DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mrxram

Reactions
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought a Mavic pro, and though it's really easy to fly and setup, as an Airline Pilot I'm very serious about the flight preparation. Although there's a ton of checklists on the web, in the form of video or plain text, none of them met the standards I'm used to in professional aviation.

So I set forth and made one. I hope it's of use to someone, let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Attachments

• DJI Mavic Pro Checklist for Outdoor Flying.pdf
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,547
Very well done, as one might expect from a seasoned aviation professional.

I will recommend and refer to this thread frequently.

Thank you for your contribution, and glad to have you in our group!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrxram
Read both start up check list

Upon Start up for best result
after pre flight check
before I went with this method had issues(NFZ/Atti/GPS)
.(start controller then start Mavic) just doesn't work(For Me)

Firmware .0700 Nexus 7 Android 6.0.1 DJI app 4.1.2

1. Start Mavic Pro
2. Start Controller RC wait to sync with Mavic
3. Start Tablet/Phone
4. wait for Go Fly Signal on (RC) Plug in tablet/Phone
5. open GO4 app wait for go Fly
works every time
and My hard rule never fly with less then 20% battery
................C

after pre flight check

1. Start Mavic Pro
3. Start Tablet/Phone
works every time
................C

I know it's unlikely, but isn't it safer to start the controller first before the mavic in case a rogue signal communicates with the drone?

after pre flight check

1. Start Mavic Pro
3. Start Tablet/Phone
works every time
................C

So far no issues with that. Using iPhone 6 and I tried about all different order combinations, however:

If you start your Mavic before you start your RC, there is moment where you don't have any control over what the aircraft is doing. Chances are (even when it may be highly unlikely), that your mavic starts to do things by itself, with you having no way to control it. (Reasons might be anything from false radio signals, bugs, damaged sensors, etc.)

As I said before, it's highly unlikely the Mavic will take off by itself, but in my experience there's no good reason to turn on the Mavic first.

Thanks for the input,

Cheers

Reactions: Rbruz
I know it's unlikely, but isn't it safer to start the controller first before the mavic in case a rogue signal communicates with the drone?
Exactly my point. Chances may be small, but just think about what if...

All I can say is, you are clearly an Airbus pilot :eek:

That is absolutely 100% correct and has been proper and accepted RC protocol for years and years. Some people argue that with 2.4 locks, it doesn't matter much anymore. I still argue why take a chance.

What about a space shuttle pilot? Any Tie Fighter pilots out there have a pre-flight checklist for a toy drone?
You wanna keep calling these toys, go ahead. At some point you'll realize that unless we start taking them seriously, as the aircraft that they are, we will be forced to, by powers that be.

Matter of fact, when I'm flying under p107, I MUST have a preflight checklist and adhere to it.

Personally, I'm impressed that an airline captain, or a professional helicopter pilot, sees these for what they are, and would take the time to assist.

You might fly yours for fun, a few feet off the ground, but many of us need to go places where a mistake might cause some damage, at best, or some lives, at worst, and checklists are a good way to help prevent that.

Last edited:
You wanna keep calling these toys, go ahead. At some point you'll realize that unless we start taking them seriously, as the aircraft that they are, we will be forced to, by powers that be.

Matter of fact, when I'm flying under p107, I MUST have a preflight checklist and adhere to it.

You might fly yours for fun, a few feet off the ground, but many of us need to go places where a mistake might cause some damage, at best, or some lives, at worst, and checklists are a good way to help prevent that.
I'm sure I flown mine father, faster, and much higher than you, but I don't think myself a pilot or need a 50 point checklist prior to flight. And sorry to say my friend, they are toys. They may fly but sadly for you, they are a toy no matter what your piece of paper says.

I beg to differ on your point of being force by the powers that be. It's individuals such as yourself that think you're a pilot flying an aircraft that will bring the hammer down by the powers that be. You guys place far, far to much emphasis on flying a toy drone that it will bring more fear mongering and unwanted attention to commercial drones.

Because you drive a car and have a license to do so doesn't make you a NASCAR driver no matter how bad you want to be. You're flying a 2lb Mavic commercial drone at 40 mph for photography and fun, not a 10,000lb Reaper drone over Iraq.

Keep dreaming though.

Last edited:
I'm sure I flown mine father, faster, and much higher than you, but I don't think myself a pilot or need a 50 point checklist prior to flight. And sorry to say my friend, they are toys. They may fly but sadly for you, they are a toy.
Cool, keep that attitude and see where it gets your "hobby".

don't like it? don't use it.. not sure why it even needs to be said
I know right. How dare someone have a different opinion than you on this vast placed called the Internet?!

You do realize it was partly a joke and there aren't really any Tie Fighters right? Haha.

Reactions: mkdive
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000