DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why can't I get rid of that black box warning by pressing "yes?"

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Today I was driving along a very rural country road in the middle ofMontana, and I wanted to film the autumn harvest of hay bundles in a huge field. I was nearing the town of Big Timber, Montana, just east of Livingston, MT. So I am super excited to get my bird up in the air and do a low sweep (32 feet) over the picturesque bales of harvested hay when my screen displays a huge black box covering 40% of my iPad screen view with a warning that I am in an area near an airport (no tower-tiny town), and "do I understand and accept responsibility?...." I hit "yes" but the black box warning does not go away. I hit "yes" over and over with same result. So I took off and flew my route, only being able to see the perimeter of my field of view on the iPad screen. The flight went uneventful ( I was only 32 feet high the entire time). Really aggravated me that I hit the yes, accept button with no result from such dinky little airfield. Why couldn't I make that black dialoguer box disappear?

Likely a glitch if you found and hit the tiny accept box.

Did you try a restart (before taking off) to fix it?

Becasue there are a checkbox or 2 you have to tick next to the "I agree" sentences before you can dismiss the box.

Reactions: Bill combs
Yes. The checkboxes are usually a light purple or blue in color and basically invisible when not in a dark closet! Love those dji graphic gurus...
Not

Yes. The checkboxes are usually a light purple or blue in color and basically invisible when not in a dark closet! Love those dji graphic gurus...
Not
Well, I did have lots of glare and reflection on the iPad screen but I looked like crazy for any little colored boxes to check and didn't find them. I did not re-start since I was trying to capture a running herd of pronghorn antelope grazing in the golden hour sunlight in a cornfield. They ran totally out of sight by the time I got the bird in the air and had to extrapolate their position in the black box. When I got home and put the images on the computer they weren't in the video unfortunately. Too much time taken up by trying to escape the darned black box.

Today I was driving along a very rural country road in the middle ofMontana, and I wanted to film the autumn harvest of hay bundles in a huge field. I was nearing the town of Big Timber, Montana, just east of Livingston, MT. So I am super excited to get my bird up in the air and do a low sweep (32 feet) over the picturesque bales of harvested hay when my screen displays a huge black box covering 40% of my iPad screen view with a warning that I am in an area near an airport (no tower-tiny town), and "do I understand and accept responsibility?...." I hit "yes" but the black box warning does not go away. I hit "yes" over and over with same result. So I took off and flew my route, only being able to see the perimeter of my field of view on the iPad screen. The flight went uneventful ( I was only 32 feet high the entire time). Really aggravated me that I hit the yes, accept button with no result from such dinky little airfield. Why couldn't I make that black dialoguer box disappear?
You have to press the little circle then a check mark appears then press the I accept full responsibility

You have to press the little circle then a check mark appears then press the I accept full responsibility
Oops! My bad! I was able to see my screen and here is a photo! Yes, indeed there is a tiny blue circle to the right that I completely missed! see attachedscreenshot.jpg

yes- I see it now that I am back home and able to see the screen better without glare. Thanks all for your help.

I just had to figure that out today on my own,couldn't see the check box until I brought it back down walked over in the shade. Video I shot with the warning box didn't focus either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61