DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any ebay recommendations for buying 8331 low noise props?

Pointbob

Reactions
Hey all. I succumbed and bought some $5 props (set of 4 low noise) and Only flew them once for a short time..but they were indeed quieter.

BUT they were terribly tight fitting...almost impossible to remove and I got prop warnings on my dji go app as well. So not using them again. Any tips on reputable ebay merchants selling these dji props.

THANKS

Pretty much any authorized dealer should be reputable. I know Drone Nerds sells some stuff on EBay, not sure about the props per se.

Whether on EBay or elsewhere I'd always make sure they are coming from an authorized dealer. Too many fakes out there, even on the big name stores like Amazon. Props are not a good place to pinch pennies.

Reactions: maverickau
Hey all. I succumbed and bought some $5 props (set of 4 low noise) and Only flew them once for a short time..but they were indeed quieter.

BUT they were terribly tight fitting...almost impossible to remove and I got prop warnings on my dji go app as well. So not using them again. Any tips on reputable ebay merchants selling these dji props.

THANKS
I bought a set of carbon-fiber low noise props from Wish for $8.00.
I have had no issues and no warnings. When I received them they were very stiff, so I simply sprayed a little WD40 on the hinges and worked them in, that’s all you need to do. The props will loosen after a few flights.

Safe flying Pointbob

I would NOT buy props off of eBay. To me it is not worth saving a couple of bucks and risk crashing a 1K drone. I only buy props from an authorized DJI vender. No third party peddler.

Last edited:
I just got my set from amazon in th UK
£18.40 for 2 pair
Genuine Dji ones too,
Not test flown them yet but they do seem incredibly thin and flimsy

I have bought props directly from DJI, from DJI's amazon web site and they have been ok. BTW there are other sellers on Amazon who might not be selling official DJI props.

I had email conversations with DJI's prop manufacturer in china when they were showing up on eBay and Amazon, prior to the official availability of the low noise props on the DJI web site. The manufacturer told me to wait until the props became available on the Official DJI web site before I buy them. They made no comment about third party manufacturers nor defective or rejected props being sold on eBay or Amazon, but, Just that their recommendation was to only buy DJI. Some how, bad props were get out, being sold, and Mavics were crashing. So you can read between the lines as to what they are really trying to tell me.

I just got my set from amazon in th UK
£18.40 for 2 pair
Genuine Dji ones too,
Not test flown them yet but they do seem incredibly thin and flimsy

The new props have a thinner trailing edge, different curve, seem to flutter more during flight, be fly ok. take off and hover, if the bird seem stable or ok, the probably ok. If you don't feel comfortable with them, don't use them. There also has been reports of the props hitting the Mavic body during sport mode or quick maneuvers. Also, You should be running current FW on the Mavic Pro for the motors to work properly, has something to do with the changes to the ESC. The motors need to run slower for the new props.

The new props have a thinner trailing edge, different curve, seem to flutter more during flight, be fly ok. take off and hover, if the bird seem stable or ok, the probably ok. If you don't feel comfortable with them, don't use them. There also has been reports of the props hitting the Mavic body during sport mode or quick maneuvers. Also, You should be running current FW on the Mavic Pro for the motors to work properly, has something to do with the changes to the ESC. The motors need to run slower for the new props.
I probably not seeing something, but how would the firmware make any difference? It already runs the motors at the correct speed no matter what right? I saw a video where a guy cut off half a prop and it still ran the motors at correct speed. If the motors need to run slower for the new props, wouldn't it do it automatically to keep position and all that?

I agree with what’s been said ....Go to a DJI dealer. Why try and save just a few $/€/£’s on props when you could be risking the full cost of your Mavic! Remember, you only cry once when you buy quality!

When I first bought the 8331 props, I didn't know that they were not originals from DJI. The quality is so far off from the originals. I returned them to Amazon and bought from DJI directly.

Reactions: KevinT
I probably not seeing something, but how would the firmware make any difference? It already runs the motors at the correct speed no matter what right? I saw a video where a guy cut off half a prop and it still ran the motors at correct speed. If the motors need to run slower for the new props, wouldn't it do it automatically to keep position and all that?
read this
Latest Mavic firmware - lots of new stuff

I bought a set of carbon-fiber low noise props from Wish for $8.00.
I have had no issues and no warnings. When I received them they were very stiff, so I simply sprayed a little WD40 on the hinges and worked them in, that’s all you need to do. The props will loosen after a few flights.

Safe flying Pointbob

Safe flying, buy's cheap prop's

o_O

I was not too optimistic about it being quieter, but I have a set on my bird and it IS indeed quieter than stock. Not sure of Brand though, I got them on a Used MP.

**Edit**
I just checked and they are indeed DJI Brand Low Noise Quick Release Props. [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi