Reactions
Overview:
  • Date: 2022.02.17
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.07.20
  • Remote Controller: v04.11.00.32
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.10

What's New?
  • Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.

So I've been a hardware engineer/architect for 40 years - "Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability" is tech speak for "We've found some more SW bugs that we'd rather not admit to"

Last edited:
Since the drones are considered aircraft under FAA, DJI should take more seriously the changes they are doing and share the information with the pilots. This should be very serious business. The lack of information is worrying.

1645135900725.png

1645135931957.png

I'll see how this update works when I fly this weekend. :)

They need to fix the software for properly timed landings when you fly the ma2 above 400 ft agl. It’s pretty messed up.

Flew today for about 1.5 hours. No issues except for the (perhaps) lower number of AirSense alerts. Plenty of planes in the air, but just a few alerts.

Flew again this afternoon - Windy but my Air 2 did fine. (17 - 34 mph)
AirSense initially (1st battery pack) - no alerts - after I started flying with the 2nd pack, I started getting alerts. Constant number of overflights all afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TVQ
Been flying with my iPad 7th gen (10”, 32GB) since I got my MA2 last July. After this update, did a quick flight. About a minute in, I got the “CPU fully loaded” message. I’ve never gotten that before. Later I did some research, general consensus is to disable video cache. I made that change, now I just need to test fly to confirm it worked.

Edit: Also did the “swipe-up” app thingy to close all open apps.

- Jeff

Reactions: antonebear
Been flying with my iPad 7th gen (10”, 32GB) since I got my MA2 last July. After this update, did a quick flight. About a minute in, I got the “CPU fully loaded” message. I’ve never gotten that before. Later I did some research, general consensus is to disable video cache. I made that change, now I just need to test fly to confirm it worked.

Edit: Also did the “swipe-up” app thingy to close all open apps.

- Jeff
1 Definitely let us know about the "disable the video cache" :) There are lots of people having “CPU fully loaded” issues, on tablet/phone hardware that was previously OK.
2 Also agree on the closing of all other apps.

1 Definitely let us know about the "disable the video cache" :) There are lots of people having “CPU fully loaded” issues, on tablet/phone hardware that was previously OK.

In the Fly App it's a prompt in the menu (three dots, upper right hand corner), just flip it off. I believe it's under the camera prompt.

I was able to squeeze in a short flight, long enough if that message was going to show.

Thankfully, it didn’t. Hopefully, it will stay that way. Time will tell.

Reactions: antonebear
Grabbed another quick flight this morning, no warning message about the CPU. Cool. On a hunch, I brought the drone back, let it hover, and turned video caching back on. Flew for about ten minutes. And yet no message.

Hm. Now I'm more puzzled than ever.

It's tough to figure out the challenges when the updates are coming so quick and you have no idea what's in the bundle. Yesterday before I flew I received a message for update V 1.5.10 and ran the updates on both of my birds. No idea what's in the latest bundle, wish DJI was more transparent so we knew what to look out for as it relates to improved functions of fixes.

Reactions: Hertzdonut
A belated follow-up…I flew close to zero this winter, but am in Lenoir City, TN, visiting family right now and traveled with my MA2.

I got the CPU overload message on a couple of short flights, so I once again shut off video caching, etc., and the problem disappeared. As long as I use this particular iPad, I intend to leave that setting off from now on.

Happy flying y’all! (Said the guy from NH 😉)

(Side note: Ft Loudon Dam is a cool place to fly!)

A belated follow-up…I flew close to zero this winter, but am in Lenoir City, TN, visiting family right now and traveled with my MA2.

I got the CPU overload message on a couple of short flights, so I once again shut off video caching, etc., and the problem disappeared. As long as I use this particular iPad, I intend to leave that setting off from now on.

Happy flying y’all! (Said the guy from NH 😉)

(Side note: Ft Loudon Dam is a cool place to fly!)
I went ahead and purchased an iPad Mini 6 & I'm very happy with it so far.

I've been experimenting with other "Legacy" iPads such as an old 1st gen Air.

With my current stable of tablets, only the 8th Gen full sized iPad & my Mini 6 are up to the task of supporting the DJI Fly App with the caching enabled.

BTW, I'm actually from Denver but I can do a pretty good "y'all - fixin too" when I'm conversing with my friends from East TX. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31