DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Obviously I know that, I can read. That’s NOT the same as “all drones must be resistered”. Words matter.
It's true... the devil is in the detail.

I don't know anyone was catching on to what you were saying above. It sounded like you were questioning if registration was a requirement.

1. Yes. For Part 107 certified pilots.
2. Only Part 107
3. The limit for hobby/recreation flyers is a guideline not a law.

PS. Here are the Part 107 regulations. https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/RIN_2120-AJ60_Clean_Signed.pdf

Here's more information.
Fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft
Fly under the Small UAS Rule

Just to clarify:
1. So for recreational flyers, the 400ft limit in Class G airspace is just a guideline?
2. The exception for flying over 400ft when flying within 400ft of a structures over 400ft tall applies only for Part 107 pilots?
3. Why does this rule seem more stringent for certified pilots, when one would think they would operate drones more responsibly given they underwent the certification training?

Just to clarify:
1. So for recreational flyers, the 400ft limit in Class G airspace is just a guideline?
2. The exception for flying over 400ft when flying within 400ft of a structures over 400ft tall applies only for Part 107 pilots?
3. Why does this rule seem more stringent for certified pilots, when one would think they would operate drones more responsibly given they underwent the certification training?

This is a VERY old thread!!

1. 400' is RULE for all UAS operators in the USA now.
2. Yes only Part 107 would be doing tower/structure inspections. No "structure" allowance for Hobby.
3. Up until late last year the FAA could not enact new rules/law on Hobby operations so we were faced with a dual set of rules (and still do to a much smaller degree). Hobby was "guidelines" but it's all law (actually regulations which carry the same weight as law but that's another discussion).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143