DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Received my Mavmount, and this thing is awesome! Looks great, and feels super solid. Now just to get a sunshade so I can actually see what I'm doing lol.

Reactions: Aerial West
Received my Mavmount, and this thing is awesome! Looks great, and feels super solid. Now just to get a sunshade so I can actually see what I'm doing lol.
Thanks man, your kiind words just made me update the feedback portion of the website!

Got my Mavic Mount for ipad pro 12" today. So far, not too impressed. It is wobbly using the center connection - .5" play in all directions. Tried the bottom connection and the ball joint does not hold position very well (slips). a bit bummed right now.

Are you using the bottom mounting point like our pictures? The rear mount is not used on the XL clamp. I can get mine to hold, might need to be tightened more, or we can switch out the ballhead.

20161221_150631-2 SMALL.jpg

The wobbliness is within the internal assembly tolerances of the center mount mechanism. Few other points.
The ball knob should have a lever. Much like a quick release on a bicycle rim, or at least a lever so that you can tighten it down strong. Maybe knurl the ball so there is some grip to it.

The wobbliness is within the internal assembly tolerances of the center mount mechanism. Few other points.
The ball knob should have a lever. Much like a quick release on a bicycle rim, or at least a lever so that you can tighten it down strong. Maybe knurl the ball so there is some grip to it.

I used superglue to seize the middle mount.

It's officially not supposed to be used, but I like it on the middle one. Why it's like that is that bracket is a mass produced off the shelf product designed for mounting on tripods.

It looks terrible, but here's what it looks like:
IMG_1406.JPG

My mavmount holds the iPad Pro fine also. Although leverage like a bike quick release would be awesome I feel like the extra leverage would wear out the ball joint too fast.

The bottom mount holds much better, thank you, Still getting the ball join to hold position is tough. Can't get the leverage needed to torque it down without a lever. And holding the mount vs. the controller is definitely the best balance position. Also, your have a hole in the mount, having a vertical attachment that clamps to the holder will add more stability and rigidity.

upload_2017-3-20_19-22-21.png

I used superglue to seize the middle mount.

It's officially not supposed to be used, but I like it on the middle one. Why it's like that is that bracket is a mass produced off the shelf product designed for mounting on tripods.

It looks terrible, but here's what it looks like:
View attachment 8991

My mavmount holds the iPad Pro fine also. Although leverage like a bike quick release would be awesome I feel like the extra leverage would wear out the ball joint too fast.

Super glue is an idea. I do like the center mount position best. A few small improvements and this mount would have a better fit and finish.

I have a mini iPad Air 2 as well, and it fits perfectly into the rc controller. I purchased the MavMount also, however to me its a little more cumbersome to use compared to sliding the iPad into the controller. With that said, the MavMount is a very nice product.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It may be nice but it is totally unnecessary. The iPad mini fits perfectly within the remote controller.

I have had my Mav Mount for a few days now for my iPad Pro 9.7 and all I can say is it works great! And the customer service from Mav Mount was awesome!! If I had to buy again I would for sure!
Glad it works for you. Seems to be more of an issue with the 12" iPads.

Has anyone come up with a neck lanyard for the Mav Mount? I have one for my P4P and would be nice to have one for the Mavic while using the Mav Mount.

Has anyone come up with a neck lanyard for the Mav Mount? I have one for my P4P and would be nice to have one for the Mavic while using the Mav Mount.
It's in the works!

Reactions: themixguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi