DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Abandoned industrial sites are always a great subject. Love your video by the way, especially the shot down the cooling tower.

Reactions: Alec Smirts
Abandoned industrial sites are always a great subject. Love your video by the way, especially the shot down the cooling tower.

I've shot a few abandoned industrial places in the Tennessee/Alabama area and I agree, I love doing them. I'd like to expand though and branch out to some other states and check out some other abandoned areas like amusement parks and whatnot.

Waaaaa man !!! Video is dope !!!!!!!! Really like it !!! Super job !!! What is your YouTube channel ? I need to see more of your work !!! Congratulations !!!!

Reactions: Alec Smirts
I've shot a few abandoned industrial places in the Tennessee/Alabama area and I agree, I love doing them. I'd like to expand though and branch out to some other states and check out some other abandoned areas like amusement parks and whatnot.
I know up in the Allegheny region around Pittsburgh there used to be quite a few abandoned steel mills. They were usually along one of the three rivers. Same thing around the northern part of West Virginia with old coal mills. That was quite a few years ago, things may be different now.
Old steel bridges that are no longer used would be cool, though you would have to be careful with magnetic interference.

I know up in the Allegheny region around Pittsburgh there used to be quite a few abandoned steel mills. They were usually along one of the three rivers. Same thing around the northern part of West Virginia with old coal mills. That was quite a few years ago, things may be different now.
Old steel bridges that are no longer used would be cool, though you would have to be careful with magnetic interference.

It's funny you say that Dan, I'm originally from that area (St. Clairsville, OH...Right across the river from Wheeling, WV so I've been trying to plan a trip home to drone quite a few things!)... I was there a few months ago for a wedding and droned an abandoned prison (Moundsville Penitentiary)...Here's the link to that!:

Reactions: KentA and bloe2100
What would happen if you were to fly over a Nuke site currently in operation? I don’t think those folks have the means to stop a small drone.

What would happen if you were to fly over a Nuke site currently in operation? I don’t think those folks have the means to stop a small drone.

The DJI GPS won't allow you to do that. It's the same as trying to fly over say an NFL stadium while a game is being played.

Reactions: MrsTreat

For example:

This plant in Alabama isn't currently in use and never had been, but is in the process of becoming active. I found this out after all the research I did said it was abandoned and I drove all the way there to fly it to hit an invisible forcefield lol. A person from the plant saw me and came out to talk to me and gave me all the new information about it being in the process of becoming active. Very nice people though and told me I was welcome to continue flying, but with the amount of restrictions, it wasn't worth it so I went somewhere else.

Reactions: MrsTreat

Anybody know of any abandoned places that would be cool to drone? Currently researching ideas of places to go or visit to drone out of the ordinary realm and would love some feedback! Anything helps!

Thanks!
holy crap, looks like a video game

do you know why they abandoned it?

Good work.. nice edit

holy crap, looks like a video game

do you know why they abandoned it?

They started building it a long long time ago (I forget the year, but I think it's in the description of my video) but they were expecting the area to grow, but it never did so instead of finishing it when the area didn't expand, they just canned the project.

Reactions: Drones Ace
They started building it a long long time ago (I forget the year, but I think it's in the description of my video) but they were expecting the area to grow, but it never did so instead of finishing it when the area didn't expand, they just canned the project.
are you allowed to go inside?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock