DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE MAVIC 2 PRO OWNERS!! >>PROCESSOR CHIP OVERHEAT ISSUES<<

Well just had the first flight on my M2P. Absolute zero problems. I did all of the updates and stationary testing before taking it up. No overheating even during a 20 minute flight.

Are you sure you removed all of those little stickers covering cameras and cooling vents?

Reactions: dtp and jedpotts
Might I suggest a little BBQ sauce to help it go down easier.

HELP!!! My Mavic 2 Pro fell out of sky into lake
Just skimmed the link you shared and I didn't see any logs shared. Multiple people were also asking that OP to share the logs as well. Stories like these aren't productive for the community unless there are logs to accompany them. Evidence is everything. Photos of a crashed drone and a story on the internet aren't enough for me.

If the drone is overheating within around 5 minutes of air time, it’s clearly just a factory defect. I wouldn’t worry for the rest of us, but I hope the OP gets it sorted ASAP because it sucks either way.
This seems to be right in line with what I have read about the Mavic Pro, and the Air having overheating issues. It doesn’t just seem like a fluke! It is killing me as I SO want to purchase a Pro or Air but do not want to get caught up with faulty units due to poor q.c problems!

Reactions: Former Member
This seems to be right in line with what I have read about the Mavic Pro, and the Air having overheating issues. It doesn’t just seem like a fluke! It is killing me as I SO want to purchase a Pro or Air but do not want to get caught up with faulty units due to poor q.c problems!
Oh come on. They are few and far between. Virtually every incident has been pilot error in some form or fashion. But, just like any complex piece of equipment there will be defects and some that have experienced failures have largely been well cared for by DJI. You are missing out on a great experience and I feel sorry for you.

I never had problem with Mavic Air, yes vent are loud but never had overheating or message or anything and I had use him in hot weather, 3 batteries one after another so....

Reactions: Former Member
Bear in mind how clumsy you were the first few times you flew a drone.

It's really easy to bump something especially if in your eagerness the place you started from was less than ideal.
Now they are loaded with obstacle sensors the main effect is risk compensation and (some) new owners have the idea it almost can't be crashed, probably going so far as deliberately going towards objects to test it.

Then something happens and a semi-plausible hardware issue is invented to try for free replacement.
Lets face it if you only flew a few minutes and binned it you might think it worth a try.
No doubt a few genuine hardware issues will surface but take all these new owner disaster stories with a pinch of salt.

A common theme so far is no logs posted because they didn't even know about that record.

My DJI Shipping priority code expires Sept 1st. I’m still waiting for reviews of the first owners but to be honest, I think we all have to wait for the first wave of MP2 drones because I’m seeing this and also someone with gimbal issues about a glued part.

****, I flew today 92deg 72% humidity. Flew mixed slow and low a few short dashes and hovering. Some qat max altitude set at 400ft same mixed flight.

The unit was pretty warm. No issues, however it was warmer than I liked it to be.

Is there a way to see the CPU TEMP in the settings?

Reactions: Mitch
****, I flew today 92deg 72% humidity. Flew mixed slow and low a few short dashes and hovering. Some qat max altitude set at 400ft same mixed flight.

The unit was pretty warm. No issues, however it was warmer than I liked it to be.

Is there a way to see the CPU TEMP in the settings?

The core board passes its heat to the heat sink. Best to take a temp reading of your bottom heat sink. Should not exceed 120-130°f.

Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!

When we got our first Mavic Pro (Colgate University), it overheated when just trying to do the first firmware update. I never even got a chance to fly it. The fans never kicked in. I was very new to DJI drones at the time and thought it was odd that I had to pick up the Mavic Pro with my hoody sleeve.

I sent a message to DJI and was then told to send it back and another would be sent right away. We received the new one and it was fine...."stuff happens"

It is not only Mavic Pro 2 that can have over heated processor problem.. My Mavic Air (6 months old) developed the same fault a few days ago. Return from a 12 minute flight and all was well. Changed battery and tried to fly again. Message on monitor screen about over heated processor and would be OK when cooled. To shorten story ... 3 days later still would not fly. DJI dealer thought problem due to fan fault. Returned drone and one week later they can not get message to appear and they have flown the drone. Waiting for further testing.

My experience with the MP2:
The very first flight I used up two batteries and the ambient temperature was in the high 80s. I noticed after each battery the mavic was pretty warm to the touch. But the aircraft seem to fly fine and the camera recorded video with no problems at all.
The next second time I flew the mavic it was a perfectly clear sunny day and the temperature outside was 90 degrees when I started to fly with the first battery. I flew three flights in a row with about 5 minutes between each flight. Each flight brought each battery down to about 18% when I landed. One of the flights I was just hovering doing hyperlapse. Another flight I was in sport mode most of the time. I have to admit in sport mode the aircraft was very warm I would say hot. But again the aircraft seem to fly fine video transmission was fine, video recording and still shots were fine. I noticed no problems at all. But it was in the back of my mind that the aircraft is getting pretty warm, with that said it was also an extremely hot day. I've had my MP1 get very hot in the past but again never had any issues with the aircraft just dying.
I just wanted to put that out there that this is my experience flying it the very first two times in extremely hot weather running it through the sport mode and still the aircraft work fine.

Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!

When you updated it it would have been sitting longer than if it was flying. Cooling fan should have be heard?

I have flown about 8 flights now in 98° South Texas heat and no issues so far. *Knock on wood*

On the Mavic 1, the fan output on the core board sometimes dies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio