DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

Unlike most bags on Amazon, it doesn't show a picture of the scale size vs a person carrying it.

We are happy to report we have some new reference images up on the page on our site for the Rugged Case, including one with a person for scale. I have copied the link below:

PolarPro Mavic Air Soft Case - Rugged

Information about the dimensions is also listed, a little further down the page. Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

We are happy to report we have some new reference images up on the page on our site for the Rugged Case, including one with a person for scale. I have copied the link below:

Information about the dimensions is also listed, a little further down the page. Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

You have two different pictures of inside the lid. Does it have a zipper pouch or not? If it does, can you fit the prop guards in it and still be able to close the case?

Reactions: Akimba
You have two different pictures of inside the lid. Does it have a zipper pouch or not? If it does, can you fit the prop guards in it and still be able to close the case?

Asking the real questions. Also, can you fit a tablet like the Samsung tab S2 or ipad mini 4 in the pouch and close it?

Yes there is a zippered pouch (7.5 x 11 inches ) the props fit in but it is a little on the tight side.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: MavicMo
Asking the real questions. Also, can you fit a tablet like the Samsung tab S2 or ipad mini 4 in the pouch and close it?
The zippered pocket is 7.5 x 11 inches so any tablet smaller than those dims would fit in there :)
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro

- Oliver from PolarPro
Thanks for that, looks really nice. Much larger than I expected though.

Here's a video showing the GPC case for the Mavic Air:

Reactions: Rah and Advexure
I received my Polar Pro rugged case and everything fits nicely. It's small and I can access everything much easier than with the Fly More case. My iPad Pro 10.5 fits in the zippered area along with the DJI ND filters, extra props and cables. Polar Pro Case

Last edited:
Nice. Going with this one too, for everyday carry. Probably will get a pelican-style case for traveling.

I received my Polar Pro rugged case and everything fits nicely. It's small and I can access everything much easier than with the Fly More case. My iPad Pro 10.5 fits in the zippered area along with the DJI ND filters, extra props and cables. Polar Pro Case
Does this case fit in a backpack ? When I travel, I put my drone in a backpack and take that backpack with me as a carry on (drone is usually in some sort of case, then thrown in my backpack). Looks small, but thick (That's what she said !).

Does this case fit in a backpack ? When I travel, I put my drone in a backpack and take that backpack with me as a carry on (drone is usually in some sort of case, then thrown in my backpack). Looks small, but thick (That's what she said !).

Had that question as well, will let you know for sure when I get mine if Akimba doesn't. Looking at the dimensions (8.5 x 12 x 5 inches) on their website, I felt like it should easily fit in my backpack. That, and the zippered pouch fitting my tablet are why I pulled the trigger.

Depends on the backpack I guess. I don’t have one. It’s pretty dang small though.

Reactions: scott rand
I absolutely love the Nanuk 920 case for my Mavic Pro (shown here) so I'm going to wait for them to make a case for the Air. The latches on other cases kept breaking and these are the best design I've seen yet.
fda3db04b0bc3bb44862c3e05bd0c344.jpg

I don't know if you get a carrying case when you just buy the Mavic Air. I bought the Fly More Combo, and I am very pleased with the case that comes with that. It holds the drone, 4 batteries, the charger and its cords, the controller, and has a zippered pocket where you can put extra propellers and a few other small items. It's actually smaller than the case I have for my Spark.

Last edited:
MC Cases are the Ferrari under the Cases,
I try many Cases Firm like Pelikan, Nanuk ..a.s.o, but in my mind the MC Cases had the best foam and have more space for additional equipment like more props, batteries and so on, then other cases

I use now only MC Cases for my drones and the resistance of the foam is great, in my other cases the foam peel of if use the cases in tough ways.
Sure the MC Cases cost some buck more but it is worth, like an Ferrari
623F9EDE-BB57-47DF-B4AB-61E1CE95C969.png
99044238-FF65-4D29-954B-3A1B5F7CC593.jpeg

A62FC164-667D-49AF-8C59-631151593EA1.jpeg

F2B7CD2C-43C5-4B82-8B24-6C12DA860963.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member