DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K Playback issue - Multiple devices

Dvicent

Reactions
I'm using a Mavic 2 Pro, and the 4k Playback begins great, until about 10 seconds into the video, then it starts getting choppy/stuttering pretty bad.
I first noticed the playback issue on my iPhone 8. I thought it was my phone, until I played it back on my PC. My PC is a beast, 16GB Ram, GTX 1080, plenty of CPU, plenty of SSD for any video playback.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Post an unmodified affected file so others can confirm. It usually is computer/playback software/storage related. What format are you shooting in?

Plenty of which CPU? If its h265 it needs to be recent, last couple of years at least.

The File is 788MB and I guess is too big, It won't allow me to upload it. The video starts Stuttering @ the 25 second mark, I'll see if I can zip it up and send it.

Yeh, It's not letting me Upload the zip either.The File format for the Video is MP4

The File is 788MB and I guess is too big, It won't allow me to upload it. The video starts Stuttering @ the 25 second mark, I'll see if I can zip it up and send it.
Use dropbox or another online file sharing service.

What kind if sim card do you have in your a/c? I am thinking that could be the problem, especially with 4 k video.

With regard to the PC, another variable is the graphics card. When I first got my P3, I had issues playing back 1020p on my PC. Eventually I upgraded my graphics card, no issues.

Reactions: davemorts
With regard to the PC, another variable is the graphics card. When I first got my P3, I had issues playing back 1020p on my PC. Eventually I upgraded my graphics card, no issues.

Open with VLC player. It will show you the info on the video clip including missing codecs. Then if you want to you may buy them for the player of your choice. Otw, you may use VLC player to convert the clip into the end user product that you will be using it for eg HD YouTubu etc. in which case the clip will then play after converting without issues.
H.265 codec is relatively new and most of the players can’t playback.

There are indeed missing frames in those files. Most likely SD card too slow or faulty/counterfeit.

Reactions: fozzzy
I'm currently using a SAMSUNG 128 EVO plus
Was the sd card class 3 or 1. I have seen both for the SAMSUNG 128 EVO plus. For shooting 4 K the Uhs-3 is needed. Meaning there should be a U with the number 3 in it. I believe write speeds are 10 x faster.

Last edited:
My 4k video was choppy, I ran it through an application called " handbrake" the resulting file was a lot smaller and played perfectly, this led me to believe that my graphics card was failing. I replaced it with a geforce GTX 1660 ti and no more choppy video.

Dave: Handbrake is a "transcoder" and can do a number of things but in this case, it sounds like it either lowered the bitrate or resolution. Simply transcoding from H.265 to H.264 would have increased the size of the file. However, the fact that the resulting file was a lot smaller indicates either a drop in resolution or bitrate (or both) I think.

And...odds are your previous card wasn't "failing," it just didn't have enough umph! Upgrading to the 1660ti was the answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar