DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft side amplification of the TX/RX Stock antenna

Weather, heat, and Major League Baseball NFZ has kept me out of the air lately. I went to test a new set up with the 8watt amp on the RC Sunday, had a bad cable, came back swapped it out, went back and needed an RP SMA connector on the one I swapped out...so I have a cable that works now, but I am up against rain, and the mlb NFZ this evening.
Here’s my new RC set up.View attachment 76296View attachment 76294View attachment 76295View attachment 76296
Looking good dude, I'll be very interested to see the difference the 8 watt amp makes.?

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I have been playing with the same kind of setup. What kind of antennas are those? Looks like a good setup.

I have been playing with the same kind of setup. What kind of antennas are those? Looks like a good setup.
Thank you, I appreciate it!! 9dbi TP link antennas, lmr 200 coax cables shortened and resoldered to the panels. Amped left side.

Looks good. I'm curious to see how she performs. My range hasn't been nearly as good now that the trees and everything are back in the North West. I'll keep checling back here for updates.

Jeff
The 4 watt will get max distance, hopefully the 8 watts just makes a more solid connection when out to 50k feet.
Are you fellas doing this long distance flying using a tablet or a monitor of some sort? Tex-very nice md there!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan