ground is a bit uneven ,but are reasonably safe to hand catch by the long landing legs

I have a Mini 2 and love it. I have the opportunity of buying a used Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 at a very reasonable price. I accept that the Phantoms are a bit dated now, but I am only really interested in gaining the experience of flying a heavier drone.
I would value your thoughts.
I have a Mavic Mini and a Phantom 3 and the big advantage the Phantom has over the Mini is the fact that it is visible farther away. Also, as has already been said, it is really easy to hand catch.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde