DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried spherical 360 panoramas yet?

These are all very nice!

Suggestion: Put a inexpensive “FeauPro” on top of your Mavic set on timer mode (1 per 10 seconds or so) to get your overhead nadir shot. You don’t need a very high resolution camera for it, just a standard resolution one will work. And for the mount, just use standard stick on Velcro.
Great idea! Thanks!

Reactions: AMann
Are you doing any HDR’s? Your exposures are very nice and sharp.

Also, what is uour stitching program? I use Hugin.
For the spherical panos I do not use HDR. The richness, on that day, came from an ND16 filter. The stitching is completely done by DJI's stitching software. It's all processed within the DJI smart controller after the photos are taken. Having come from using PTGui, this DJI software is a godsend! It has worked flawlessly. Gives me a hi-res jpg pano, which I have been very happy with. The jpg is usually around 15 mb. I still have the raw .dng files, which I could stitch together using a separate program, but I have not seen the need to do that. I do usually import the pano DJI produces into Photoshop to just sometimes tweak the sharpening, highlights/shadows and colors. Then I run it through an app called "exif fixer" which makes it compatible with Facebook and Kuula.

For the spherical panos I do not use HDR. The richness, on that day, came from an ND16 filter. The stitching is completely done by DJI's stitching software. It's all processed within the DJI smart controller after the photos are taken. Having come from using PTGui, this DJI software is a godsend! It has worked flawlessly. Gives me a hi-res jpg pano, which I have been very happy with. The jpg is usually around 15 mb. I still have the raw .dng files, which I could stitch together using a separate program, but I have not seen the need to do that. I do usually import the pano DJI produces into Photoshop to just sometimes tweak the sharpening, highlights/shadows and colors. Then I run it through an app called "exif fixer" which makes it compatible with Facebook and Kuula.

I used to use PTGui as well. Made separate HDR’s to stitch with it. Will the DJI program let you add a seperate vertical nadir shot?

I don't think you can modify the stitching process and add the nadir image. That would have to be done back in another stitching program. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for what I am doing!

Some new panoramas from the last few days. Mavic Pro 2, ND16 filter. A bit of sharpening & color correction in Photoshop.

Reactions: Latawiec
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser