DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When will someone make an Anti-RID transmission module you can put on your drone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Plate on my car with numbers on it. The Government can gather no more info from that than they can by simply looking at my record.

Wellllllll...... Just a little bit more than that.

From passive sources like building cameras and so forth, they can develop a quite good idea of your car's movements, how long it stays certain places, etc. If they tie you to the car during those periods (pretty easy if you get in and out of it), then they have evidence of where you've been.

It's a routine tool of any LE investigator, and is done all the time.

However, I don't think that was the point you were making. Rather, I think you were pointing out that any such investigation requires significant resources, and LE is not going to open an investigation into Cafguy because... a car was seen driving, legally, with his license plate.

Just like they're not scanning the skies and picking some RID to investigate because the pilot was... legally flying.

🤣🤣

Reactions: Myetkt and Cafguy
If your RID number is read by someone else... Never fear! Your credit Card won't be maxed out and The "Real" owner of Your Home won't be knocking at your door soon. It is simply a number that the Government can use as a Database for your Drone.....IF you break the rules! and only if.

And even more, contrary to assertions made here by off-the-charts paranoid people, the Fed has not secretly installed a massive nationwide system to capture and record all RID data for every drone while in flight.

Hilarious.

The truth is so pathetically lame by comparison: Most LE has no idea what RID is or exists, and it won't come in to play for 99.999% (that's the old IT five nines, folks😁) of the complaints about recreational drone flights.

Very true BUT it does seem like these minor crimes are reported as if they where Major..
Yep - the media never misses a chance to exaggerate, speculate, and / or at the very least up the 'danger factor' for every negative drone-related story they report. Even the BBC, who are normally noted somewhat for their reporting standards report things as fact there later turns out to be zero actual evidence for, most notably the weeks-long 'Invisible Gatwick Drones' incident in the UK a few years ago. If that isn't a prime example of the above I don't know what is. Maybe that other time the BBC reported a pilot 'drone sighting and dangerous near miss' that later turned out to be plastic bag. I've seen other articles where the craft in question was a relatively harmless Mini 2 or something, yet the picture used with it is of some giant intimidating industrial unit, and includes a list of drone rules for an irrelevant class of UAVs !

I have a Plate on my car with numbers on it. The Government can gather no more info from that than they can by simply looking at my record. Why would they want too! They have enough on their hands with all those kids and their Rock and Roll. As long as I'm not plowing thru the parade OR pulling a bender with the help of my car Why worry that I have a number on it? If your RID number is read by someone else... Never fear! Your credit Card won't be maxed out and The "Real" owner of Your Home won't be knocking at your door soon. It is simply a number that the Government can use as a Database for your Drone.....IF you break the rules! and only if.
I guess some people are private that way. I'm semi ok with RID today, I think about it sometimes when I'm flying in certain places but I don't hate it; I'm just concerned that it might one day turn into a thing (as it always seems to). If the car license plate is so unimportant, why it is such a "big deal" if you get caught without a plate driving on the road? I bet if the car license plate turned into a semi-tracker and the public could read into it, I bet a lot more people would freak out. As of today, it's just a number on a plate. But try walking into the police/employee parking lot and start writing down plate numbers on a sheet of paper and tell me if it's still "no big deal." People are just weird that way.

And even more, contrary to assertions made here by off-the-charts paranoid people, the Fed has not secretly installed a massive nationwide system to capture and record all RID data for every drone while in flight.

Hilarious.

The truth is so pathetically lame by comparison: Most LE has no idea what RID is or exists, and it won't come in to play for 99.999% (that's the old IT five nines, folks😁) of the complaints about recreational drone flights.
Not today they aren't. Would you support a bill that prohibits for the next 100 years the installation, capture, and collection of such data by law enforcement in an way shape or form or variation and it's a felony if you attempt to or figure out a way to cheat the system or abuse the process?

I'd be totally fine with RID if only law enforcement could find the pilot during the flight. But allowing the general public to have that information in real time is well out of order.

That's laughable. The USA is no more the land of the free than many other countries.
This country is free; however, I agree with you we are infiltrated with a whole lot of people that have forgotten what makes this country so great. There are people in America who no longer believe in the Constitution and are dishonest and selfish and apparently are doing the best they can to make us more like "many other countries." And it makes the situation appear to be a bad situation; but America is free, no doubt about it. Everyone should want less FAA control over drones; not more.

Another fear of a problem that doesn't exist. List three caseswhere minor drone regulation violations have been treated as major crimes.
When I say "major crimes" I mean the possibility of arrest and heavy fines. If you rob a bank, they list the maximum amount of time you'll get (with some exceptions). In many states, law enforcement is prohibited from taking you into custody for certain traffic violations. If you fly your drone at 450ft AGL, why can't they prohibit arrest and set the maximum fine to $200 if there is no high risk situation or collision, for example? What is the penalty if I swing my golf club at the city park (where it is posted no golfing) and I send a golf ball over the 4 lane highway and it lands in someone's yard?

Just so you know, none of this a big problem today; tomorrow it will be, for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Myetkt
I'd be totally fine with RID if only law enforcement could find the pilot during the flight. But allowing the general public to have that information in real time is well out of order.
Unless you are wearing a ghillie suit or something, if you are flying legally within line of sight it’s likely that people who can see your drone can also see you as well.

I guess some people are private that way. I'm semi ok with RID today, I think about it sometimes when I'm flying in certain places but I don't hate it; I'm just concerned that it might one day turn into a thing (as it always seems to). If the car license plate is so unimportant, why it is such a "big deal" if you get caught without a plate driving on the road? I bet if the car license plate turned into a semi-tracker and the public could read into it, I bet a lot more people would freak out. As of today, it's just a number on a plate. But try walking into the police/employee parking lot and start writing down plate numbers on a sheet of paper and tell me if it's still "no big deal." People are just weird that way.
If the Government had the ability or the money to somehow watch the skies in the cities of the U.S. I might have a problem with that for sure. but honestly as for us Recreational pilots Nothing really changed (except a promise we made to the gov to use RID lol)
RID is Really a tariff on commercial Drone Pilots and their Companies.
AND Of course.
R.I.D. is simply the Start of a more restrictive America for the Drone Business owner and Drone Hobbyist.
In the near future I can see Rules put in place that will change many things. some of them will be:
Non part 107 Drone owners who own a Drone over the 250g limit will only be able to fly these Drones in certain places. Kinda like us RC Airplane guys have to do with our "Big" Stuff.
Part 107 Pilots face LOTS more Paperwork and most likely more "Fees".
Recreational Drone pilots will eventually start to see their spots for "Urban" Flying Vanish through local laws and complete Dis-information. Heck, on this Forum alone we have seen visitors ask questions such as Can it see in the dark with night vision? or thru Objects (somehow)!!
Its a Video Camera strapped to 4 motors with some props. and it only cost a grand !!! NOT an MQ-9 Reaper.

• Love
Reactions: mavic3usa
That's laughable. The USA is no more the land of the free than many other countries.
I would agree with that.
If that is the case, then why do we have an immigration problem caused by so many people trying to enter the US to live here?.....it might not be perfect.........but it does offer more than ANY other place in the world...freedom here is unmatched any where in the world

I can't believe some of the things I read here. If you want to fly illegally, just fly a drone that doesn't have RID. But good luck!

Reactions: Myetkt
If that is the case, then why do we have an immigration problem caused by so many people trying to enter the US to live here?
That's simple.
Many inhabitants of neighbouring countries want to escape the desperate poverty, crime and corruption of their countries and see your country as a land of opportunity.
.but it does offer more than ANY other place in the world...freedom here is unmatched any where in the world
Unmatched anywhere in the world ??
You need to broaden your horizons, get out and see more of the world.
Many countries have at least as much freedom and quite a few have significantly more.

When I say "major crimes" I mean the possibility of arrest and heavy fines. If you rob a bank, they list the maximum amount of time you'll get (with some exceptions). In many states, law enforcement is prohibited from taking you into custody for certain traffic violations. If you fly your drone at 450ft AGL, why can't they prohibit arrest and set the maximum fine to $200 if there is no high risk situation or collision, for example? What is the penalty if I swing my golf club at the city park (where it is posted no golfing) and I send a golf ball over the 4 lane highway and it lands in someone's yard?

No one has ever been arrested for flying their drone at 450' AGL.

Just so you know, none of this a big problem today; tomorrow it will be, for sure.

Yep, it's just as certain as the wave of crimes against drone operators made possible by RID.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot and Myetkt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr