DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is Chrome OK but not Firefox?

Paul Iddon

Reactions
This is a browswer issue though I don't know the solution - I wonder if anyone does (it cannot just be me...)

Chrome1.jpg

Firefox1.jpg

It seems to be only Firefox that shows the latter.

Paul.

No problems here. I use three different Firefox forks (Librewolf, Firefox and Midori), none of them has that problem. Could it be some settings, or an add-on or script you have installed? Which version of Firefox?

You could try Librewolf portable, it does not install on your PC and easy to remove if you don't like it. Librewolf is a "hardened" Firefox with better privacy by default,

No problems here. I use three different Firefox forks (Librewolf, Firefox and Midori), none of them has that problem. Could it be some settings, or an add-on or script you have installed? Which version of Firefox?
Works fine here. Outdated firefox version?

It's on the latest version - Version 124.0.2 (64-bit) so that isn't behind the anomoly...

You could try Librewolf portable, it does not install on your PC and easy to remove if you don't like it. Librewolf is a "hardened" Firefox with better privacy by default,

I'll take a look. (BTW Brave browser works OK too).

Paul.

So far so good, I'll keep this browser installed alongside my others and play around in it. Cheers.

Paul.

My experience has been that YouTube continues to muck with things in the background, attempting to force people to watch ads and forcing people to their site - it seems to be a constant battle. My guess is something like that is causing this.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
My experience has been that YouTube continues to muck with things in the background, attempting to force people to watch ads and forcing people to their site - it seems to be a constant battle. My guess is something like that is causing this.

Yes, YT are being a royal pain of late. Strange it's just my FF though, but at least Chrome and Brave are fine... It may be a setting within my FF but hey ho...

Paul.

Yes, YT are being a royal pain of late. Strange it's just my FF though, but at least Chrome and Brave are fine... It may be a setting within my FF but hey ho...

Paul.

It seems every day is a new adventure on YouTube..... Thus far, I've been able to deal with all their shenanigans, but at some point I may just say forget it.

Ghostery Tracker​

This appears to be the culprit everyone.

I spent some time working through the add-ons and extensions and this one does the damage!

Problem solved for now - maybe they'll find a workaround.

Thanks for reading and suggesting etc everyone.

Paul.

Ghostery Tracker​

This appears to be the culprit everyone.

I spent some time working through the add-ons and extensions and this one does the damage!

Paul.
Ghostery is known to cause some trouble.
I highly recommend uBlock Origin, probably the only adblocker and anti-tracker you will need. It is built-in in Librewolf, but can be installed in other browsers. It really is the best. And it also works on the youtube ads - but do some reading first :)

Got it m8 ;)

Paul
And for all of us that are bothered by Youtube's annoying "ad blockers not allowed" message:
-Install uBlock origin
- Go to this website Does uBlock Origin (uBO) currently bypass YouTube's adblock detection?
If it is green and says YES the uBlock filters are working
If it is red and says NO youtube has changed their code and you need to wait a few hours until uBlock has updated its filters.
Delete youtubes cookies in your browser!
Check the website regularly until it is green again.
- Sometimes you can still get the "adblockers not allowed" message even with uBlock working. Then simply press F5 to refresh the page, and the message is gone.
- For in-depth info, look here:

- Do not install other adblockers if you use uBlock origin, they may work against each other.

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead