DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried spherical 360 panoramas yet?

Hi,

Worked fine with mine.

I downloaded the flat 2d image that was generated by the drone and uploaded it directly to nadirpatch.com for IFEXing it. Took about 30 seconds and it asked me to save sphere to my phone or PC ... that’s actually all.

You can also use the IOS app “Sync for DJI” to accomplish this task offline, by downloading image to app.
I haven’t done that yet but the options are in the app.

Hope that helps.
Jake

Ah, just a bit northeast of me - nice terrain - good wines! (g)
Yes, Sue and I often go to the Seattle area. We have a home in Friday Harbor, were married there as well and occasionally catch a Mariners games. Love the Pacific Northwest!

Reactions: ff22
Excellent.
Fantastic image. Question for you. I noticed that you get that vertical line in the sky where the colors don't quite match. I've gotten this also. Do you know what causes it? Have you discovered a fix for it?

Fantastic image. Question for you. I noticed that you get that vertical line in the sky where the colors don't quite match. I've gotten this also. Do you know what causes it? Have you discovered a fix for it?
I also noticed this behaviour when shooting and stitching via internal software. It seems like my M2P ignores "manual mode" when shooting the sphere pano and adjusts aperture, iso-value and exposure (or even some of it) corresponding the brightness of the motive. Could this be true?

The motive from @spmartin in post #46 is quite uniform because there's no sun and shadow in it. But in my post further above you can see vertical lines in the snow left (or on the opposite) of the village.

I also noticed this behaviour when shooting and stitching via internal software. It seems like my M2P ignores "manual mode" when shooting the sphere pano and adjusts aperture, iso-value and exposure (or even some of it) corresponding the brightness of the motive. Could this be true?

The motive from @spmartin in post #46 is quite uniform because there's no sun and shadow in it. But in my post further above you can see vertical lines in the snow left (or on the opposite) of the village.
Thanks for your response. Let's see what others can offer as a solution. Again, great images!

Thanks for your response. Let's see what others can offer as a solution. Again, great images!
Your welcome and thank you :)

I really like the built-in stitching software because it adds a corresponding sky to the top and generates a seemless sphere. Haven't found a software, that does the job as good as that... but I do have lines from one tile to the other from time to time.

In Lightroom for example, you don't have the possibility to add the sky (to the north pole of the thought sphere) and it also cuts away photo information on the bottom, causing the sphere pano to look very weird.

World class 360!! Fantastic quality. Nice work. I have found that so much of getting a good pano is waiting until the sun is high overhead.

Reactions: calmar81
I love all of the panoramas that everyone has shown and I thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to attempt my first one as soon as the weather permits. I noticed most are sharing them on the Kuula website, I would like view mine offline on my iPad. Are there any apps anyone would recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I want to do pano’s in areas with overhead details (forest overstory and canopy, etc.) I put an extra “GoPro” on top of my M2P looking up. Its simply set to timed trigger and gets the final overhead nadir shot very cleanly.

Here are some new 360 Panos. Taken on April 21, 2019 with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

Washington & Lee University #1
Lexington, Lee Chapel, Washington & Lee campus.

Washington & Lee University #2
Washington & Lee University Photo taken on April 21, 2019 with DJI Mavic 2 Pro

Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, VA
Virginia Military Institute.

Riverbend Home, Lexington, VA
Beautiful Home for Sale in Lexington, VA

These are all very nice!

Suggestion: Put a inexpensive “FeauPro” on top of your Mavic set on timer mode (1 per 10 seconds or so) to get your overhead nadir shot. You don’t need a very high resolution camera for it, just a standard resolution one will work. And for the mount, just use standard stick on Velcro.

Last edited:
Has DJI fixed it by now whereby one can upload the 360 “flat” photo directly to Facebook and it will recognize it as a 360 pano?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King