DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buffalo/Niagara, NY, Area DJI Groups?

ProfPaul

Reactions
Are there any DJI Spark or Mavic (or other DJI) groups in the Buffalo/Niagara area? I would enjoy getting together with fellow DJI flyers.

I will return to Lockport, NY, in early December (2017) from Singapore, where I'm currently teaching. I'm bringing a Spark I bought here in Singapore home, and I just ordered a Mavic Pro Platinum that I hope to have delivered by the time I'm back. (I'll fly both for a while, and then might sell the Spark, in case anyone is interested.)

I will be joining two area RC clubs. One club is Brauer's Aviators, in Pendleton. The other is the Niagara County RC Club in Lockport. I've already obtained AMA membership, which these clubs require. But I suspect most of the flyers in these clubs will have fixed wing or single rotor aircraft.

Reactions: Martyc6
Paul I am in North Tonawanda. I am interested in getting together with other Mavic Flyers. I just received my MPP a couple of days ago. 7 flights in and am trying it all out. I used to fly RC with Brauers about ten years ago. Get ahold of me when you are back. Joe

Paul I am in North Tonawanda. I am interested in getting together with other Mavic Flyers. I just received my MPP a couple of days ago. 7 flights in and am trying it all out. I used to fly RC with Brauers about ten years ago. Get ahold of me when you are back. Joe

Joe - Thank you for the message. I'll be back i Lockport the end of the first week of December. Let's connect then.

My Mavic is waiting for me in Lockport. I'm flying a Spark here in Singapore now. I'll need to get outside and learn about the Mavic initially, and then take some local trips to get some good photos. One of my target trips is to 30-Mile-Point Light up on Lake Ontario, but as a NY State Park, I'm going to have to work out how to get permission to fly there, or maybe fly in from just outside the park to take photos of the lighthouse.

I'm almost back. I'm in LA on a layover returning from Singapore and will get back to Lockport Monday morning. I'll need to unpack the Mavic, charge the batteries, and deal with the multiple software and firmware updates since it arrived. I probably will be ready to fly by next weekend.

I'm in Hamburg NY. Had my Mavic Pro since July. Crashed once due to my lack of trust in the Mavic capabilities.

Reactions: ProfPaul
We should get a group of us Spark and Mavic fliers together either on a mild winter day, or in the spring.

Jrizz1, is there any of you that get together in this area?

Jrizz1, Palindrone, catshepheard - I just saw Palindrone's latest message. It is finally warming up. We maybe could arrange to get together. I'm open to suggestions for a location.
Today, I'm going to take my Mavic PP to Niagara-on-the-Lake and maybe get some waterfront shots. I also joined Brauers, but given the weather, I've been to only one meeting. They lost their field, so the last I heard, they will be flying here in Lockport, where I live, on the Balsa Busters field. We could get together there, either when those groups are flying, or on our own.

Jrizz1, Palindrone, catshepheard - I just saw Palindrone's latest message. It is finally warming up. We maybe could arrange to get together. I'm open to suggestions for a location.
Today, I'm going to take my Mavic PP to Niagara-on-the-Lake and maybe get some waterfront shots. I also joined Brauers, but given the weather, I've been to only one meeting. They lost their field, so the last I heard, they will be flying here in Lockport, where I live, on the Balsa Busters field. We could get together there, either when those groups are flying, or on our own.
I’m game, I’m a newbie, probably 2 hours experience, haven’t even taken it out of beginners mode yet. I’ve spent much more time watching videos on YouTube. But I wouldn’t mind getting together with guys so I could learn faster. Just let me know

Hey has anyone gotten Together yet? I'm in the downtown buffalo area and I just started my amateur aerial photography page on Instagram @aerialfocus716. I have a Mavic Pro and would love to get together with other drone pilots.

Reactions: ProfPaul
Hey has anyone gotten Together yet? I'm in the downtown buffalo area and I just started my amateur aerial photography page on Instagram @aerialfocus716. I have a Mavic Pro and would love to get together with other drone pilots.

I'm not aware of anyone organizing anything. I've flown several times this spring. I'm in Lockport and would prefer to fly outside of the city, but a trip to the waterfront in Buffalo might be fun (assuming that flight isn't restricted). You can see my drone shots from the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Tour de Cure fund raiser that happened on Saturday here:

2018 Tour de Cure Buffalo/Niagara | Facebook

I’m not a good organizer, but if people wanted to get together I would like to join up! I’m not bound by any time constraints, as I’m retired.

Hi all. I’m in the town of North Boston, right near Hamburg. I have a Mavic Air and formerly a Spark. Just throwing it out there in case anyone does decide to organize something. Planning to do some flying around the Buffalo waterfront this weekend.

Another Buffalo guy here. Saw this is an old post but thought I’d try to bring it back to life. Just got my 107 license. Would be great to meet up with some other locals especially now that the weather is changing.

Another Buffalo guy here. Saw this is an old post but thought I’d try to bring it back to life. Just got my 107 license. Would be great to meet up with some other locals especially now that the weather is changing.
Hey I'm in Tonawanda I have a Mavic to zoom that I got in January I have almost 400 miles flowing on it and 150 flights love to find out where everybody's flying I've been flying over the Niagara River

Hey I'm in Tonawanda I have a Mavic to zoom that I got in January I have almost 400 miles flowing on it and 150 flights love to find out where everybody's flying I've been flying over the Niagara River

Awesome!! I actually live in Wheatfield so pretty close to you. I wish I had that kind of time to fly!!

Maybe we can get together this weekend and fly supposed to be nice are usually fly over the Niagara River every night if it ain't raining

I will send you a PM with my number so we can connect. Not sure this weekend will work but maybe?

Hi All,

Still looking at purchasing a Mavic. Currently flying an Inspire 1. In Hamburg - fly @ waterfront & the old silo’s pretty regularly.

Attachments

• 334D44C4-B437-4C5E-8320-8A297C48D33A.jpeg
    334D44C4-B437-4C5E-8320-8A297C48D33A.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 22
  • A2A3F39E-1C9B-47DC-913D-F0691A091221.jpeg
    A2A3F39E-1C9B-47DC-913D-F0691A091221.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members