DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
If you use your device as a daily driver it's advisable to reboot it every once in a while. Before a flight might me a good time. I'd say also that Android devices would benefit from it, they tend to slow down when running non-stop for days/weeks.

When and why should you restart your phone or tablet, if I may ask?

I read at some forums or youtube comments, people saying their phones freezed during flight while rc was still connected to the MP.

I read at some forums or youtube comments, people saying their phones freezed during flight while rc was still connected to the MP.
If you use your device as a daily driver it's advisable to reboot it every once in a while. Before a flight might me a good time. I'd say also that Android devices would benefit from it, they tend to slow down when running non-stop for days/weeks.
Ok, although this might make sense, I think this is not something that should be in a general checklist like this. Thank you guys for the imput and although you have a valid point (personally I'm using iOS and have my phone running for months on straight without any problems), it's always an option to either disconnect the phone and restart it during flight (if battery life permits), or just return to home, hoping you followed the checklist and set a RTH altitude that makes sense ;-) .

Cheers

I'm sure I flown mine father, faster, and much higher than you, but I don't think myself a pilot or need a 50 point checklist prior to flight. And sorry to say my friend, they are toys. They may fly but sadly for you, they are a toy no matter what your piece of paper says.

I beg to differ on your point of being force by the powers that be. It's individuals such as yourself that think you're a pilot flying an aircraft that will bring the hammer down by the powers that be. You guys place far, far to much emphasis on flying a toy drone that it will bring more fear mongering and unwanted attention to commercial drones.

Because you drive a car and have a license to do so doesn't make you a NASCAR driver no matter how bad you want to be. You're flying a 2lb Mavic commercial drone at 40 mph for photography and fun, not a 10,000lb Reaper drone over Iraq.

Keep dreaming though.
I think I've had enough. I have seen your comments in this and other threads and I have to ask where all the anger you spew is coming from? Whether it is for fun or for commercial use we all enjoy using our drones. We come to these forums to gain or share useful information and your smart *** interludes add nothing to a civil conversation. Might I recommend getting some professional help so you can contribute in a meaningful way to our society.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought a Mavic pro, and though it's really easy to fly and setup, as an Airline Pilot I'm very serious about the flight preparation. Although there's a ton of checklists on the web, in the form of video or plain text, none of them met the standards I'm used to in professional aviation.

So I set forth and made one. I hope it's of use to someone, let me know what you think!

Cheers!

I think I've had enough. I have seen your comments in this and other threads and I have to ask where all the anger you spew is coming from? Whether it is for fun or for commercial use we all enjoy using our drones. We come to these forums to gain or share useful information and your smart *** interludes add nothing to a civil conversation. Might I recommend getting some professional help so you can contribute in a meaningful way to our society.
Thank you dad. If you're so easily offended don't read the posts. You may need professional help if an opinion on the internet upsets you but you know what they say "truth hurts".

I'm sorry you take yourself and flying a highly automated piece of Chinese plastic so seriously that you feel it requires a pre-flight checklist like that of a true professional pilot.

I'm sorry you can't stand an opinion other than what you want to hear. I'm sorry I won't "spew" you what you want to hear. I'm sorry you can't discern the irony of your own posting to try to put me down.

You think yourself a pilot because you fly a toy drone, but I need professional help. Haha. Wow.

Last edited:
Thank you dad. If you're so easily offended don't read the posts. You may need professional help if an opinion on the internet upsets you but you know what they say "truth hurts".

These drones aren't toys. You are confusing them with your teddy bear. Just because your teddy flies when you throw it, that doesn't make the Mavic Pro a toy as well. So dry your crybaby eyes and jog on.

These drones aren't toys. You are confusing them with your teddy bear. Just because your teddy flies when you throw it, that doesn't make the Mavic Pro a toy as well. So dry your crybaby eyes and jog on.
"These drones aren't toys, these drones aren't toys, these drones aren't toys Mommy"! "I swear it! I'm a pilot!"

Nothing more sad than a grown man who feels he's a "pilot" piloting an "aircraft" when in reality, he's barely flying a highly automated toy.

Keep telling yourself it's not a toy.....won't ever change the fact that it's an expensive piece of Chinese plastic with a camera on it and basically flys itself.

It's so sad that I'll lend you my teddy bear that you can hug and cry into when you finally realize it's just a toy and you never became a pilot.

Delusion over, reality sets in........sad "pilot"
A5ABF475-CAB6-4837-AC1C-80AAAF26F082-49248-000011DB6C7EF521.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: noobflyer
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought a Mavic pro, and though it's really easy to fly and setup, as an Airline Pilot I'm very serious about the flight preparation. Although there's a ton of checklists on the web, in the form of video or plain text, none of them met the standards I'm used to in professional aviation.

So I set forth and made one. I hope it's of use to someone, let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Thanks Captain

Reactions: noobflyer

I'm sorry you take yourself and flying a highly automated piece of Chinese plastic so seriously that you feel it requires a pre-flight checklist like that of a true professional pilot.

I'm sorry you can't stand an opinion other than what you want to hear. I'm sorry I won't "spew" you what you want to hear. I'm sorry you can't discern the irony of your own posting to try to put me down.

You think yourself a pilot because you fly a toy drone, but I need professional help. Haha. Wow.
Time to grow up, child.

I purchased my Mavic back in December of 2016. No crashes, still running the original props approaching 300 flights. My checklist from day one has been the same.

1. Batteries charged on Mavic, Remote, and Tablet?
2. All devices powered on?
3. DJI Go says go?
4. Fly it like you stole it!!!!!

Now don't get me wrong I check for stress cracks on the Mavic and props frequently with a jewelers loupe, check for debris in motors, clean, etc. but I do it while I'm sitting on my butt watching tv or something.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Cheers!
Thanks for your effort. As a military pilot I am used to checklists and while many drone users will make jokes about the length of your checklist, but if they read it even one time it may save them a lost Mavic.
Fly Safe with a Smile

Thanks for your effort. As a military pilot I am used to checklists and while many drone users will make jokes about the length of your checklist, but if they read it even one time it may save them a lost Mavic.
Fly Safe with a Smile
Lol this thread is getting more ridiculous by each reply. Overall this forum takes the cake for who is going to make a cuter thread. One guy wants to discuss the finer points of launching mavic from grass(oh how adorably innocent), this 'pilot' makes superdooper f16esque checklist. It's like some people try to one up each other in who's going to make a more kosher thread because we are prohibited from discussing some fascinating possibilities that mavic is capable of so I guess we have to engage in kindergarten play dough thread making. Stay cute. Oh and please don't invoke the wrath of mod on me, whatever will I do if I get banned from your safe aerial space. Lol

Lol this thread is getting more ridiculous by each reply. Overall this forum takes the cake for who is going to make a cuter thread. One guy wants to discuss the finer points of launching mavic from grass(oh how adorably innocent), this 'pilot' makes superdooper f16esque checklist. It's like some people try to one up each other in who's going to make a more kosher thread because we are prohibited from discussing some fascinating possibilities that mavic is capable of so I guess we have to engage in kindergarten play dough thread making. Stay cute. Oh and please don't invoke the wrath of mod on me, whatever will I do if I get banned from your safe aerial space. Lol

Been drinkin’ dude?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov