DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reading all of these comments made me go ahead and contact DJI to see what they would say. I spoke to a rep via chat on the DJI site and was told it would ship by May 19th with the *possibility* of an earlier ship date. Mind you, I placed my order literally within the first three minutes of the MA2 going live. I'm slightly bummed and wondering if I should just eat the tax and order through a reseller like Best Buy but not sure if they already have stock in-hand ready to release on the 11th or not. :confused: I need a Best Buy employee to step into the forum...?

• Wow
Reactions: antonebear
I'm thinking at this point people will start having the drone near the end of May. I don't see how Bestbuy will get the drones in people's hands by Monday the 11th. No one has received tracking and I doubt they will ship 2day or overnight free shipping to get it to customers by Monday. At this point they still might be waiting on stock from DJI and just jumped the gun on may 11th delivery, or did that to get preorders in. Who knows?

And the people in the US, who ordered from DJI, you guys realize they are shipping from China? It's going to take a lot longer to get once the order ships. Those eta dates are most likely ship date, not delivery.

The biggest thing with coming from China is going to be how long customs hold it for, I have had some things go through in a day, while others take a week of just sitting there. I had originally ordered from DJI, but cancelled (still waiting on a refund) and instead ordered from Empire Drone in NY. The hard case makes it worth while, at this point I have no real clue when to expect the drone but am hopeful that it ships out sometime between the 11th-14th May and then gets to me a couple days later. Not going to stress too much over it though, it will get here when it gets here.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Noticed on bestbuy that the fly more combo now promises may 13th while the stand alone drone has no set ship date.

The biggest thing with coming from China is going to be how long customs hold it for, I have had some things go through in a day, while others take a week of just sitting there. I had originally ordered from DJI, but cancelled (still waiting on a refund) and instead ordered from Empire Drone in NY. The hard case makes it worth while, at this point I have no real clue when to expect the drone but am hopeful that it ships out sometime between the 11th-14th May and then gets to me a couple days later. Not going to stress too much over it though, it will get here when it gets here.
I did the same, canceled from DJI and ordered from Empire Drone and like you still waiting for the refund.

The added hard case was a deal, luckily we ordered in time before the deal was over.

Should be a real nice drone,
Paul

Reactions: naiku
And the people in the US, who ordered from DJI, you guys realize they are shipping from China? It's going to take a lot longer to get once the order ships. Those eta dates are most likely ship date, not delivery.

Do they really not have a distribution center in the US? That seems strange.

Same here as well, ordered from DJI, cancelled and re-ordered from Empire to get the hard case. Still waiting for refund from DJI. Looks like a lot of folks ordered from Empire Drone.

Do they really not have a distribution center in the US? That seems strange.
You would think. I'm going based off the Mini debacle. DJI ordered drones shipped from China. I'm sure if the people who ordered from them knew this they would of ordered else where... DJI does not mention anywhere that the Drones ship from China which is kind of shady.

Is there anyone who ordered from BestBuy that has "shipped" on their order status page? mine is still at preordered like many here. Seems about time for them to get the drone shipped out if its gonna be on my doorstep on the 11th. Im not hopeful.

Same here as well, ordered from DJI, cancelled and re-ordered from Empire to get the hard case. Still waiting for refund from DJI. Looks like a lot of folks ordered from Empire Drone.
Also the same here as well. Ordered with Empire. The free case more than makes up for any wait time we may have in comparison to other retailers. So glad I got in on that special!

Is there anyone who ordered from BestBuy that has "shipped" on their order status page? mine is still at preordered like many here. Seems about time for them to get the drone shipped out if its gonna be on my doorstep on the 11th. Im not hopeful.

Nothing changed but mine still says getting it by Monday the 11th

Yeah...I totally get it. I'm more so curious whether they shipped to resellers ahead of time to have product available for launch on the 11th. Otherwise, if they're shipping to vendors on the 11th like all other customers, it probably makes the most sense to go direct through DJI. Idk what to think at this point, I just wanna flyyyyyyyyy ??

Yeah...I totally get it. I'm more so curious whether they shipped to resellers ahead of time to have product available for launch on the 11th. Otherwise, if they're shipping to vendors on the 11th like all other customers, it probably makes the most sense to go direct through DJI. Idk what to think at this point, I just wanna flyyyyyyyyy ??

I'm starting think all the vendors might still be waiting on thier stock as well. Some vendors are saying DJI said they "should" get thier stock on May 15th which is 4 days after release, then they still have to be shipped to customers. I'm seeing a long wait to get these drones in our hands.

I hope my guess is wrong because I'm right there with you and want to fly as well!

Reactions: InterstateP
Hello,

I could use your previous experience with ordering directly from DJI here.

As I mentioned earlier, my order was placed about 1 hour after launch and it went to Valid status without progressing to Processing.

I have reached out to DJI Customer Support and the only thing I got out of them was that apparently, before my order can move to Processing, they need to verify my identity and I was advised to wait for an email.

The Customer Support agent was anything but helpful and had a bit of an attitude so at this point I am not sure what the best course of action is here. Should I just keep my order with DJI and hope that because I am in Canada I will save the sales tax but risk to wait for months or just cancel it, pay the 12% and try my luck with a local vendor.

Any input would be appreciated!

cheers!

Best Buy can be totally hit and miss with these things. I know for things like phone pre-orders they've sometimes ship 1 or 2 day shipping, so in that sense, may not ship until Friday or Saturday and still arrive on release day. On the other hand, there were other pre-orders I know about (neighbor and his Ocululs Rift) where the status kept saying arrive on release date and they didn't even ship until days, and for some people weeks after release date, and the status never updated until it was getting ready to ship. Think it all depends on if they really have enough in stock from DJI or will be getting them soon.

Hello,

I could use your previous experience with ordering directly from DJI here.

As I mentioned earlier, my order was placed about 1 hour after launch and it went to Valid status without progressing to Processing.

I have reached out to DJI Customer Support and the only thing I got out of them was that apparently, before my order can move to Processing, they need to verify my identity and I was advised to wait for an email.

The Customer Support agent was anything but helpful and had a bit of an attitude so at this point I am not sure what the best course of action is here. Should I just keep my order with DJI and hope that because I am in Canada I will save the sales tax but risk to wait for months or just cancel it, pay the 12% and try my luck with a local vendor.

Any input would be appreciated!

cheers!

I doubt there's a worse job than DJI Customer Support right before a launch.

"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"When is is shipping?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Can I get a tracking number?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"
'What do you mean I won't be the first one on the planet to get mine? I ordered before I finished reading the announcement!"
"Did it ship yet?"
"Did it ship yet?"

Or something like that.

I asked my vendor just to confirm when they would ship. That will be the last time I contact them.

Unless it's not here the next day... :p

Then it will be "Did it ship yet?"

DEFINETLY GETTING DJI REFRESH AND LOOKING INTO LIABILITY INSURANCE
SIGN OF THE TIMES AND THE NATURE OF THE BEAST.
THAT IS ALL, CARRY ON.

SLIIK
MM
MA
MA2 * ENROUTE

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member