DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
This forum is, for me, the single most useful source of information and advice when I need it. The growing antagonistic exchanges throughout are making it harder to even bother to come back to the site. (Moderator, feel free to remove for off topic)

"This forum is, for me, the single most useful source of information and advice when I need it. The growing antagonistic exchanges throughout are making it harder to even bother to come back to the site. (Moderator, feel free to remove for off topic)"

Well said....

Reactions: mrxram
Thank you very much for sharing, it's a solid compact CL that I will be using from now on.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought a Mavic pro, and though it's really easy to fly and setup, as an Airline Pilot I'm very serious about the flight preparation. Although there's a ton of checklists on the web, in the form of video or plain text, none of them met the standards I'm used to in professional aviation.

So I set forth and made one. I hope it's of use to someone, let me know what you think!

Cheers!
This is concise and helpful. Thank you!

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought a Mavic pro, and though it's really easy to fly and setup, as an Airline Pilot I'm very serious about the flight preparation. Although there's a ton of checklists on the web, in the form of video or plain text, none of them met the standards I'm used to in professional aviation.

So I set forth and made one. I hope it's of use to someone, let me know what you think!

Cheers!
I think this is very helpful, and will help reduce the heat people might get from the FAA should they crash. These can still cause damage if they fall or crash, especially if they hit a person so check lists are just a good way to cover your butt in case something does happen unexpectedly. Even a 1lb drone, if falling from the sky could seriously injure someone if it hit them in the head or something, however unlikely that might be.

Reactions: mrxram and Rick
Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Thanks have downloaded it, as a reminder,easy to forget the odd thing ;-)

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Excellent checklist - now if only all full scale pilots would use it, minus the folding arms perhaps.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Thank you for sharing it will be very useful.

Curious about when drones cease being "toys", and when they become "aircraft"? Is it when they hit 5 lbs? 50 lbs? 500 lbs? By who's definition are they "toys" vs. "real"? If the military is using a 1 lb drone with a camera, does that make it "real"? If an F-16 on final approach sucks one into its engine and crashes, does the "toy" suddenly become "real"? If a Mavic is used by scientists for wildlife study, or search and rescue teams to help find victims, or maybe by police departments for use in hostage situations, do they become "real" yet? Please... Enlighten us!

Reactions: wcsilva and mrxram
Can't understand why topics always need to turn into Trollfests. This community only functions effectively in the presence of mutual respect, so people will stop sharing if they believe they're just going to get lambasted by arseholes.

While I'm not a pilot, I've spent a lot of time working around and flying in rotary wing aviation, so I respect their use of checklists for even the simplest tasks. When it's my life in their hands, any aide is good.

I've also spent a lot of time researching neuro-cognitive inputs to decision making, and checklists are designed to negate effects such such as cognitive lockup and expectation bias (as well as a host of others).

For that reason, I respect a commercial pilot's opinion when it comes to things like this. I'd be interested to see how many Mavic Pro failures reported on this forum could have been avoided with the application of a aviation-standard discipline. It's easy enough to mock the use of a checklist in this context, but then you remove your right cry-poor when you crash your Mavic and increase the regulatory pressure out hobby is already under.

Just a note for the OP - your footnote 3 states that flying with the Gimbal Cover on is ok in certain situations. Flying with the Gimbal Cover obstructs the air-intake for the avionics cooling and so shouldn't be attempted. I'd suggest you consider amending this (there are numerous discussions on the cover topic in here).

Other than, excellent job, and I'll certainly start using this checklist to ensure I don't become complacent and miss something one day.

Good work!

thanks mr
Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Thanks, good list - have printed it.
Only 1 point i will add to my printed list between "After Start and Before Take Off' is 'wait for the app voice prompt which says: Home point has been updated, please check it on the map" very good list though, thanks

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Nice!

Can't understand why topics always need to turn into Trollfests. This community only functions effectively in the presence of mutual respect, so people will stop sharing if they believe they're just going to get lambasted by arseholes.

Just a note for the OP - your footnote 3 states that flying with the Gimbal Cover on is ok in certain situations. Flying with the Gimbal Cover obstructs the air-intake for the avionics cooling and so shouldn't be attempted. I'd suggest you consider amending this (there are numerous discussions on the cover topic in here).

Thank you, it's something I'll dive into and research a little bit. It makes sense, thank you for noticing.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Excellent, thank you.

I know it's unlikely, but isn't it safer to start the controller first before the mavic in case a rogue signal communicates with the drone?
First rule in R/C. Always the transmitter first. You are correct.

I'm sure I flown mine father, faster, and much higher than you, but I don't think myself a pilot or need a 50 point checklist prior to flight. And sorry to say my friend, they are toys. They may fly but sadly for you, they are a toy no matter what your piece of paper says.

I beg to differ on your point of being force by the powers that be. It's individuals such as yourself that think you're a pilot flying an aircraft that will bring the hammer down by the powers that be. You guys place far, far to much emphasis on flying a toy drone that it will bring more fear mongering and unwanted attention to commercial drones.

Because you drive a car and have a license to do so doesn't make you a NASCAR driver no matter how bad you want to be. You're flying a 2lb Mavic commercial drone at 40 mph for photography and fun, not a 10,000lb Reaper drone over Iraq.

Keep dreaming though.

I definitely agree! I have flown airplanes AND I own a Mavic. Mavics are small and relatively well automated (managed), and with a modicum of precaution and common sense... generally safe, and acceptable for even a novice flier to learn with. It is NOT the same risks as flying an airplane. So, perhaps rules and checklists could be tiered. Heavier, faster drones should require more rules. Smaller, less massive ones like the Mavic just haven't shown themselves to be significant threat to public safety.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato