DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8k Hyperlapse Stabilized w/ Tips

HoosierFlyer

Reactions
For anyone complaining about 8k hyperlapses being "shaky", I made this short hyperlapse to show it can be done smoothly.
A few things to note:
  • Low wind helps a LOT for 8k mode.
  • Don't attempt to move the drone yourself, use a course lock for best stable movements.
  • You can further stabilize 8k using Adobe Premiere (as I've done in my sample).
  • To understand how 1080p vs 8k is processed by the DJI, you must realize that 1080p hyperlapses will usually come out looking more stable. This is because there is much more wiggle room on the camera sensor to play with while recording each shot. With 8k mode, the entire camera sensor is used, so you are at the mercy of wind and drone movement itself for stability of the shot.

Reactions: Air_Deo
Not sure if it's Youtube's problem or what, the movement of objects in the footage is in regular steps .

Not sure if it's Youtube's problem or what, the movement of objects in the footage is in regular steps .
Yes, because the original footage on my computer does not do this. But, that's besides the point of this post. :)

The free version of Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve has a good stabilizer (limited to UHD timelines I think)

Resolve is free...with a lot of options for the stabilizer...
Which settings did you use?
Did you also check the one time paid version of Resolve Studio? 299, updates for ever free? Compared to monthly 21$...
Just a thought...

Resolve is free...with a lot of options for the stabilizer...
Which settings did you use?
Did you also check the one time paid version of Resolve Studio? 299, updates for ever free? Compared to monthly 21$...
Just a thought...
I used "similarity" which is already the best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403