DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any 2022 UK recommendations for folding rigid Landing pad?

CJG

Reactions
I have finally got fed-up with my homespun solutions!

The sheet of cardboard folds OK and fits in rucksack, but blows away too often; and using stones to anchor it puts the drones at risk.

The carpet mat works fine; but is too bulky and frankly looks ridiculous strapped to my rucksack!

I have a Mini 2 and a Mavic 2 Pro.

I am looking for one of the folding rigid types (not the big circular ones: they are too large when folded & I haven’t got the origami skills to fold them….!); and I often fly my drones on mountains and other rough terrain, so I need something that will hold its shape and no go bendy!

There are so many on Amazon etc I can’t see the wood for the trees!

What do my UK friends find works for them?

Thanking you in anticipation!

Reactions: Sand dancer.
I bought this from Amazon

Reactions: CJG and TTP
I bought this from Amazon
Thanks @Mikero. I’ll have look. Cheers!

I have finally got fed-up with my homespun solutions!

The sheet of cardboard folds OK and fits in rucksack, but blows away too often; and using stones to anchor it puts the drones at risk.

The carpet mat works fine; but is too bulky and frankly looks ridiculous strapped to my rucksack!

I have a Mini 2 and a Mavic 2 Pro.

I am looking for one of the folding rigid types (not the big circular ones: they are too large when folded & I haven’t got the origami skills to fold them….!); and I often fly my drones on mountains and other rough terrain, so I need something that will hold its shape and no go bendy!

There are so many on Amazon etc I can’t see the wood for the trees!

What do my UK friends find works for them?

Thanking you in anticipation!
I had two old cutting mats and taped them together, they are quite heavy but fold up and easy to carry, cheers Len

I found archery targets at Amazon. With some ingenuity, you may be able to tape it to heavy cardboard in such a way it could be folded and unfolded when needed.

I taped that target to cardboard and used a car mat to keep it stable. Car mats can be rolled up so you could tape the target to the car mat before you roll it up but a car floor mat may be more weight than you would prefer for a backpack.

An Archery target is fairly cheap and I suspect that it can be folded for transport and affixed to a car floor mat at takeoff location. I also printed variations of smaller targets affixed to each of four sections of cardboard that make up a significant landing pad, but one section should be sufficient for portability if you can control land on a 2x3 foot pad.
In my view, the act of a good flyer is the ability to spot land and I practice such landings each time out. Unfortunately, I miss a small 2x3 landing pad about 1 out of every 3 landings, which is the reason I place four 2x3 landing pads for a larger landing area. : )
Also, I noticed someone marketing a round landing pad board about 3 ft in diameter with all equipment affixed with velcro straps that double as a landing pad by hand.

I found archery targets at Amazon. With some ingenuity, you may be able to tape it to heavy cardboard in such a way it could be folded and unfolded when needed.

I taped that target to cardboard and used a car mat to keep it stable. Car mats can be rolled up so you could tape the target to the car mat before you roll it up but a car floor mat may be more weight than you would prefer for a backpack.

An Archery target is fairly cheap and I suspect that it can be folded for transport and affixed to a car floor mat at takeoff location. I also printed variations of smaller targets affixed to each of four sections of cardboard that make up a significant landing pad, but one section should be sufficient for portability if you can control land on a 2x3 foot pad.
In my view, the act of a good flyer is the ability to spot land and I practice such landings each time out. Unfortunately, I miss a small 2x3 landing pad about 1 out of every 3 landings, which is the reason I place four 2x3 landing pads for a larger landing area. : )
Also, I noticed someone marketing a round landing pad board about 3 ft in diameter with all equipment affixed with velcro straps that double as a landing pad by hand.
It’s very easy to make a landing pad that will not blow away, I cut an oblong larger that the drone I am flying out of some spare patterned cushion floor, light to carry, easy to roll up and will not blow away, just remember to pick it back up after use , not like myself , I keep forgetting it, cheers Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98