DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Access Flight Data after firmaware up data to v01.03.1000

Same as BudWalker, I've now had a response from DJI; new version of DJI Assistant should sort the problem once released:

Thank you for your clarification.

I would like to our engineer is debugging the software of DJI Assistance 2 hence the data viewer has been disabled.

Our engineer will fix the problem as soon as possible and publish a new version which will open the data viewer again.

If there is any inconvenience may have caused, we sincerely do apologize for that.
Kind regards,

Hi Pilots, Please help me out.

Has anyone managed to access their Flight Data after upgrading to Firmware v01.03.1000?

I had no trouble before. But since updating, the drive doesn't seem to mount through DJI Assistant 2.

I've tried a couple of refreshes, but still no good.

I'm wondering if DJI have done this deliberately so only they can access the files during waranty claims. It would be a shame as I really enjoy a good rummage around my Flight Data.
I have upgrade mine and the flight record disappeared also

Hi everyone,
Assistant 2 v1.1.6 has been released.
Anyone tried to access flight data?

Yep. Still doesn't work. Tried Mavic FW refresh and a bunch of other stuff; still doesn't appear to be working. Drive doesn't mount when opening Data Viewer; same problem as before.

Hi everyone,
I managed to access data selecting "Data Upload" instead of "Flight Data" in dji Assistant 2 latest release.
Let me know if it's working to you too.

Reactions: BudWalker
To be fair, DJI Support via email has been quick. They have acknowedged that there is still an issue, even after the new Assistant 2 version released yesterday 1.1.6: See extract below:

I am sorry to inform Mavic Pro still not be able to exported the data from DJI Assistance 2.
Our engineer still keep rolling up to fix this issue.
We should shortly update the software again to enable again the data viewer.
Thank you for your patience and we deeply do apologize for any inconvenience may have caused.

I want a testing job for DJI. Well maybe not, but I probably could do no worse. Patience is a good thing, they'll get it fixed.

I don't know why, it's weird, but as I said before, I managed to get flight data using the "upload data" function in assistant 2.

Their communication has been good. I guess there is a balance between testing things thoroughly (but releasing them later) or getting things released quickly to quench our thirst for new tech. I agree they could do better though. I'm still a happy Mavic man!!!

I don't know why, it's weird, but as I said before, I managed to get flight data using the "upload data" function in assistant 2.

Yeah, Dronion, I managed to export a flight data .dat file too using the same method. I managed to upload it to the viewer, but I couldn't actually see any data (just data headings). It looked a large enough file too. Did you manage to see data within the file?

Yeah, Dronion, I managed to export a flight data .dat file too using the same method. I managed to upload it to the viewer, but I couldn't actually see any data (just data headings). It looked a large enough file too. Did you manage to see data within the file?

You have to decompress the dat file with the utility provided together with DatCon software package

Reactions: Fingers

Has anyone managed to access their Flight Data after upgrading to Firmware v01.03.1000?

I had no trouble before. But since updating, the drive doesn't seem to mount through DJI Assistant 2.

I'm wondering if DJI have done this deliberately so only they can access the files during waranty claims. It would be a shame as I really enjoy a good rummage around my Flight Data.

I was facing with the same problem after upgrade to FW 1000. Use to be able to access flight data with my Mac book but not now. DJI tried to help me but, believe they can’t . Any advise

I was facing with the same problem after upgrade to FW 1000. Use to be able to access flight data with my Mac book but not now. DJI tried to help me but, believe they can’t . Any advise

You could try the advice above, in post #25.

A new assistant version was released a day or 2 ago, might want to try that.
Yeah Kilrah, apologies I should have made it clearer in my post. The response from DJI Support was in relation to the new Assistant version 1.1.6. I tried it on Thursday, and the problem still exists, which DJI is aware of and working to resolve.

Yeah Kilrah, apologies I should have made it clearer in my post. The response from DJI Support was in relation to the new Assistant version 1.1.6. I tried it on Thursday, and the problem still exists, which DJI is aware of and working to resolve.

But you said in post #31 that you did manage to extract the DAT file.

@Fingers did the .DAT you managed to extract have a file name something like

DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT

If so, then that file will contain the .DAT files you're after. Those FLYXXX.DAT files can be extracted from it via the ExtractDJI app that comes with both CsvView and DatCon. Also, both DatCon and CsvView can accept one of these .DAT files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242