DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Video Editing Software Do You Recommend?

Just Started shooting videos with my Mavic and I really like the videos im seeing that you guys are able to produce. I would appreciate it if you guys could recommend what software you guys use and how you learned to edit your videos so well.

you gotta try pinnacle studio. there are all kinds of tutorial on youtube to teach you. what I like about the program is it incorporates a lot of features that would take several other programs to do the same functions. fairly inexpensive if you actually pay for it.

I've used Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and DaVinci Resolve 12. All are great for video editing, but it's all relative. It really depends on what you're looking for and where your target audience is. Is your audience on Youtube, Facebook, or other social media apps?

In my opinion, DaVinci Resolve 12 is awesome for what it can do and for an awesome price...FREE. However, I keep going back to Final Cut Pro...mainly because I've been using it longer than any of the others I've mentioned. And I may be biased because I'm on a Macbook pro.

For all programs/apps I've learned by watching tons of tutorials on Youtube and by attempting to perform all the actions shown in those tutorials.

My suggestion for you is to start with a free editor (iMovie, DJI editor, or DaVinic Resolve 12) and go from there.

I agree that you should start with something free. From what I've learned so far of DaVinci Resolve 12, and I've been using it a lot, it is plenty for most people and the price is right. It does most things very well and quickly, too. For that matter, iMovie is fine for most people and even more simple.

If you think you might get serious with video editing and you're thinking of a hardware upgrade, I would recommend the baddest iMac you can buy. One with a 5K, 27" display, at least a terabyte of SSD (NOT a fusion drive), 32GB or RAM and 4MB video. A lot of people will tell you that's overkill, but it'll be far longer before you need to upgrade. It cost a bunch now, but you'll save money by it not being obsolete in 2 years. And NO, I don't work for Apple. The 5K video will blow you away--not so much at the store, but wherever you work or play with it. Overall performance is indescribable.

Reactions: halley
you gotta try pinnacle studio. there are all kinds of tutorial on youtube to teach you. what I like about the program is it incorporates a lot of features that would take several other programs to do the same functions. fairly inexpensive if you actually pay for it.

Wow...This was one of my first editing programs back in the day. I think it was Pinnacle studio 9. I loved it because it was user friendly and very easy to use and had lots of cool transitions.

Wow...This was one of my first editing programs back in the day. I think it was Pinnacle studio 9. I loved it because it was user friendly and very easy to use and had lots of cool transitions.
Good lord, I didn't even think Pinnacle was around anymore. I first used Pinnacle 10, would have been 11 or 12 years ago.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Fair bit of a learning curve if you are not familiar with it. I found having previous experience with Adobe Photoshop helps to pick it up a little quicker.

How much is that and how hard is it to learn

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Dude. Come on. There is Google. Final Cut Pro X, is an Apple only product and it is about $299. FCPX has a small learning curve and you can be up and running and editing in no time.

Last edited:

pinnacle is up to 20 now and is part of corel

Just to reiterate.. invest with a product that you can "grow" with.. If you're going to spend time learning it and want to do some more advanced editing, then FCP or Adobe products. They are well established and have many 3rd party tools/templates that can make the end product look professional.. Here's my playlist that uses some template to make video a tad different.. Life In Napa - YouTube

Reactions: LakeTravis
DaVinci Resolve is free. Works on Macs and PCs. There is a bit a learning curve though. You could probably become competent with the editing in an afternoon.

I did alot of research on this and not being a Mac guy found that Cyberlink PowerDirector was best for me. I studied the reviews on PCMag. See summary below. Link to reviews: Video Editing - Reviews and Price Comparisons from PC Magazine

I got it on sale for like 59 bucks and I love it. Powerful and fast processing. Tons of youtube videos on how to do special effects, etc. Good luck!
  • VIDEO EDITING

• CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDirector continues to outflank the competition, with top rendering speed, a massive set of video editing tools, the latest file-standard support, and a wealth of new features in its latest update.

I did alot of research on this and not being a Mac guy found that Cyberlink PowerDirector was best for me. I studied the reviews on PCMag. See summary below. Link to reviews: Video Editing - Reviews and Price Comparisons from PC Magazine

I got it on sale for like 59 bucks and I love it. Powerful and fast processing. Tons of youtube videos on how to do special effects, etc. Good luck!
  • VIDEO EDITING

• CyberLink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

PowerDirector continues to outflank the competition, with top rendering speed, a massive set of video editing tools, the latest file-standard support, and a wealth of new features in its latest update.
Looks like it may work for effects and basic editing but not seeing any color correction abilities, do you know if it has that?

You might try Hitfilm 4 Express. It's free and seems to be pretty good, although I'm just a novice and still trying to learn. Lots of good videos on Youtube.

johnf

I'll second the FCPX vote. I'd been poo-pooing on it for years, just on principle. However I re-thought it and am giving the 30 day demo a try (free).
I gots to admit-- WAY better than I expected.
Easy to use, high performance (smooth 4K even on my old system) and forward thinking, it's a refreshing departure from all the Media Composer spin-offs.
For short turnkey videos in paticular , it's slick.

Chalk up another one for Powerdirector 15 here, only been using it for 6 months or so, but found it much more intuitive and user friendly than Premier, with way more options and preference settings. Lots of "how to" youtube videos make learning it a breeze, and the one off price is even more affordable if you find it on a special offer like I did!

Reactions: lookatbowen
That's what I paid for PowerDirector but just buy PD and wait for your email. I got a link for a free copy of color director with the access code email. I don't know it that happens for all purchases but it's worth checking on.

Reactions: bluezdawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22