DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new (one week old) Air2s malfunction while in flight. I didn't find out where it crashed.

• Thread starter Deleted member 146419
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 146419

I was flying my brand new one week old Air2s yesterday up on a hill taking panoramic video of Athens. Suddenly as i was returning it home manually, it popped out some messages about lost gps signal, about sensors not working, then lost connection with the controller. It must have fell from the sky. I wasn't able to retrieve it. It must have landed on a roof. I went to the area last seen on the map but i wasnt able to find it. I didn't do nothing wrong with the control of the flight. I have 2 year care refresh. I've contacted DJI and i'm waiting what they have to say.... I really hope they send me a new one. I'm so depressed about this....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: PeteTheJack
Most likely it did not crash but merely landed somewhere, when you loose signal it is best just to push the Return to home button and try to raise the altitude. If you can, upload your flight log files someone will be able to give you some more details on this and may help you find it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
the screen on my mobile went black. the last thing i saw was the drone turning left (like in fpv). Then i lost track of it. I went to the last seen spot, it is a residential area full of 3-5 floor buildings. I asked some one if the could check on the roof. they didnt find anything. someone in the neighbourhood told me they heard a loud noise (like a crash) nearby. I can't hit doorbells from door to door since i don't know where it is exactly. here's an image from "find my drone". It completely was disconnected from the controller. That was very weird. I will upload the video from flight log to youtube and i will post it in a while here for you to see.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.PNG
    IMG_0740.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
If you post the flight log then it may be possible to make a pretty accurate estimate of where it ended up.
i found the txt and dat files on my phone like it is mentioned in the guide, but they are (#U@(*dfsdUs*$fd#(**$U like this...

the dat and txt files of the last flight

Attachments

• 2021-05-24_20-24-18_FLY023.DAT
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-24_[20-24-25].txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
i went to that building, hit the doorbell in one of the appartments. i aksed a lady to go upstairs on the terrace and she told me she didnt find anything. what can i say? what more can i do? maybe this is where the last place it gave a gps signal. If you look at the video, it says something about NO GPS at the end. Maybe it tried to return home... i really don't know what else to do....

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2021-05-25, 23.14.36.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2021-05-25, 23.14.36.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 72
i went to that building, hit the doorbell in one of the appartments. i aksed a lady to go upstairs on the terrace and she told me she didnt find anything. what can i say? what more can i do? maybe this is where the last place it gave a gps signal. If you look at the video, it says something about NO GPS at the end. Maybe it tried to return home... i really don't know what else to do....
No idea. It could be anywhere on the roof of that building:

1621973694727.png

i found the place... it's on the back side of that image you posted... if only i had a second drone i could go and check out..

i found the place... it's on the back side of that image you posted... if only i had a second drone i could go and check out..
Its a $1000 bill sitting up there somewhere, Just go back and paste some wanted drone signs up and reward.

State it may be on top of one of the nearest building on top of the terraces .
That is all you can do and you may even get someone with a drone call you up and tell you they checked the building out for you. ,

Good luck
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain.

Its a $1000 bill sitting up there somewhere, Just go back and paste some wanted drone signs up and reward.

State it may be on top of one of the nearest building on top of the terraces .
That is all you can do and you may even get someone with a drone call you up and tell you they checked the building out for you. ,

Good luck
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain.
thank you. i will go there with a friend tommorow to check it out with his drone.

The bad news is that, even with Care Refresh, you can only get a replacement if you can send in the old one.

Most likely it did not crash but merely landed somewhere
Landed? By default the drone would return to home on loss of signal.
when you loose signal it is best just to push the Return to home button and try to raise the altitude.
If you've lost signal, pushing any buttons won't have any effect.
As the drone would automatically initiate RTH on loss of signal, there's no need to try to do it yourself.
If the drone was returning, and had regained signal, pressing the RTH button would cancel the RTH.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlswift58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d