DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE MAVIC 2 PRO OWNERS!! >>PROCESSOR CHIP OVERHEAT ISSUES<<

This seems to be right in line with what I have read about the Mavic Pro, and the Air having overheating issues.

New one to me and I have an Air. I read the forums and have never seen a post on this except for when it is extremely hot out.

Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!
What was the outside temperature when this issue cropped up? Maybe a cooling fan failure?

I have 2 1/2 hours of flight time on mine. My average outside temps are about 95 degrees. Not having any problems at all. Aircraft is warm after a flight but similar to other aircraft flown on a hot day.

Reactions: lolo780
I've flown close to 15 batteries over the course of 2 days with distances beyond 7k feet and even during a very windy storm front with zero issues. Bird is incredibly stable, runs a little warm but nothing that would cause any concern.

want to purchase a Pro or Air but do not want to get caught up with faulty units due to poor q.c problems

I live in the high temps of Arizona and I can only speak for my M2P. My first flight out of the box my takeoff temp was 98 degrees F. I flew until it was well into the low battery but not into emergency. When it landed it was cooler than my MPP. Just my experience.

It looks like this was mentioned only once, but if this is real I’d bet a dollar on not removing the stickers covering the vents. They are definitely small and if your eagerness to fly resembles a fat kid running to cake, you might easily overlook this.
Ha! Not very PC but funny.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
@Jedi , can you post the logs? It’s not about proving you right or wrong... I take you at your word. It’s about figuring out what happened. Your logs could help out the rest of us in the future.

Reactions: JDawg
I live in the high temps of Arizona and I can only speak for my M2P. My first flight out of the box my takeoff temp was 98 degrees F. I flew until it was well into the low battery but not into emergency. When it landed it was cooler than my MPP. Just my experience.
Good to know as I also live in Arizona (Surprise ) I'm also concerned about the heat as the UAV app always warns me it is to hot to fly but it should be cooling off here in a few weeks .

Reactions: Turn11
but it should be cooling off here in a few weeks
As you see I am over to the west. Our daytime high has gotten down to the mid 100's. I do not think about going up if it is much over 90. That was the first time I had gone up when takeoff was that high. I know the book says 104 Max but really don't want to loose it to something like that.

Reactions: Kingram
Hi everyone, its sad that this is my very first post on this forum and I dont really post anywhere online, but I just wanted to put it out there and tell everyone who has just purchased a mavic 2 pro to beware.

If you have a new mavic pro 2 fly really low to start and make sure it does not overheat!

I just received my mavic 2 pro and flew about 2 ft for a minute or two then 6 ft for a minute or two and then I took it to 15ft and the processor overheated and the drone turned off in the air and my nice new mavic 2 pro fell to the ground.

Now I'm stuck waiting for an email with instructions to send my brand new mavic pro 2 back, to then wait some more for them to evaluate what happened and possibly send me a replacement.

Needless to say I AM NOT a HAPPY DJI CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!
Thanks for the head-up. Decided to run a test on my M2P with fully charged battery & RC. I flew to about 12 ft and continued until my 25% battery notice ... this was about 20 - 22 minute into the test. Waited for another couple minutes and then landed. The good news ... M2P was not hot at all ... seemed quite normal. Why my concern ... first low level test flight after receiving drone, with OA still on, I did think the underside of the unit was quite hot so was concerned when I saw your message. Interesting ... don't see any 30 minute flights in my future with the 25% battery warning.

Reactions: Kingram
I am sure they will use liquid nitrogen to allow for super-conduction.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty