DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

13 Jul 21 New FAA Rules

Chaosrider

Reactions
If I understand that right, CBOs are not in place...yet. NOT clear whether the FAA will be activating them when the selected CBOs agree to support those rules or is the FAA seeking input from the CBOs for these rules? It says membership with a CBO is not required. Will there be a requirement to inform that CBO you are flying under their organization?

If I understand that right, CBOs are not in place...yet. NOT clear whether the FAA will be activating them when the selected CBOs agree to support those rules or is the FAA seeking input from the CBOs for these rules? It says membership with a CBO is not required. Will there be a requirement to inform that CBO you are flying under their organization?
Good questions. I have mixed feelings about the entire CBO concept. In some ways, it's a laudable attempt to let local areas set rules that make sense in the local area. Good idea!

My concern is, I've worked with enough different community organizations to know that some people can get a little power-trippy, and control-freaky.

What if a CBO makes a stupid rule? How might one appeal that rule?

Even though there's no requirement to join a CBO, if one materializes near me, I'll join it.

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman