DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong Statement... Never Buy The Platinum

Irvine

Reactions
I bought mine from eBay was the best buy I ever made. I dont use the car charger anyone want to buy it live in the UK.

There are thousands of platinum owners who don't have problems you were unlucky my friend don't bring down this drone.

Having 8 batteries don't see the point of a car charger. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth)

I bought mine from eBay was the best buy I ever made. I dont use the car charger anyone want to buy it live in the UK.

There are thousands of platinum owners who don't have problems you were unlucky my friend don't bring down this drone.

Having 8 batteries don't see the point of a car charger. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth)
i totally agree with you @Irvine no problems at all with my MPP, the only thing is, if you read all of the original post most owners made that perfectly clear

Thanks I own the Spark and Hubsan 501ss and the H501A all 3 are great I may send that bloke one of mine (smiles)
i totally agree with you @Irvine no problems at all with my MPP, the only thing is, if you read all of the original post most owners made that perfectly clear

I just purchased one to add to my MA, I love both. The MP is more stable, and for sure is quieter. So far so good.

Reactions: gphinney
I had a few issues with the gimbal in the first month (first had jello in photos- masts of boats were wobbly, replacement made a horrible noise on initialization of gimbal at startup), DJI replaced both with new MPP's.

After all that, nothing at all. I have 6 batteries (I purchased a charger on eBay that charges 3 batteries at a time), I fly it several times per week and have now clocked up over 1200km distance in the last 12 months.

I just got back from Thailand and I was going through 12 batteries per day for 14 days.

It has been one of the most reliable 'toys' I have ever had.

I do look after it, I do a compass calibration at the start of a session, IMU calibration if I'm overseas or traveled far from home. I have never crashed it and in fact I replaced the original blades at the 500km distance mark, which I did again at 1000km.

I'm not scared to fly it over water or hills etc. I use Litchi and it's been perfect!IMG_20190308_184242_487.jpegIMG_20190305_164631_250.jpegIMG_20190310_205428_811.jpegIMG_20190310_205610_486.jpegIMG_20190310_205130_012.jpegIMG_20190305_164940_535.jpeg

Lol, I did at maximum twice a compass calibration, possibly because I did a firmware update and didn't know much about when to calibrate and when not?
IMU cal shouldn't have been more than once IIRC.
So the most recent calibration(s) should have been maybe in September.

Flew then 4 km away when in Australia back in winter, without having done anything about any of the calibrations after the flight from Europe to AUS.
No single issue as far as I remember.
Only issues so far have been Gimbal freak outs.

Hi are you saying not to buy the mavic platinum if so read the replies of countless platinum owners best drone I've ever owned and I have 5 different ones. I'll sell you one of mine (smiles). Good luck

I love my platinum. Best drone I've flown. When I have to replace it, I'll buy another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78