DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't forget about the battery dilemma. Pretty sure you still need to first charge each one individually without the dock to ensure proper activation.

Edit: I'm not sure if this has been addressed or remedied by DJI yet, so I just wanted to throw that out there.

There was like one video, in German, saying that. DJI never said anything was wrong. A poster on here charged all 3 with the hub with no issues. I charged the first one stand alone, so I at least had one working, but am now charging the other 2 on the hub to see what happens.

Reactions: xendau and Zee_Bass
There was like one video, in German, saying that. DJI never said anything was wrong. A poster on here charged all 3 with the hub with no issues. I charged the first one stand alone, so I at least had one working, but am now charging the other 2 on the hub to see what happens.
Cool! Keep us updated. I'd love to slap them all in the dock next week once its delivered if indeed it causes no issues.

Edit: Do you have a link to the post where they charged all 3 with no issue? I haven't came across that post.

Apologies for the noob, slightly off-topic, question while we are waiting for these birds to be delivered... is the User Manual released yet? Cannot seem to find it under the Downloads section on the DJI website?

Apologies for the noob, slightly off-topic, question while we are waiting for these birds to be delivered... is the User Manual released yet? Cannot seem to find it under the Downloads section on the DJI website?
Pretty sure it will be available on the official release day. So May 11th hopefully! That's just what I've heard anyways.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Just updated to Pending. It's in Ardmore, OK. Here is hoping Lone Start Overnight is actually overnight service.
Hey Buddy.
I live in the DFW area too. I had a word with LSO and they don't deliver on weekends unless it has been specifically paid for, which in our case isn't. Also, LSO is extremely incompetent and will not bother to call you if your building requires a gate code or something of that sort. I think I am personally going to go and pick it up from one of their Dallas stations on Monday (they don't allow that on weekends).

I think the majority of people did not have to pay shipping to get on release day from Bestbuy. So if you paid to get on release then they should at least refund the shipping costs.

I am in the DFW and I have am seeing the same Lone Star Overnight as you are. I think they are mainly in Austin and DFW, so hopefully that means it is coming from close.
Hey Buddy.
I live in the DFW area too. I had a word with LSO and they don't deliver on weekends unless it has been specifically paid for, which in our case isn't. Also, LSO is extremely incompetent and will not bother to call you if your building requires a gate code or something of that sort. I think I am personally going to go and pick it up from one of their Dallas stations on Monday (they don't allow that on weekends).

Don't forget about the battery dilemma. Pretty sure you still need to first charge each one individually without the dock to ensure proper activation.

Edit: I'm not sure if this has been addressed or remedied by DJI yet, so I just wanted to throw that out there.

You are right... i saw a video on this. The batteries may not activate if charged for the first time on the charging hub. That we should charge each battery individually to 100%, then we should be fine to use the hub.

Reactions: Zee_Bass
I tested the hub charging "issue". I charged 1 battery without the hub and 2 with. All 3 worked fine. Again, there was one video and no one else, including DJI has mentioned it. Not sure if that person had a bad hub, or if there really was an early issue that DJI somehow fixed (doesn't seem likely as these were shipped a while ago), but there seems to be no problem charging from the hub.

Reactions: xendau
I tested the hub charging "issue". I charged 1 battery without the hub and 2 with. All 3 worked fine. Again, there was one video and no one else, including DJI has mentioned it. Not sure if that person had a bad hub, or if there really was an early issue that DJI somehow fixed (doesn't seem likely as these were shipped a while ago), but there seems to be no problem charging from the hub.
The smart thing to do is charge each battery one at a time. Yes, it will take along time, but in the long run, worth being safe.

Good info. I wish we could get some type of official announcement as to whether this is a problem to worry about or not. Thanks for the info though for sure!

The smart thing to do is charge each battery one at a time. Yes, it will take along time, but in the long run, worth being safe.

Even if you use the hub, the batteries charge sequentially, not all at the same time, so it shouldn't take any longer. The hub just makes it more convenient since you don't have to manually swap batteries on the charger.

Even if you use the hub, the batteries charge sequentially, not all at the same time, so it shouldn't take any longer. The hub just makes it more convenient since you don't have to manually swap batteries on the charger.
Exactly, it's a very minor inconvenience to switch the batteries out as they charge.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Exactly, it's a very minor inconvenience to switch the batteries out as they charge.

Yeah but if you DONT do it you’ll brick your batteries, so it’s kind of a major deal.

So since DJI isn’t actually acknowledging the problem, I suppose you need to be a part of a
forum or group someplace to know what to do.... A ton of people are going to get the drone, open everything, and put their batteries to charge right on the hub..

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Yeah but if you DONT do it you’ll brick your batteries, so it’s kind of a major deal.

So since DJI isn’t actually acknowledging the problem, I suppose you need to be a part of a
forum or group someplace to know what to do.... A ton of people are going to get the drone, open everything, and put their batteries to charge right on the hub..
Oh I agree completely! It's a major problem. I was referring to the minor inconvenience of doing the first charge one at a time with no hub. I hope that this info gets the the masses if the hub does indeed brick new batteries!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos