DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to mount two strobes

Harold Morgan

Reactions
Hi. Mavic air. Bought two strobes cannot decide where to mount. Illustration puts both on front struts. Seen suggestions for everyplace. What has worked best for you?

mount them diagonally for better weight distribution (front left and back rear or vice versa)

What has worked best for you?
I found them to be most visible when pointed forward on the front arms or backward on the rear arms -- like this:

1569176423244.png

Reactions: gamayun
I have an Arc II and Velcro to the battery. Let’s me see it no matter the position.

Hi. Mavic air. Bought two strobes cannot decide where to mount. Illustration puts both on front struts. Seen suggestions for everyplace. What has worked best for you?

I think some part of recommendations will be what brand and type of strobe you bought, along with colour.
Can you advise ?

mount them diagonally for better weight distribution (front left and back rear or vice versa)

I wouldn't do this for weight distribution specifically, the motors can easily cope with minor discrepancies.

I would do it so I could see the strobes from front and rear though, and if flying side on either way and they weren't easily visible, just a quick yaw and one would show up.
This is where a white on the rear and any other colour on the front.
I guess if someone bought 2 white strobes, at least you can sight where in the sky it is.
Using the map display should easily tell orientation.

Still prefer 4 in standard aircraft orientation. Increases VLOS flying out and flying back. Plus aids visual recognition of the drones orientation. Vids are 11 seconds each. Notice the ground.

Reactions: gamayun
Maybe 2 white on the front, green/red on the back struts and one on top for night flights, so it's clearly visible from higher altitude? That would definitely be part 107 compliant (as long as white strobes are visible 3 miles out)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan