DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epp1983

Reactions
Just about when I was getting a 2 set of low noise props from DJI website, I noticed the shipping to my country (Portugal) was more expensive than the blades themselves (20€ for the blades + 28€ shipping).

I then searched for alternatives and found these Original Props:
Original DJI Mavic Low-noise Quick-release Propellers 1 Pair -$10.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
These are a bit cheaper when you compare it to the original DJI website, but not having to pay for the shipping is a major plus!

But then, while extending the search I found these:
Platinum Version Silver Side Propeller for DJI Mavic Pro 2pcs -$2.8 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
I was stunned on how cheap these blades were...
Granted they can't be original blades, but still...

My question is, would you be willing to risk a 1000€ aircraft on 5€ of blades?

Cheers

My question is, would you be willing to risk a 1000€ aircraft on 5€ of blades?
No. Many people here have said the 3rd party low-noise props do not work well.

Why the hell would you even consider “cheap” third party props for an expensive drone? Probably the same people that buy cheap tires for their car when...your tires are literally your main connection to the road.

Why the **** would you even consider “cheap” third party props for an expensive drone? Probably the same people that buy cheap tires for their car when...your tires are literally your main connection to the road.
My issue isn't about the price.
If somehow the quality could be "maintained" and you could just not pay for the branding it would be a cool alternative.
I kinda compare it to the drive belt on my scooter. Original one is 160€. Non original one is 80€ and it's the same manufacturer, so it's the same belt.

As the MAJOR part of the flight system props are something we should not cut corners on.

They are not that expensive anyway and the DJI props are a very high standard ...... almost one year on and I am still using the set that came with my MP.

I can't believe this is even a question. You seem to have answered it yourself.

Don't risk it. While they will probably work and you'll save a few bucks, there's still a chance that you'll encounter catastrophic failure, and there's no way DJI is covering that warranty if you weren't using genuine props (assuming you still have a warranty).

The props are an integral part of the drone that keeps your expensive aircraft in the air. I would definitely not risk my drone by purchasing cheap, inferior props.

If you have a DJI dealer closer to home the shipping will be much less I expect.
You should still get the official props at similar price to direct from dji.

I bought a pair on Amazon as well. Didn't realize they were nock offs until I opened the package. Clicked on the return option on Amazon and received a request for more info from the seller. Sent them pictures of them next to OEM blades. They initiated a return and are refunding me the full amount. These will be going in the trash. Wouldn't think of putting them on. Picked up some sparks for Christmas gifts on sale and also ordered Mavic props direct from DJI. I bought them off amazon because I didn't want to have to sign for them. Lesson learned

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000