DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEWARE MAVIC 2 PRO OWNERS!! >>PROCESSOR CHIP OVERHEAT ISSUES<<

Mavic 2 Pro, 34 flights, 11 hours airtime, and 123 miles since 8/29. Outdoor temps in the mid 90's (except for a couple of hyperlapses just after sundown). After any flight the body of the aircraft is no hotter than my Mavic Pro and the batteries seem a little cooler.

I have my 1.5 year old mp1 with over 1700 miles on her i 6 batts back to back almost every day. I live in s.w florida and it's hot as hell here never a problem with overheating. i will be getting a mp2 but i will wait a few months.

Mavic 2 Pro, 34 flights, 11 hours airtime, and 123 miles since 8/29. Outdoor temps in the mid 90's (except for a couple of hyperlapses just after sundown). After any flight the body of the aircraft is no hotter than my Mavic Pro and the batteries seem a little cooler.

Go Robert Go! If anyone can testify to the durability of the Mavic line, it would be you.

Shoot! Got mine today, first short flight over land was ok, but the drone does hum when turned on even when the props are stopped. Must be overheating even at home, we have +27C now in Spain. I was planning to fly it from the boat over the sea, now scared. Another issue is that DJI Go 4 was constantly crashing on my Asus Zenfone 2 - so there is a chance I won't have any logs?!

Shoot! Got mine today, first short flight over land was ok, but the drone does hum when turned on even when the props are stopped. Must be overheating even at home, we have +27C now in Spain. I was planning to fly it from the boat over the sea, now scared. Another issue is that DJI Go 4 was constantly crashing on my Asus Zenfone 2 - so there is a chance I won't have any logs?!
Are you sure you're not hearing the internal fans? It will make noise even when sitting idle.

Reactions: JDawg
I am currently in Tenerife, 30 Degrees , very Sunny and hot.
Hast about 6 flights with no Problem.
Every flight was about 25 - 29 Minutes.
I dont see that There is an general Problem , Just hysteria ..

Reactions: Robert Granata
I am currently in Tenerife, 30 Degrees
I live in western Arizona USA and we will have summer temperatures of 46 - 47 (115 F) degrees C in the summer. I fly two to three times a week in the morning. Takeoff temperature is between 33.3 and 35 degrees C (92 - 95 F) at takeoff. I fly three(full) batteries on my M2P allowing a couple of minutes in the shade before I change batteries and off again. After my last run the M2P is cooler (battery and belly) than my MPP flying the same way.
Even though the allowable temp is 40 C (104 F) I don't takeoff if the temp is over 35 C.

Reactions: JDawg
This certainly doesn’t seem to be a pervasive issue. With any product there will be a small amount of infant mortality. Many of these will be issues that are almost impossible to catch in factory quality control. As long as DJI stands behind it and replaces it, it’s all good. These are amazingly complex beasts in a very small package. Even with the best manufacturing capabilities in the world there will be some defects.

@Jedi Please upload the flight log TXT file that's stored in the DJI Go 4 app so we can see what occurred during your flight. All flight data and warnings are also stored locally on your phone/tablet so it doesn't matter if your drone won't start up.

I'm a bit skeptical as stories like yours run rampant after every product launch and especially when the crash is user error in an attempt to recoup financial losses. If your log demonstrates otherwise, I'll happily eat crow.

Well I just Joined this forum as my m2z did this exact thing but all I see Is bashing the OP being skeptical. This happened to me before I even Got to fly, it happened while I was Ipfatingbthe firmware out of the box and now it says I cannot Fly every time I turm It in because the processor is critically overheated. As soon as I piwer It in the rear end of the bird gets to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. I have Contacted DJI and no response yet

Well I just Joined this forum as my m2z did this exact thing but all I see Is bashing the OP being skeptical. This happened to me before I even Got to fly, it happened while I was Ipfatingbthe firmware out of the box and now it says I cannot Fly every time I turm It in because the processor is critically overheated. As soon as I piwer It in the rear end of the bird gets to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. I have Contacted DJI and no response yet. I don’t even have any logs to post yet. Very agitated. I own 2 p4ps, and 2 p3ps. I have Over 7,000 hours of Time behind the sticks on drones over the last 6 years. Not counting rc planes and choppers. 1st time in history I’ve ever spent $2,000 on a piece of equipment not to be able to use it

Well I just Joined this forum as my m2z did this exact thing but all I see Is bashing the OP being skeptical. This happened to me before I even Got to fly, it happened while I was Ipfatingbthe firmware out of the box and now it says I cannot Fly every time I turm It in because the processor is critically overheated. As soon as I piwer It in the rear end of the bird gets to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. I have Contacted DJI and no response yet

That sounds like a pretty straightforward warranty issue.

Two things here;
1-it seems like the OP issue as well as mine are not a one time occurrence but a repeat from the MP1 up tonthe MP2 and the MPz, I just Wish I would Have read about it before I dropped The cash.

2. As consumers spending this much money we should not have to wait for DJI to respond or even have to send them back. We should be able to walk into any retailer that sells them and exchange them as is. I dont Have the luxury of waiting days to fly, I purchased The zoom to expand my business into the inspection field and every day I’m not fulfilling my contracts I lose Money.

Two things here;
1-it seems like the OP issue as well as mine are not a one time occurrence but a repeat from the MP1 up tonthe MP2 and the MPz, I just Wish I would Have read about it before I dropped The cash.

2. As consumers spending this much money we should not have to wait for DJI to respond or even have to send them back. We should be able to walk into any retailer that sells them and exchange them as is. I dont Have the luxury of waiting days to fly, I purchased The zoom to expand my business into the inspection field and every day I’m not fulfilling my contracts I lose Money.

LOL

Reactions: Robert Granata
Two things here;

I can't think of any other consumer electronics, or even professional, that would get that treatment. Why would you expect that?

Reactions: Turn11 and zwt100
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61