DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Made Your Mavic Battery?

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Reactions
I'm wondering if there's any correlation between the sub-contractor who made the battery and incidences of swelling or in-flight separation. The battery manufacturer can be found printed at the bottom of the battery label.

My manufacturer was Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited. Go4 says both batteries were made in Nov 2018.

I'm wondering if there's any correlation between the sub-contractor who made the battery and incidences of swelling or in-flight separation. The battery manufacturer can be found printed at the bottom of the battery label.

My manufacturer was Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited. Go4 says both batteries were made in Nov 2018.
5 batteries, over one year old, same manufacturer... Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited. No swelling, no failures.

like wise mine are all the same DAT Limited x5 plus the 3 in my friends Flymore pack no issues with mine at all

Checked my Spark batts last night after reading other thread on the forum, they are Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited.
As I’m 2000+km away from the M1P until next month, I’ll check them when I return, but suspect they will be same manufacturer.

I too wondered if the other maker (Sunwoda) only makes Air batteries, or if DJI needed a second supplier for supply logistics (keep up with demand) or not have all the battery needs ‘in one basket).

Reactions: JAW
I have three batteries (MA), two are made by Sunwoda Electronics and one is from Dongguan Amperex. Compared to the one battery I have from Dongguan Amperex, the two by Sunwoda are not doing so great. They both deliver 1 - 2 minutes less flight time and are showing cell voltage deviations of between 0.5 - 0.7v. No swelling yet. The Dongguan Amperex battery is the one I choose for longer flights and over water flights now because I trust it more.

I have two batteries (for the Mavic Pro) made by Sunwoda Electronics that are about 15 months old. I have not experienced any problems and there is no swelling - I am very careful in regard to storing them with about 50% charge and also keeping them in a cool, dry location.

I have 4 batteries for my MPP, all made by DAT, January 2018. All have 110 charge cycles. Bought new June 2018.
Always stored inside with two solid and one blinking charge indicator lights. No swelling and 0.0 volt difference between cells. I set 3 days for auto-discharge, but don’t rely on it. I always manually discharge or charge to storage level.

I am gonna look at mine. I have six almost all the same time of manufacture. There must be quality issues as two have swelled. Will post stats on the swelled ones. Thanks for bringing this to everyone’s attention. Subcontractor quality can be a serious problem especially concerning LIPO batteries.
M2

I have two batteries (for the Mavic Pro) made by Sunwoda Electronics that are about 15 months old. I have not experienced any problems and there is no swelling - I am very careful in regard to storing them with about 50% charge and also keeping them in a cool, dry location.
Likewise I sore my MP1 batteries at around 30% for the last 4 years and they remain in peak condition.

The four Mavic Pro batteries I had that all swelled were by Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited.

The four NEW Mavic Pro batteries I have now are fine, also by Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited. The difference is I no longer store them charged in the back of my car, where it gets to be 130-170 degrees in the car here.

I never leave a battery fully charged over night, I recharge to 50% after an hour of cooling. 4 batteries have just over 100 charges, No swelling or puffing, I have noticed about 1-2 minutes shorter on flight time. Other than that, they feel just as powerful from new.
But I am very **** about discharging if I don't use one on a shoot, I will fly it down to 50ish% then pack away.
And always use a fan whenever connected to pc for firmware updates, etc.

Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited the manufacturer of my batteries.
47 charge cycles each, in 70 days ...
In perfect condition, with balanced cells.
I have the download scheduled from the third day. Or I download it manually using the "fly more" accessory to use as a power bank.
I tend to take good care of them since I work professionally with the M2P.
It is not worth risking the drone for a bad battery.

FYI... Here's the status of capacity as a function of total energy used for my 5 batteries. You can see that it drops the more you use it. My #2 battery has the greatest cell imbalance, so I tend not to use it except for calibration and very short, low level flights. #5 is the last one purchased.

Data derived from summation of all flight records since purchased in August, 2018.
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 5.44.29 PM.png

FYI... Here's the status of capacity as a function of total energy used for my 5 batteries. You can see that it drops the more you use it. My #2 battery has the greatest cell imbalance, so I tend not to use it except for calibration and very short, low level flights. #5 is the last one purchased.

Data derived from summation of all flight records since purchased in August, 2018.
View attachment 84084
Who made your batteries and when were they made?
Thanks

I have 4 batteries for my MPP, all made by DAT, January 2018. All have 110 charge cycles. Bought new June 2018.
Always stored inside with two solid and one blinking charge indicator lights. No swelling and 0.0 volt difference between cells. I set 3 days for auto-discharge, but don’t rely on it. I always manually discharge or charge to storage level.
How do you manually discharge a battery?

View attachment 84084
See post #2. I was reacting to a previous comment regarding batteries that seem “in good health.” They are in good health except when you look deeper into the data you can observe a natural decline, and in my case, a battery that has a sudden cell deviation.
Your original post attempting to find a correlation between manufacturers and battery longevity is a good idea. My approach has been to use usage data to monitor health, and perhaps predict failure. It’s not perfect but it helps.

How do you manually discharge a battery?

Manually discharge by:
1) Flying to storage level or below
2) Using USB power adapter to charge a device, or two
3) Aircraft powered on while downloading pictures and video
4) Turn on battery out of aircraft; the slowest method.

If discharged lower than desired storage level, recharge. Two solid
green and one blinking is what I use for storage.

Manually discharge by:
1) Flying to storage level or below
2) Using USB power adapter to charge a device, or two
3) Aircraft powered on while downloading pictures and video
4) Turn on battery out of aircraft; the slowest method.

If discharged lower than desired storage level, recharge. Two solid
green and one blinking is what I use for storage.
Thanks for the info Magilla Gorrilla, Fly happy, fly safe.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I have 5 batteries, all made by Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited and all bought in January 2016 along with my MP.
No swelling on any of them
:) Thumbswayup

How do I set the program the charging hub to charge only to desired storage capacity? Is there a way to do this for the M. Air?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002