DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding Sound Effects To Your Mavic Videos

SpaceMonkey58

Reactions

So this is my first attempt at soundscaping (not sure that's a real word but it sounds cool).

I was surprised at how easily the mind accepts the sound effects as long as it matches what the eye is seeing.

I was able to find all of the sounds I needed for free from this site: Free Sound Clips | SoundBible.com

I recorded the bird sounds you hear as the Mavic flies, over the building, into the trees with a Zoom H2 pocket recorderhttps://www.amazon.com/Zoom-H2N-H2n-Handy-Recorder/dp/B005CQ2ZY6/ref=pd_bxgy_421_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=V35KEN01T7SB2314TV6Y.

Most of that sound "footage" was unusable due to wind so I just bought a wind sock for it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IBI58RW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

My goal is to remember to record ambient sounds before I take off and try to incorporate them into the vids. Seems like it really adds something that's been missing.

What do you think??

Wrong sound effect, I didn't hear buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL

No great video.

Very different, and I liked it in general.
I don’t think I’ve seen that done in other vids in my short time on this forum.

The sea birds at around 1:45 didn’t bother you ?
They seemed interested in the drive, one passed fairly closely too !

Wrong sound effect, I didn't hear buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL

No great video.

Thanks for checking it out. That well known buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz has it's place. One of my early attempts with a home brew quad @ 60fps attracted a swarm and gave me an opportunity to slow it down and watch the chaos:

Reactions: KentA
Very different, and I liked it in general.
I don’t think I’ve seen that done in other vids in my short time on this forum.

The sea birds at around 1:45 didn’t bother you ?
They seemed interested in the drive, one passed fairly closely too !

Too close. As the Mavic ends it's rotation to the back of the rock, there is one that flashed by in the lower left corner that should have done it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I’ve read a few threads around forums that noted sea birds can be as bad or worse than hawks etc, there are usually bigger numbers of them too which makes it harder to keep track of them.
Made it through that flight, which is good.

Good job. You might give a sun shade a try. It should cut down on the light flashes you got while going under the trees. As long as you do not make too abrupt a stop/start/turn it will stay out of the video.

upload_2017-11-10_13-27-22.png

Reactions: GooterFly68
Good job. You might give a sun shade a try. It should cut down on the light flashes you got while going under the trees. As long as you do not make too abrupt a stop/start/turn it will stay out of the video.

View attachment 24646
Ha, was trying for that strobe effect in this shot.
I do have that model of shade in my bag but it was making an appearance in too many shots, so there it sits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229