DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up with the UK price?!

mattleech

Reactions
I saw the $499 price tag for the US, checked the exchange rate and found that equates to £385. I figured that it would be rounded up to £399 but was happy with that and switched to the UK store to buy a Spark for my kids.

Then I saw the UK price and changed my mind.

How can the US price be $499, and the UK price be £519?!

Simply ridiculous.

Reactions: Mr Spock and Pablo
yep they did that with Mavic i am getting my spark ordered from Moscow

US prices don't include sales tax for one. Every state has their own sales tax rate so prices are excluding tax.

Reactions: Johnmcl7
One, possibly two, lost sales here based solely on the price. My kids would have loved one of these each but...well, you know.

Btw, $859/$1199 AUD converts at today's rate to $643/$898 USD, so UK still tops the price rip-off leaderboard so far ;)

USD price by country:
1. UK $673/$906
2. AUS $643/$898
3. USA $499/$699

I saw the $499 price tag for the US, checked the exchange rate and found that equates to £385. I figured that it would be rounded up to £399 but was happy with that and switched to the UK store to buy a Spark for my kids.

Simply ridiculous.

Yep, it's an absolute joke. I don't care what excuses they try to use, we're simply getting ripped off.

VAT is 20%, that's £100 on the £399 and then £20 for *something else*
If you buy from an EU country you won't have to pay additional tax but shipping might wipe out any gain.
Buy from outside EU e.g. USA and the shipping company will have to charge you VAT and there will be additional handling fees so little if any gain.
Even buying from within EU but not UK the hassle factor increases should anything be wrong nder warranty.

If visiting another country or you have relatives there the picture may change but a new item sent as 'gift' from Aunt Emily is not a guaranteed workaround

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Basically without the flymore combo you wont get the full capabilities of the drone, 300 dollars more and you get a Mavic, which is 2x better in my opinion. They really missed the mark on this one. No sport more without the remote, range is shortened, you can't get higher than 130 feet or something like that. Its ridiculous.

Basically without the flymore combo you wont get the full capabilities of the drone, 300 dollars more and you get a Mavic, which is 2x better in my opinion. They really missed the mark on this one. No sport more without the remote, range is shortened, you can't get higher than 130 feet or something like that. Its ridiculous.

So for us UK folk it's:

Spark: £519
Mavic: £1099 (pretty much double)

Spark Fly More combo: £699
Mavic Fly More combo: £1359 (pretty much double)

So the Mavic is twice the price. I'd say Spark has more than half the functionality of the Mavic so it does still represent a good price.

No way I'd want one ahead of the Mavic personally, but if price is an issue I still think it's a good option, especially as a first drone.

Reactions: Kilrah and robbiew
So for us UK folk it's:

Spark: £519
Mavic: £1099 (pretty much double)

Spark Fly More combo: £699
Mavic Fly More combo: £1359 (pretty much double)

So the Mavic is twice the price. I'd say Spark has more than half the functionality of the Mavic so it does still represent a good price.

No way I'd want one ahead of the Mavic personally, but if price is an issue I still think it's a good option, especially as a first drone.
U.K prices suck.

Just for the record u can get mavics for £790 online these days got one on order as i crashed mine in sea last week lol...

Lucky for me i have involvement a travel company works out of Moscow, Thailand and London, So i order mine from either the place that has one or if i am in no hurry the cheapest (normally Thailand).

Then i get someone to fly it over with them when they are coming over (right now i have a macbook and two DSLRs waiting to come over lenses, some extra Mavic batteries and a few other bits).

If you know anyone that fly's over here and they do not mind get them to check out prices and see if they will order u one.

if my friend in America was coming over i would bring in a few but no luck for the Spark.

US prices don't include sales tax for one. Every state has their own sales tax rate so prices are excluding tax.

Yep and the UK prices have to include the 20% VAT, I thought I was being ripped off at first when I bought a drink and some food at a US airport and they all seemed to be charging more than the shelf price.

John

2 Months I will get the refresh package with this one though.
do you have to buy the refresh package with the original purchase, or can it be bought within a certain time frame of the original purchase..

You have 48 hours starting from aircraft activation to add refresh. After that it's still possible but you need to do a whole host of steps to prove you didn't already damage it.
All explained on the store page for Care Refresh.

Reactions: robbiew
You have 48 hours starting from aircraft activation to add refresh. After that it's still possible but you need to do a whole host of steps to prove you didn't already damage it.
All explained on the store page for Care Refresh.
thanks for the info Kilrah..

Simply ridiculous.
VAT is the reason, theres none in much of the US

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute