DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any members here hard of hearing?

I rely on vision and maps on my Crystalsky, but I am not trying for any distance records. I have occasionally flipped the map to main view if I lost orientation; like when someone interrupted my concentration.

At 75 hearing loss due to the things I've done over the years is inevitable, so I have to wear hearing aids. I can hear the drone, warnings, surroundings, etc. and locating it by sound within reasonable distance doesn't present a problem. Now after I let it hover for a few seconds to make sure everything is good and then either start waypoints or acend to something above 40 feet, while I can hear it, my old stiff neck doesn't bend enough and have trouble visually locating. Since this can take a bit is another reason to have full batteries. Oh well can't have everything. :cool:

I’m 56yo, have NIHL (noise induced hearing loss) commonly know as industrial deafness.

As inferred by the name it is caused by mostly noise in a working environment, but also things like firearms noise, headphone earbuds young people use up WAY too loud, etc, will have similar effects.

I have bilateral loss of about 73% !!
Pretty much profoundly deaf apparently, but down low I’ve got hearing as good as a baby, but loss increases to 100% in high tones.

I too have hearing aids, but HATE them, wore them for a good decade, strongest ones made (Phonak and Unitron brands) but taking care of them is just not worth the hassle.
For phone calls I use Bluetooth Jabra ear buds, that’s good enough to help me in day to day work related calls etc.

If I want any better help, it will have to be Cochlear technology.

Reactions: Former Member
Look in Cabelas they have good hearing amplifiers....or make apt with my wife at 7000. a set!

Look in Cabelas they have good hearing amplifiers....or make apt with my wife at 7000. a set!

I’ll have a google on them, ta.

My old phonak ones were AUD$11000, current unitron $9000.

Not worth it now.

I am considering IQbuds Boost, more or less you do your own hearing test with them to set them up.
They obviously can’t help me with high tones lost completely, but then hearing aids are the same that way.

For some, these would be a real benefit, and I think I would get some help out of them too.

IQbuds Boost™ | Enhanced Personal Hearing Device, Assistive Listening

Cochlear actually stimulates the nerves inside the ear, so you actually hear the high tones etc again, rather than blasting noise into the ear canals that you can’t hear anyway.

I also have a lot of hearing loss. Being in the artillery did not help, nor a career standing near railway track maintence machine. In my youth we thought hearing protection was for wimps.

Like othets i find aids a nusience and not much use.

Same here, I think it’s got something to do with my wife shouting at me for the last 35 years....:rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph