DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 All roads lead to somewhere ☺️

this_girl_drones

Reactions
All roads lead to somewhere ☺️ My quickest fly up….Didn’t anticipate the wind up there ? Managed to grab a quick shot (not overly exciting) but the wind took my mini2 on a little excursion 100m in the other direction so as usual, I chickened out and brought him back down ?

Really wish I wasn’t so nervous as I feel I’m missing out not documenting these beautiful places…..Any advice for this girl droner? Thank you in advance ☺️
View attachment 13346066A7461E-ED76-4BC4-99ED-089B1240B0AE.jpeg

nervousness or perhaps common sense saved your drone, not a bad result I would say.
I have seen a Phantom 3 temporarily blown away in a squall, that was scary, and I couldn't descend to get out of the squall. I have seen my Mavic Mini going very rapidly downwind in another squall but there I could descend. It is not a nice feeling and you did the right thing.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: this_girl_drones
nervousness or perhaps common sense saved your drone, not a bad result I would say.
I have seen a Phantom 3 temporarily blown away in a squall, that was scary, and I couldn't descend to get out of the squall. I have seen my Mavic Mini going very rapidly downwind in another squall but there I could descend. It is not a nice feeling and you did the right thing.
Thank you, It’s good to get some reassurance ☺️ Everywhere is just so bloody windy here in the UK! ?

I'm always a little nervous when I fly our Mavic 2 Pro even though i've been drone flying since 2014. It keeps me on my toes. No matter how much you do your safety checks, you just never know until you put the drone in the air. So, it's good to stay sharp and err on the safe side always. But remember, you bought it to have fun, so go out there and FLY!

First - Good shot!
Second - You did the right thing by dropping it down. As you found out, winds can be different at altitude vs ground level. There is an app I use called UAV Forecast (not sure if it works in the UK, you may have something similar). It lets a pilot check for winds and different altitudess so the pilot has an idea of what's going on up there.
Third - Nervousness. As you fly and get more comfortable, it's normal for your nervousness to go down. But, I like to think it's best for it not to go away altogether. I think some jitters is part of flying and can vary depending on where you fly.
Always - Keep up the good flying and shooting. The more you do, the better you get.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127