DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asus Zenpad S 8 (Z580CA) tablet laggy

joot

Reactions
Hello. I have an Asus Zenpad S 8 (Z580CA) model with 4 gigs ram and 64 gigs internal memory. Screen resolution is 2048 X 1536. With that kind of specs., I thought it would run the DJI Go app real smooth....but nope, it's real laggy. Not sure if the tablet has too many background apps running or transmission between MA to tablet is bad. Hate to buy another tablet again...anybody else using this tablet...?

Have you turned on any special camera settings such as over exposure or focus peaking these have a massive overhead on the cpu and can cause video lag

^^ No special camera settings are set at all. Everything is set to default. MSINGER, thank you for the guide. I shall read your guide to see if I may have missed anything.

WhatWis laggy? The user interface or the video? It'll probably be poor video connection to the drone rather than an issue with tablet. Try putting it in airplane mode.

WhatWis laggy? The user interface or the video? It'll probably be poor video connection to the drone rather than an issue with tablet. Try putting it in airplane mode.

The video was laggy. It's choppy, stuttering...like a second behind on the screen versus the MV camera. This tablet does not have cellular service, no sim card.

go to settings and try smooth mode not reg mode and see if it helps, also as an alternative u could try litchi, i found it works awsome on lower spec devices, i have a cheap 89 dollar blu phone from amazon and dji barely runs but litchis is smooth on it

go to settings and try smooth mode not reg mode and see if it helps, also as an alternative u could try litchi, i found it works awsome on lower spec devices, i have a cheap 89 dollar blu phone from amazon and dji barely runs but litchis is smooth on it

^^How is the video transmission? Is it smooth too?

yes i tried all 3 video setting, smooth reg and hd, i think changing theem alters your video settting for rec too though but i rarely record so i could care less if its in 4k or 1080 or 720 i only use the mav for photos, try smooth and see if it helps u, if not consider litchi as it seems to have less resources built in, or if u want theres a few modded dji go apps floating around, i am testing one as we speak, i cant say the video tranmossion is any better but its def not worse haha

very surprised its glitchy for u though, i have a asus lazer phone and its awsome runnung dji, and its prob less spec than your tablet, i luv the asus phone and i have a asus chrome book laptop thats aalso awsome very fast for what it is

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002