DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you buy yours?

Pleased to hear you got your mpp just ordered one from them and was getting a bit worried after seeing all the bad reviews. I have had a batt for a phantom 3 before with no problems just a long time to delivery

Let me know how you get on with Toby deals, I'm close to ordering a spark from them but want to see how it goes for you and how long it takes to turn up

Reactions: Kenny.j
Let me know how you get on with Toby deals, I'm close to ordering a spark from them but want to see how it goes for you and how long it takes to turn up
Hi I ordered on 28 march got email straight away confirming order then next day email saying order being picked,then about 2 days later another email item despatched with tracking no. But then no movement on tracking no for 5 days so i was starting to panic a little to say the least. Today i checked tracking again and its out for delivery tomorrow so should have it

Hi I ordered on 28 march got email straight away confirming order then next day email saying order being picked,then about 2 days later another email item despatched with tracking no. But then no movement on tracking no for 5 days so i was starting to panic a little to say the least. Today i checked tracking again and its out for delivery tomorrow so should have it

So about a 12 day delivery turn around? how does it fly? and have you registered it with DJI for a warranty?

Have you had to use either the retailer or DJI for after sales help or service?

About to buy so wondering how to trade off the cheapest prices vs the best customer service.

Cheapest seems to be grey import from eglobal at circa £1,000 after cashback (TopCashback). A quick google and look on TrustPilot means you need to have a strong constitution to order from them.

I see lots have used Digital Rev, still a grey import but looks like they are reliable and decent customer service. Currently they have Fly More at £1250 less £40 ish via TopCashback.

Then there are the UK based options like Maplin who would be £1300 after TopCashback.

All views welcome and much appreciated. Someone is about to get an order.
HI,dont know if this will help,but there is a uk company called drone gateway,who are selling the mavic pro platinum flymore combo for £850 :):) almost forgot,here is the link,i hope Dji Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo

Last edited:
I ordered a Mavic air combo from Toby Deals last Thursday (5th April) it arrived today (12th) at lunch time via DPD. Fully factory sealed EU model, I even got 20 quid off by googling for a discount code.

All three batteries are currently on charge and hoping for a short flight later tonight after any firmware updates etc.

Was a bit anxious but felt the discount was worth the risk, especially as Paypal are pretty buyer secure. The tracking info provided was idle since Monday but sprang to life yesterday. Feels like Christmas!

Had lots of Tamiya cars over the years but this is the first item I've owned that leaves the ground! Lurker for a while hoping to add something to this community. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8752.JPG
    IMG_8752.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
So about a 12 day delivery turn around? how does it fly? and have you registered it with DJI for a warranty?

Has a uk plug not adapter says uk on serial no sticker on box. Charged and updated only had a little test high wind at the moment but all seems well. Not sure how to check on warranty

I bought two Mavic Pros, both imported from China. One was from Tomtop, good service, delivered within 7 days by UPS and no taxes - Fly more combo for £780. The other was from Banggood, good service, delivered within 7 days by DHL and paid £3 in taxes - Mavic Pro only at £640. Both ordered late last year when there were deals on.

I ordered a Mavic Air flymore kit from Toby’s Deals today. £701.99 with a discount voucher for £9 off bringing it down to £692.99! Now that’s a cracking deal, don’t you think? Just waiting anxiously now for delivery. I’ve already had several e-mails ackowlegeing the order and then confirming psssed to packaging. Like others I used PayPal due to the added protection they offer. Can’t wait for it to turn up now :D:D

Have you had to use either the retailer or DJI for after sales help or service?

About to buy so wondering how to trade off the cheapest prices vs the best customer service.

Cheapest seems to be grey import from eglobal at circa £1,000 after cashback (TopCashback). A quick google and look on TrustPilot means you need to have a strong constitution to order from them.

I see lots have used Digital Rev, still a grey import but looks like they are reliable and decent customer service. Currently they have Fly More at £1250 less £40 ish via TopCashback.

Then there are the UK based options like Maplin who would be £1300 after TopCashback.

All views welcome and much appreciated. Someone is about to get an order.

Ive just bought mine, Mavic Pro Combo through John Lewis/ Waitrose click and collect. I honestly didn't expect them to stock it but they've been so good with my electrical products that I thought I'd see if they did just as I was on the verge of buying through Amazon. Its a good price and if it has issues within two years they'll replace it. Soon as I saw they stocked it, that was it, I was buying through them.

Had an expensive TV. Microswitch went on it within two years, and they just replaced it. Also had a kettle fail to switch off within two years too, and they replaced that no questions asked. John Lewis are always my first choice for these expensive items, cameras, I pads, and yup: MPs.

I ordered a Mavic Air flymore kit from Toby’s Deals today. £701.99 with a discount voucher for £9 off bringing it down to £692.99! Now that’s a cracking deal, don’t you think? Just waiting anxiously now for delivery. I’ve already had several e-mails ackowlegeing the order and then confirming psssed to packaging. Like others I used PayPal due to the added protection they offer. Can’t wait for it to turn up now :D:D

Editing this bit in. I see some here have been fine with them and if you are great because it's a great deal, I too looked at it but Im very wary of imports because of people I know who have had bad experiences with customs. To me, it's a bit of a risk, but I view it as taking a risk with £700 and didn't want to take it. To me it's like gambling £700. Rest is what I originally wrote.

Be warned, they're based in Hong Kong and ship from Hong Kong to my knowledge and the problem with that is, it'll go through customs who are likely to not only x Ray it, but could well open it. They are highly likely to retain it too and demand 20% VAT, adding £140 odd. Now you might be lucky, and get away with it but if you can, I'd cancel and buy the combo from John Lewis / Waitrose click and collect. Get a two year guarantee with it and the combo for less than a grand, 900 odd quid. I collected mine last Sunday, :)

Last edited:
I bought mine online from John Lewis, and collected it the next day from my local Waitrose. (My local Aldi where I usually shop don't sell DJI drones [emoji52] )

There was no discount, but they do give an extended no-quibble guarantee, and for big-ticket items, this is worth more than any discount I'm ever likely to get.

Me too. For all these big ticket items I too use John Lewis click and collect because of that guarantee that only recently saw me get a TV replaced. Switch failed and wouldn't switch on. Replaced just like that. Did I expect JL to stock them? You must be joking but it was worth checking. Couldn't believe it when I saw they did. They did call me to do a security check mind you. Don't buy big ticket items from them that often :)

I bought my Mavic Pro at Bestbuy for $899 eith a promotion that came with an extra battery, $100 giftcard and $25 shutterfly credit. I used the giftcard to buy another battery (came eith another $25 shutterfly) and some polar pro filters (also came with shutterfly credit). So all in all i basically got everything i needed from the flymore combo for what i paid.

Ive just bought mine, Mavic Pro Combo through John Lewis/ Waitrose click and collect. I honestly didn't expect them to stock it but they've been so good with my electrical products that I thought I'd see if they did just as I was on the verge of buying through Amazon. Its a good price and if it has issues within two years they'll replace it. Soon as I saw they stocked it, that was it, I was buying through them.

Had an expensive TV. Microswitch went on it within two years, and they just replaced it. Also had a kettle fail to switch off within two years too, and they replaced that no questions asked. John Lewis are always my first choice for these expensive items, cameras, I pads, and yup: MPs.

JL is a good place to buy because of their guarantee but they hardly ever have good deals on drones.

Found a video on YouTube last year of a guy buying his Mavic Pro from JL. The drone looked like ot had been used
Think he got an instant replacement though.

Editing this bit in. I see some here have been fine with them and if you are great because it's a great deal, I too looked at it but Im very wary of imports because of people I know who have had bad experiences with customs. To me, it's a bit of a risk, but I view it as taking a risk with £700 and didn't want to take it. To me it's like gambling £700. Rest is what I originally wrote.

Be warned, they're based in Hong Kong and ship from Hong Kong to my knowledge and the problem with that is, it'll go through customs who are likely to not only x Ray it, but could well open it. They are highly likely to retain it too and demand 20% VAT, adding £140 odd. Now you might be lucky, and get away with it but if you can, I'd cancel and buy the combo from John Lewis / Waitrose click and collect. Get a two year guarantee with it and the combo for less than a grand, 900 odd quid. I collected mine last Sunday, :)
I know what your saying but to me £250 is worth saving, it’s the difference between buying it and not. I too was worried about the import tax etc but Toby’s Deals state in their t’s & c’s that the price advertised is the price you pay, they deal with all import duties and taxes on your behalf.

I guess I’ll find out soon enough as according to the “My DPD” app it’s getting delivered today! :D
Actually the price I paid was even less - the exchange rate must have been in my favour £687.97 so provided there are no last minute hiccups I’ll have saved £261.03!!

I bought my Mavic Air Fly more combo when I was in the UAE online from Souq.com which is run by Amazon. It cost 3899AED, at the time of purchase worked out at around £760 which is cheaper than the stand alone.View attachment 36452

I know what your saying but to me £250 is worth saving, it’s the difference between buying it and not. I too was worried about the import tax etc but Toby’s Deals state in their t’s & c’s that the price advertised is the price you pay, they deal with all import duties and taxes on your behalf.

I guess I’ll find out soon enough as according to the “My DPD” app it’s getting delivered today! :D
Actually the price I paid was even less - the exchange rate must have been in my favour £687.97 so provided there are no last minute hiccups I’ll have saved £261.03!!

I agree. £260 is no small sum of money, especially when the next thing might be you want an cellular ipad 4 for it as well, ( as I've decided to ALSO purchase), plus filters, a landing pad, few other bits and pieces and before I know where I am I'm pushing two grand with a grand to fork out on a holiday as well. No, seriously, hope it's fine. Might use them myself yet. I just heard some years a go of people having customs advise them that they were with holding from them until payment of VAT, and damaging parcels and some deals weren't proving as good as they looked. For me, John Lewis give me piece of mind for two years and for the drone, that's agreeable with me. The cellular mini pad though, there I could go elsewhere and might take a look at them cause it sure is pricey here. Have fun with it.

I had a nightmare with DigitalRev a few years ago. Ordered a camera, was promised it by a certain date. Failed to arrive, Terrible customer service.
Would never use again.

I had a nightmare with DigitalRev a few years ago. Ordered a camera, was promised it by a certain date. Failed to arrive, Terrible customer service.
Would never use again.

Yeah, there's good and bad everywhere. I used to buy loads from the channel islands, and service was great. Alas word got around and I think it was Gordon Brown put a stop to that. I do though think there is a risk buying abroad. Most blame the retailer but really its customs and couriers and the retailer doesn't always want to know once they've posted it. That's there bit done, after that it's your problem and that's why I'm not keen on it. To me it is a gamble and with hundreds of pounds. Great if you win, not great if you dont

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser