DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Look. You guys really think, that with a few dozen geeks bothering their CSRs all day every day, that a website error would still be showing 10/31 delivery?

I don't know. I feel like if it WASNT going to happen they would have changed something or said something. Instead, ever inquiry to Best Buy confirms they will be shipping for delivery in 10/31

That's all I got.

You do realize UPS and Fedex moves packages on weekends. If they ship tomorrow it will still make it by Monday.

Yes I do, but overnight, 2nd day, - weekend days don't count (overnight with Sat delivery - insanely expensive) Ship tomorrow for overnight is the only way they can ship tomorrow for 10/31. Oh there may be some in ground range of their shipping locations so we'll just have to see what happens in the next 36 hours, eh?

Yes I do, but overnight, 2nd day, - weekend days don't count (overnight with Sat delivery - insanely expensive) Ship tomorrow for overnight is the only way they can ship tomorrow for 10/31. Oh there may be some in ground range of their shipping locations so we'll just have to see what happens in the next 36 hours, eh?

I guess we will all know our fate soon....

I was told by the BB reps (talked to 2 different reps) not to worry and that I was one of the lucky people who are going to receive one. They stated it would ship on Friday and to check my order on
Friday for the tracking number. I ordered on
The 24th of this month by the way. I also have an existing DJI order in play that I have zero confidence in.

I think Friday is the magic day.

You do realize UPS and Fedex moves packages on weekends. If they ship tomorrow it will still make it by Monday.
told

Last I talked with a representative (for what that's worth), they stated that they had a specific "street date" of Monday. If, in fact they do ship, then they have been holding back because they were not supposed to release it before that date due to an internal policy or agreement with DJI.

I do notice that the product detail page now says 'standard shipping - Nov 2, 2-day Oct 31'

So standard has slipped a day from yesterday. Of course standard could deliver early via ground...

I do notice that the product detail page now says 'standard shipping - Nov 2, 2-day Oct 31'

So standard has slipped a day from yesterday. Of course standard could deliver early via ground...

Hmm...that's weird. When I click "see when you can get it"....it tells me that it's not available.

At this point I've cancelled my DJI direct order and gotten a refund, so I'm putting all my eggs in the Best Buy basket and hoping my order does actually come on the 31st. :)

Seems that different parts of the country are seeing sometimes different messages on their site. This was about 10 minutes ago.

I was told by the BB reps (talked to 2 different reps) not to worry and that I was one of the lucky people who are going to receive one. They stated it would ship on Friday and to check my order on
Friday for the tracking number. I ordered on
The 24th of this month by the way. I also have an existing DJI order in play that I have zero confidence in.

I think Friday is the magic day.

told
I ordered on the same day hoping I get it by Monday. If it doesn't go out tomorrow, then we should be worried. BestBuy is usually right on with shipping. I feel pretty confident.

Reactions: tonytafarella
Looks like some people cancelled their orders or received more inventory, I was able to get to checkout screen.

I can also confirm that BB is no longer taking orders & they were both last night & this morning. Interested to see how it all plays out. Would make sense for DJI to fulfill orders to its retailers first as much as that stinks for someone who ordered directly from DJI thinking it would give them an advantage in the pecking order. #waiting

you can count on stores getting them first...the place i ordered from had an NDA with DJI and had ordered hundreds of mavics before the press release even came out about the mavic...and im sure places like apple and best buy probably did the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thought about changing mine to 'ship to store', because maybe I might get it earlier in the day, but why change anything at this point and risk some sort of screw up.

Reactions: tonytafarella
I don't think store pick up would be a good idea, it's just something else to possible mess up. When I spoke to BB yesterday she told me it wasn't even an option. I'm guessing it would screw up their logistics.

Technically they can ship it out sat morning and we could receive it Monday . I used to work for ups and if you believe deliveries don't move on sundays you will be quite suprised. Planes dont fall out of the air in transit because it's Sunday ... workers don't stop loading trucks because it's Sunday .... only delivery is closed Sunday so stop with the logistics questions it would just come later in the day as drivers are more backed up on Monday Tuesday

If it comes sweet if not just wait like we have been
No need to be negitive ... ppl did that with new egg and ppl who did looked dumb when someone who ordered on the 15th got his order... don't be that guy ;)

Last edited:
Just tried checking order status from BB and it says 'order information currently unavailable try again later'. Anyone else getting this? I was able to check it this morning.

Since nothing from DJI other than orders placed on the first two days are moving, the only hope I have for getting this thing before the middle or end of November is my BB order.

Just tried checking order status from BB and it says 'order information currently unavailable try again later'. Anyone else getting this? I was able to check it this morning.

i cant even login. I think their website is jacked right now

Technically they can ship it out sat morning and we could receive it Monday . I used to work for ups and if you believe deliveries don't move on sundays you will be quite suprised. Planes dont fall out of the air in transit because it's Sunday ... workers don't stop loading trucks because it's Sunday .... only delivery is closed Sunday so stop with the logistics questions it would just come later in the day as drivers are more backed up on Monday Tuesday

If it comes sweet if not just wait like we have been
No need to be negitive ... ppl did that with new egg and ppl who did looked dumb when someone who ordered on the 15th got his order... don't be that guy ;)

no but do they count weekend days in transit time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook