DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery swelled underneath

abdulkaliq

Reactions
Hey

One of my MP battery ( swelling or puffiness ) I dont know the exact description but the attached images shows the battery.
The normal battery and the effected battery.
The normal used 52 times and the effected 81 times.
I am wondering if it will cause explosion and I have to stop using it bcz that ?!
Any one can help me and tell me what to do?
b048b152d4093c8af0e16187c413c701.jpg
53e206d380fd6f3c8e9080e9913308e8.jpg

I would hope DJI would replace them computer companies I deal with all do as long as I can show that our company is the original purchaser

Reactions: abdulkaliq
I had an Apple battery swell like that. Apple said the batteries are designed to swell when the are failing so that you realize they are failing. Could be the same situation here. Like other have said, get it replaced.

You should never use that battery for flight again. At best it has reduced capacity, and at worst it will pop itself off the platform in flight and the rest will go down in history. One of the biggest reasons for this is excessive discharge at some point.

I will never EVER buy DJI batteries again! Had qty 5 of them. ALL did the same only recharged about 35-50 times before they swelled as yours have done. Have been flying PowerExtra batteries for the past 18 months without incident. Check out this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SFLYW6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You may wanna check out the PowerExtra battery charger too - can't say enough good things about their products:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X94L9P7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Love my Mavic Pro - pairing it with PowerExtra has been 100% positive for me.
Cheers
Hope this helps

I will never EVER buy DJI batteries again! Had qty 5 of them. ALL did the same only recharged about 35-50 times before they swelled as yours have done. Have been flying PowerExtra batteries for the past 18 months without incident. Check out this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077SFLYW6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You may wanna check out the PowerExtra battery charger too - can't say enough good things about their products:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X94L9P7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Love my Mavic Pro - pairing it with PowerExtra has been 100% positive for me.
Cheers
Hope this helps

Thank you for that great advice, it worth try and good price.

Wonder if warranty is affected by use of aftermarket batteries. DJI would likely be able to tell if used since DJI batteries register on activation and without that their could be a discrepancy between flight and battery use in logs. Just thinking out loud.

Wonder if warranty is affected by use of aftermarket batteries. DJI would likely be able to tell if used since DJI batteries register on activation and without that their could be a discrepancy between flight and battery use in logs. Just thinking out loud.

[emoji174][emoji22] , I will re-think about that. Thank you .
I just email dji support about the problem and waiting for response.

How would they know ? :oops:

Really just depends on how long you have owned your Mavic Pro. I got one of the 1st so warranty is not an issue for me. If you have recently purchased your Mavic it would be entirely up to you what batteries you decide to use - I am just confirming a reliable alternative as have had ABSOLUTELY no problems with PowerExtra they are a very responsible outfit with exceptional after sales service too. Confidence in your battery is paramount!

That is one poofy battery. My advice is to take it outside, put it in an open area, walk 30-40 feet in any direction, and turn around and shoot it. Everyone likes fireworks!

I’ve crunched the numbers and concluded that everyone likes fireworks, except for those who have been burned by fireworks. Changes nothing though. Shoot it!

Hey

One of my MP battery ( swelling or puffiness ) I dont know the exact description but the attached images shows the battery.
The normal battery and the effected battery.
The normal used 52 times and the effected 81 times.
I am wondering if it will cause explosion and I have to stop using it bcz that ?!
Any one can help me and tell me what to do?
b048b152d4093c8af0e16187c413c701.jpg
53e206d380fd6f3c8e9080e9913308e8.jpg

This is a clear sign that moisture is getting inside the battery. We noticed right away flying the Mavic Pro in the Rain that this was the result along with water inside the battery compartment.

It only takes a little bit of moisture for this to be the result, as we have tested the batteries under running water and in the rain.

We recommend you Invest in the Mavic Pro Wet Suit and get the Neoprene Battery covers to make your batteries last, as they are to expensive to be ruined like this.

We offer a 2 extra battery covers for all Forum members.
The battery covers protect the Power Plug and the Battery seals air tight on the Mavic Pro when locked in.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.58.56 PM.png

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org

Gear to fly in and out of the storm.

Last edited:
The cells themselves are sealed. No external moisture should be getting inside them.

You would think that would be the case , we also thought that battery when flying would stop the rain from getting in but that was not the case either. These batteries are very prone to moisture and this is the end result.

The good news is that once the batteries are sealed properly , they can get thru some serious rain and keep on going with no side effects.
I included a picture above of the Battery Covers that come with the Mavic Wet Suits.

I've had two like this and another total failure on the original mavic, just bought the M2P and the battery that came with it was dead on arrival. SO sick of DJI batteries!!

I've had two like this and another total failure on the original mavic, just bought the M2P and the battery that came with it was dead on arrival. SO sick of DJI batteries!!
Sorry to hear. I’ve had six now, 3, M1 and 3, M2, with hundreds of flights, still on original batteries. As a general rule, I land them at 20-25 percent. Just curious, how far you’re pushing yours? No excuse for the DOA, but manufacturing things happen, I guess. I have found the DJIs, to be much better than generic brands.

Robert, I think I have only ever pushed two flights to near 20%, every other one has been >30%. The worst thing in returning them is that it is so difficult especially from the middle of the Australian outback, so of course I don't bother! At least with the M2 the Australian retailer in town (Harvey Norman) chose to own the DOA issue and gave me a replacement from stock, leaving them to sort it out with the DJI Rep in Australia.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky